Pocahontas Closing from the BDT...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the main roof is deteriating due to the feces and vomit from the turkey buzzards

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't my argument at all, but I just want to point out how absurd this claim is. Are you really going to blame problems with a roof on bird crap? And do turkey buzzards really vomit that much? There have been a lot of holes in all of your arguments, Froy (I don't know who you are, but that's what others have been calling you, so I figured I could). Buildings fall apart. Your building doesn't deserve preferential treatment over others in the county. I know it's tough to, but let it go. Please.

By the way, I couldn't imagine what the people of Pocahontas are going through. From an economic standpoint, it seems to make sense, but from a humanistic standpoint, I feel for the people of that community. Change sucks. It happens to all of us. I wish everyone affected by the change are able to adjust and make the most out of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Point on. It's entirely likely that the Pocahontas kids will be attending Graham. Make some new friends...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the Turkey Vulture Vomits

The turkey vulture has few natural predators. Its primary form of defense is vomiting. The birds do not "projectile vomit," as many would claim. They simply cough up a lump of semi-digested meat. This foul smelling substance deters most creatures intent on raiding a vulture nest. It will also sting if the offending animal is close enough to get the vomit in its face or eyes.

In some cases, the vulture must rid its crop of a heavy, undigested meal in order to lift off and flee from a potential predator. In this case, the regurgitated material has not yet been digested. Most predators will give up pursuit of the vulture in favor of this free edible offering.

Why the Turkey Vulture Urinates on its Legs

The turkey vulture often directs its urine right onto its legs. This serves two very important purposes. In the summertime, wetting the legs cools the vulture, as the urine evaporates. (The vulture cannot sweat like us). In addition, this urine contains strong acids from the vulture's digestive system, which kill any bacteria that may remain on the bird's legs from stepping in its meal.

Why Some People Get on this Message Board and Babble About Things They Have No Clue About

God only knows...

I am friends with many of the kids from pocy and will be the first to welcome them, plus they will be an asset to many of the sports and academic teams. Also, yes I expect you to believe that the buzzard defecation and vomit causes problems with the roof. This article was written last year about the damage, http://www.bdtonline.com/archivesearch/local_story_029193920.html.

[ QUOTE ]

I am friends with many of the kids from pocy and will be the first to welcome them, plus they will be an asset to many of the sports and academic teams. Also, yes I expect you to believe that the buzzard defecation and vomit causes problems with the roof. This article was written last year about the damage, http://www.bdtonline.com/archivesearch/local_story_029193920.html.

[/ QUOTE ]

from the link provided above:

[ QUOTE ]

Site Error

An error was encountered while publishing this resource.

Resource not found

Sorry, the requested resource does not exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH GOD!! It looks like the turkey vultures are on to you!! They have gotten to the BDT website, and vomitted on your evidence!! What are we going to do!?!?

[ QUOTE ]

Like I said the other schools COULD use renovations, all I am saying is that GHS could use some too. The "other" renovations include: heat and A/C that actually work (the new system isn't working), the main roof is deteriating due to the feces and vomit from the turkey buzzards, and half the desks are falling apart. Now again Beano, lets get back to pocy, you have a hard time letting go don't you.

[/ QUOTE ]

RHS has NO A/C system.

Then i guess the school board will give them the same worthless A/C system that Graham got. I am sorry that the link didn't work go to the BDT website and type in Unwelcome guests and it will take you to the article.

well most all Graham classrooms have windows...the teachers open them up and the rooms arent hot...they would use the A/C a total of 20 days a year probably...waste...the heating system is good just a few rooms need new heaters...

I remember at the beginning of this school year, Graham was ending their school days early because "it was too hot." Give me a break. Like Beano said, its never hot here. Before I moved here, I was up over the summer when one day it hit 90 degrees for the first time in something like 10 years. When the weather is comfortably low 80s consistently and people consider it "too hot" so in turn they cancel school, thats pretty pointless.

[ QUOTE ]

I remember at the beginning of this school year, Graham was ending their school days early because "it was too hot."

[/ QUOTE ]

That was not Graham's decision...that was the decision of the Superintendent of the Tazewell Co. schools...

Guest JJBrickface

I remember one day in class Mr. Addington filled in for our teacher that day and he was all pissed off at us. He made us shut the windows and doors. This was in the middle of May.

A) then why the heck has the school board been trying to put a new heating system (that never worked) and and new air conditioning system (which still doesn't work) all year. B) the heating system that you are referring to as being good is the boiler system, which has to be repaired like 3 times a year for the last five years. Why, because the pipes kept bursting do to the shift of the school. You never did pay much attention to your surroundings did you?

oh i payed plenty of attention to my surrondings...those problems are at EVERY SCHOOL...Graham is an old school...as is Richlands Tazewell and Pocy...Graham does NOT deserve more money...once again...your view is BIASED

My response was to you saying that we do not need an A/C system or heat, NOT that Graham's heating system was worse than any other school's. Again you took my post out of context in order for you to try to make a fool out of me. Ben, many people have seen your posts, including GHS administration and are appalled at the fact that you a GHS alumni are down playing the fact that Graham could use atleast a few renovations, yes I may be selfish, in wanting MY school, OUR school to be better, but is that not what Mr. O'Neal has been pushing since he became principal, G-MEN PRIDE.

oh i have plenty of pride for my old school...but i do NOT think that they deserve the money for renovations that the other schools need as well...and i know that you have showed any and every one these posts that will listen to you...but once again...your biased view and greediness is getting the best of you...the heating system may have flaws...but it still works...so only fix those that need it..not the whole system...the A/C thing...as far as im concerned...NO school in Tazewell County needs A/C...it doesnt get hot enough for it...and i didnt take your post out of context to make you look like a fool Froy...you do that well enough yourself...you show your ass everytime you get on here claiming that GHS needs ALL the money that Pocy gets...split the difference up EVENLY and let every school do what NEEDS to be done with the money...let the different SCHOOLS do what needs to be done...not the SB make the decision..and another reason i disagree with you...you are leaving out every other school in Bluefield...Dudley GIS and GMS...

Look at my previous posts and you will see that I talk about the rest of the schools, however I can not base my points concerning their renovations on anything but the what I hear not what I see. Also, I have thought about the money and have come to the conclusion that it should go to the schools that the pocy kids go to..if half go to THS and half GHS then they should each get half, if more go to THS then that percent of the money should go to tazewell, if more go to graham then they get the percent, so basically the percent of the money follows the corresponding percent of the students.

[ QUOTE ]

Look at my previous posts and you will see that I talk about the rest of the schools, however I can not base my points concerning their renovations on anything but the what I hear not what I see. Also, I have thought about the money and have come to the conclusion that it should go to the schools that the pocy kids go to..if half go to THS and half GHS then they should each get half, if more go to THS then that percent of the money should go to tazewell, if more go to graham then they get the percent, so basically the percent of the money follows the corresponding percent of the students.

[/ QUOTE ]

So Tazewell and Graham should increase their money per student (which is already higher than Richlands) while Richlands stays the same. Sounds logical to me!! You should run for school board one day, you would fit right in.