Pocahontas Closing from the BDT...

GMan

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Gary Williams retired back in the fall. He is no longer at the central office.

[/ QUOTE ]

i did not know that lol...and yeah i agree Alum...that is a very biased look for Graham students and teachers to want money...when i was at Graham (graduated last year) there was NO talk AT ALL about the school needing more money for renovations and such...dont know where Froy is getting his sources from...but it must just be him and a few of his friends...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

ok then that shows the need for new schools...not just another coat of paint on the old ones...i never said that the other schools couldnt use some maintenance....i simply said that i..along with many of the people who work and attend graham schools....think the money should stay here....

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the people at Graham think the money should stay there....but I guess they arent biased at all, are they?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean ONE person. A 15 year old kid who doesn't know much about the world yet. The money should be divided evenly for all remaining schools in the county.

one i am 17 and i have seen the politics of the county ...gary o didnt retire...i know from two school board members he was asked to resign...and yes there was talk abou graham needing more money...there has always been talk about how the school is falling apart....and if you read my previous message it states that i never said the other schools couldnt use renovations...an unbiased opinion...however yes the school board funds us to play at mitchell but if you do remember they started an arguement last year as to paying for us to play there....and the school board needs to be more concerned with task at hand...relocating pocy kids...and less concerned with other stuff....at the latest meeting with the school principles the school board stated that all "Bumping and grinding" at school dances should be regulated by a county wide policy...why are they worried about this when there are bigger tasks at hand

I believe GHS189 should focus on the big problem of his typing. Type a period and seperate your sentences when you type. There is no need for three dots between everything.

Am I the only one who is annoyed by this?

[ QUOTE ]

I believe GHS189 should focus on the big problem of his typing. Type a period and seperate your sentences when you type. There is no need for three dots between everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful now...I think someone else types like that...GHS189 is trying to copy his style...

So now it has come down to my typing, ok fine from now on I will type correctly. However, I do not see what the heck my typing style has to do with what we are talking about. In the last week this thread has gone from talking about pocy closing to making sneer comments about each other, so if it is alright with the rest of you, I would like to return to the original topic.

Dear Froy,

YOU brought the "sneer comments" upon yourself by starting the debate on why the money should stay at Graham. That was just an ignorant and greedy statement to start with. Then you went on to say that Graham was in the worst condition out of any schools. Wrong again. Graham is fine. The money should be dispersed evenly. No more arguement there. Now, about Pocy closing. They closed it. The kids will go to Tazewell or Graham. END OF DISCUSSION.

Sincerely,

Beano

Dear Beano,

Did you by any chance read the paper this morning on how the TCSB admitted that GHS needs a new roof and how it was to be put on right after school ends, thus this renforces my statement that Graham is in need of some major renovations. However, in your response to my post you stated that it was the end of the discussion, but I believe that it has not yet been settled, do to the fact that according to the students that visited Graham on Monday most of the kids are considering going to Bland and possibly even Bluefield.

FROY

[ QUOTE ]

Dear Beano,

Did you by any chance read the paper this morning on how the TCSB admitted that GHS needs a new roof and how it was to be put on right after school ends, thus this renforces my statement that Graham is in need of some major renovations. However, in your response to my post you stated that it was the end of the discussion, but I believe that it has not yet been settled, do to the fact that according to the students that visited Graham on Monday most of the kids are considering going to Bland and possibly even Bluefield.

FROY

[/ QUOTE ]

All of the schools need renovations. I'm not sure of GHS has AC,R but RHS dosnt. They all need work. If GHS needs work then that is fine it should get it...but the other schools could use it also. GHS already gets the most money per student anyway. Why cant they use that money to fix the school up a little.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful now...I think someone else types like that...GHS189 is trying to copy his style...

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add the lol...lol

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard rumors that the Pauley (sp) kids from that school are planning to come to Bluefield. If so, I'll be here to welcome them to our basketball program which is losing a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are just that...rumors.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot to add the lol...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Not lol'ing...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard rumors that the Pauley (sp) kids from that school are planning to come to Bluefield. If so, I'll be here to welcome them to our basketball program which is losing a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are just that...rumors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...rumors.

Like I said the other schools COULD use renovations, all I am saying is that GHS could use some too. The "other" renovations include: heat and A/C that actually work (the new system isn't working), the main roof is deteriating due to the feces and vomit from the turkey buzzards, and half the desks are falling apart. Now again Beano, lets get back to pocy, you have a hard time letting go don't you.

i dont have a hard time letting it go at all...you are the one that keeps bringing it back up...Pocy is resolved...the Pocy kids are going to Graham or Tazewell...with some maybe going to Bluefield or Bland...whats the problem?

[ QUOTE ]

the main roof is deteriating due to the feces and vomit from the turkey buzzards

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't my argument at all, but I just want to point out how absurd this claim is. Are you really going to blame problems with a roof on bird crap? And do turkey buzzards really vomit that much? There have been a lot of holes in all of your arguments, Froy (I don't know who you are, but that's what others have been calling you, so I figured I could). Buildings fall apart. Your building doesn't deserve preferential treatment over others in the county. I know it's tough to, but let it go. Please.

By the way, I couldn't imagine what the people of Pocahontas are going through. From an economic standpoint, it seems to make sense, but from a humanistic standpoint, I feel for the people of that community. Change sucks. It happens to all of us. I wish everyone affected by the change are able to adjust and make the most out of the situation.