Pocahontas Closing from the BDT...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

so that the people paying taxes in pocy dont see the money they are paying.....richlands may have to lowest per student cost...but they also have pretty much the nicest facilities

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know why?!?! Because we raise the money to pay for alot of the things we have. I know when I was in high school and was a member of the band all we did was fundraise. That way we could have all the nice uniforms and equipment. All we ever heard from the GHS band memebers was that the only reason we were a better band was because we had more money to use for nicer things. We worked hard for the things that we had...that is the only reason we had them.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

so that the people paying taxes in pocy dont see the money they are paying.....richlands may have to lowest per student cost...but they also have pretty much the nicest facilities

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the TCSB agrees that it is easier and cheaper to pay for the use of Mitchell Stadium, it is prone to stay that way. If I was a G-Parent, I would start asking "why." "Why" can't Graham have their own facilities. The answer starts with the people of the Double Gates.

you are in over your head Froy...you have no idea what you are talking about...most every single dollar made for every school is done by fundraising...other than new computers and stuff like that for the schools you wont see money for new jerseys and equipment for teams...just quit before you dig yourself even deeper

[ QUOTE ]

is tazewell considered western part of the county? if so, some pocy kids will go there too and that won't be fair to them..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Tazewell is considered in the western part of the county. I think when people say the eastern half of the county they mean Blueifeld and Pocahontas. The western part is Richalnds and Tazewell. At least thats what I always thought. It dosnt matter to GHS189 where the kids from Pocahontas are going...he is from Graham so he thinks they should get all the money.

get your facts straight it isnt the people of double gates...it the town and the tierneys who own leatherwood farms ...that development has been proposed for five years and all they have done was build a new town hall

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

is tazewell considered western part of the county? if so, some pocy kids will go there too and that won't be fair to them..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Tazewell is considered in the western part of the county. I think when people say the eastern half of the county they mean Blueifeld and Pocahontas. The western part is Richalnds and Tazewell. At least thats what I always thought. It dosnt matter to GHS189 where the kids from Pocahontas are going...he is from Graham so he thinks they should get all the money.

[/ QUOTE ] yea thats what i think...i think tazewell county school board has there heads stuck so far up their butts its not even funny...for the kids that go to tazewell i pity them that they have to deal with rednecks the cant even play a baseball game without getting into a barnyard brawl!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] yea thats what i think...i think tazewell county school board has there heads stuck so far up their butts its not even funny...for the kids that go to tazewell i pity them that they have to deal with rednecks the cant even play a baseball game without getting into a barnyard brawl!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What on earth does this have to do with anything we are discussing? I know a couple of baseball players at Tazewell and they are fine youngmen. I dont think your blanket statements are called for.

and Coach Marrs' football team got their new uniforms due to the fundraising by the Football boosters...i will say once again Froy...you are digging yourself deeper and making yourself like a bigger moron and biggot with every post...that last post on Tazewell was completely uncalled for...i know many people from Tazewell and they are better people than you...do NOT judge so quickly or say things you dont know EVERY detail about because you will get burned for saying stupid things like you have been all this post...

Let's keep it clean, guys. There is no need to name call kids at other schools. We are all human beings here. Many high school kids around the area read these forums and we don't need to have a racial slur war started here.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

did i miss getting my money last week? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

April said she was going to take them on Friday, but I didint work on Friday, so I dont know. Were you not at school?

[/ QUOTE ]No, I was gone on the MGA trip to Richmond. During or after school tomorrow?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

did i miss getting my money last week? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

April said she was going to take them on Friday, but I didint work on Friday, so I dont know. Were you not at school?

[/ QUOTE ]No, I was gone on the MGA trip to Richmond. During or after school tomorrow?

[/ QUOTE ]

After.

thats BS..i know for a fact how his little "football concession tryed to take away from the concessions sold by the wrestling boosters.....and the comment concerning the baseball game..was directed toward both teams...it was a redneck fight...that should have never happened...both teams were at fault and it was handled completely wrong....and as far as me being a "moron and biggot"...guess ill just have to live with what you think of me ...frankly i dont see why a college freshman who doesnt know the day to day happenings at GHS...has any reason to argue with someone who sees what happens at the school and knows about the politics of the schoolboard....

[ QUOTE ]

...frankly i dont see why a college freshman who doesnt know the day to day happenings at GHS...has any reason to argue with someone who sees what happens at the school and knows about the politics of the schoolboard....

[/ QUOTE ]

He is smarter. He has a high school diploma.

ok almighty beano...you are right i am wrong...apparently...

you know what is going on in the county better than i do...in fact you have my nomination for school board...they need some body with your widespread intelligence...but it is kinda funny how youll lower yourself to argue with a "moron and bigget" on issues that are completely irrelevant to the issue at hand...pocy closing...whether you agree with it or not...there are atleast a few things the money could go for at graham...whether it be new books, maintenance on the buildings or anything else...yea tazewell could use a few things as could richlands...but i am worried that with pocy gone and graham the only school on this side of the county...that the sb will turn its back on us much like they did with pocy the last couple of years

spoken like someone who wants nothing but money for the school...looks to me like you are taking Pocy closing as a mean of money for Graham...truly sad...if you must know...GRAHAM has the most money per student of the three remaining high schools in Tazewell County with Tazewell second and Richlands third...which means...ding ding ding...the money should go to Richlands and Tazewell...with a little staying for Graham for the little repairs here and there that they need...