Pocahontas Closing from the BDT...

GMan

there were four lunches back in the day...its not a big deal...23 kids?? wowwwwwwww watch out...sharing lockers...no big deal..they are big enough for 2 people easily...quit complaining...the school is not bad...its not over crowded...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

like 3 or 4 teachers are having to share rooms in order to have class...depending on which teachers have planning certain periods...

[/ QUOTE ]

That isn't new, that happened when I was there in the 80s...

[ QUOTE ]

4 lunches...people are still having to share lockers and all classes have at least 23 students...

[/ QUOTE ]

There have always been 4 lunches. How can people be sharing lockers? Did they take some out? When I was in school there were nearly 600 students in four grades and there were tons of empty lockers...pretty sure we counted them one time and there were over 700 lockers back then. And almost all of my classes had more than 23 students...even chemistry with Mrs. Ireson. The sad part is we got a better education then than what the offer now...the SOLs are dumbing down ALL the students...

Here's an idea...one of you kids at Graham, go count the number of lockers and give us a total...

the lockers are about 1 and 1/2 times bigger..so their are a pretty good amount fewer....and all im saying is that IF there is any money saved from closing PHS then it should stay in the Eastern part of the county...

[ QUOTE ]

the lockers are about 1 and 1/2 times bigger..so their are a pretty good amount fewer....and all im saying is that IF there is any money saved from closing PHS then it should stay in the Eastern part of the county...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

First off there will be money saved. Second, why would the money stay in the eastern part of the county? THis is supposed be for the good of the entire county...we all pay the taxes, the money should go to all the schools.

And if the lockers are so much bigger then there shouldnt be a problem for students to share them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

First off there will be money saved. Second, why would the money stay in the eastern part of the county? THis is supposed be for the good of the entire county...we all pay the taxes, the money should go to all the schools.

And if the lockers are so much bigger then there shouldnt be a problem for students to share them.

[/ QUOTE ]

VERY shortsighted of the TCSB to purchase and install larger/fewer lockers KNOWING they were going to be sending kids from Pocy to Graham...

what is the student population at Graham High? I know Bluefield has total enrollment of about 620 but on a good day we have maybe 500 students there. With this point, looking at Graham High from the outside, it seems plenty big enough to hold just that many students, if not more, as it appears to be just as big if not larger than Bluefield High School.

Granted Ive never actually been inside of Graham High, but im just making my assumption.

because the money was going to the east side of the county anyway so it should stay for dudley. GIS GMS AND GHS...again i say that the eastern side deserves it....i dont care what you say the school board has always turned its back on this side of the county money wise and weather wise

[ QUOTE ]

because the money was going to the east side of the county anyway so it should stay for dudley. GIS GMS AND GHS...again i say that the eastern side deserves it....i dont care what you say the school board has always turned its back on this side of the county money wise and weather wise

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang...now the school board controls the weather!! Then why does it always flood in Richlands and Doran?!?!?

im talking about during the winter when we have like and inch of ice and we still go to school on regular schedule while if there is a half inch in tazewell or richlands then we are closed for three days

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the majority of the money should go to Richlands as they are the ones that have their kids spent the least on. But that is only one man's opinion.

oh cry a river build a bridge and get over it Froy...how many people have wrecked that YOU know of for sure going to school..and PLUS...you dont HAVE to go to school..one absence wont hurt you...if you are too scared cause of a little ice get over it...a little bit of heads up for college...they hardly EVER cancel classes...rain sleet snow ice whatever...BC has had a few inclement weather schedules but very few cancelations...and money wise...the Graham schools only need a few adjustments here and there...and didnt GIS just get a new gym floor recently?

no one from Tazwell county should be complaining about not getting out of school. My God, if I pee in front of Graham High School, it will be a two hour delay. If I poop down the street from Richlands, school might just be cancelled.

Guest JJBrickface

Yeah Graham kids can't complain at all. There were many, many, many days that Tazewell County was closed or on two hour delay while we had to go on full schedule in Mercer Co. Consider yourself lucky.

[ QUOTE ]

oh cry a river build a bridge and get over it Froy...how many people have wrecked that YOU know of for sure going to school..and PLUS...you dont HAVE to go to school..one absence wont hurt you...if you are too scared cause of a little ice get over it...a little bit of heads up for college...they hardly EVER cancel classes...rain sleet snow ice whatever...BC has had a few inclement weather schedules but very few cancelations...and money wise...the Graham schools only need a few adjustments here and there...and didnt GIS just get a new gym floor recently?

[/ QUOTE ]

GIS did get a new gym floor that was paid for by the parents .

i know of quite a few that have wrecked this year...chardy...brittany hayes etc....and im not talking about me getting to school i live 5 min from it and drive a 4wd truck im talking about the people on top of springville mtn ....or who have to come over trashdump hill.....and i know colleges down get out much....however most the the people who go to BC live within 5-10 miles from the campus....GIS's gym was funded by parents...and all im saying is that the eastern side needs the majority of the money...and as an alumni from graham...and had an inside look at what is wrong with the school...i would think you would see my side of this....

no i dont because youre examples werent that good...Graham does not need money...unless you just want all the sport teams to get new uniforms or stuff like that...the school itself is in fine condition and like i said needs only a few adjustments here and there...

ok so do what you said give it to all sports except football....they have enough ...im sure soccer could stand some new equipment and uniforms and stuff, as could baseball softball track volley ball wrestling golf and every other sport that "the almighty" you know who doesnt give a rats behind about....

[ QUOTE ]

ok so argue with me on every little detail....my point is the money that is saved should stay on the east side of the county..

[/ QUOTE ]

But why?!?! It was already shown that Richalnds has the lowest per student cost out of every school. Graham has the most out of the three remaining high schools...so they deserve even more? Im not saying Richlands should get all of the money, Im just saying that it should be evenly distributed.

so that the people paying taxes in pocy dont see the money they are paying.....richlands may have to lowest per student cost...but they also have pretty much the nicest facilities