Bluefield-Graham post-game discussion.

BeaverHokie

that was one heck of an impressive drive by bluefield at the end, its a shame it had 2 come down to 1 play that will forever put an * by the final score..blfd should be 1-0 right now, but its ok, just get in the playoffs and i like their chances with all that speed... congrats to graham, they play hard, kinda boring to watch but if they keep harris eligible should have a solid year

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the field goal have been an option for Bluefield? Was the ball on the side of the hash mark or what? I guess that close I would have went for it to.

will cole was the kicker and he was having leg cramps,so that descision was the right one.not to go for the field goal.but thats my opinion.

that was one heck of an impressive drive by bluefield at the end, its a shame it had 2 come down to 1 play that will forever put an * by the final score..blfd should be 1-0 right now, but its ok, just get in the playoffs and i like their chances with all that speed... congrats to graham, they play hard, kinda boring to watch but if they keep harris eligible should have a solid year
Now why you going to go and say that Graham made a hell of a stop at the goal line and thats that...Bluefield played a very good Graham team they have nothing to be ashamed about. In my eyes it was the best game i have ever seen

And what about a nod to Marrs at the center position. He caught some grief on here last year, but is much improved. You can see he's bigger, and really made Scott's running effective.

Tony Barreras is a beast. What was the deal with his trips to the bench? Looked like some kind of bleeding issue.

Would the field goal have been an option for Bluefield? Was the ball on the side of the hash mark or what? I guess that close I would have went for it to.

The ball was on the hash mark, from one yard out with a right footed kicker....thats a pretty tough angle.

The game was quite entertaining. I thought the officiating was pretty good until the last play. The officials kinda looked at one another before the Graham kid came out of the pile with the ball. The white hat waved his hand and they ran to the locker room. There was no offical call of Touchdown or fumble or even if he was down. I'm assuming that they ruled it a fumble and recovery for Graham. Either way, there should have been 6 secs on the clock unless the ball was rolling around, which it clearly wasn't.

Freddy and his video guy marched back to the officals changing room in an attempt to show their mistake but I don't think they got that opportunity.

Anyway, great game. I feel Bluefield passed the ball way too much from the second quarter on. They were up 13-0 with the majority of the ball movement seeemingly coming from the ground with a TD pass to start the game. Bluefield had 4 fumbles all lost and missed a couple touchdowns by dropped passes or not in control of the ball while going out of bounds.

over on the other board i started a thread titled 'travesty in the Bluefields tonite' and Will Cole just posted in the thread as to what REALLY happened in the scrum..go take a read boys! the Beavers should be 1-0 tonite!

over on the other board i started a thread titled 'travesty in the Bluefields tonite' and Will Cole just posted in the thread as to what REALLY happened in the scrum..go take a read boys! the Beavers should be 1-0 tonite!
Let him say what he wants to say.." IT IS WHAT IT IS"

yeah, it is what it is, it is WRONG, but Bluefield has proven they can lose a game here or there and still bring in a title, so revel in this gift, it will be your last for a while!

I won't read will cole's post till I post my opinion, then I'll see how they equal out.

Congrats to each team though, graham on the victory bluefield on, sort of the victory, but regardless each team represented this area combined well in what was 1 of the better bluefield graham games in quite a while, certainly among the tops.

I was on the goal line on bluefield's side doing photos, personally, admiting room to be wrong, I thought it was a score, he drove into the endzone, and once the ball goes over the plane of the white line it's a score, play over, it doesn't matter who does what with the ball after that. You see players strip the ball after a score all the time in desperation in football, but the real problem here was the refs simply didn't make a call, they looked to each other for someone to, noone did, and unfortunately at that point the play was still going without a call having been made. I had a good view, cole drove his legs and seemed to be in, more than anything else he was over the goal line himself at the bottom of the pile, you don't move 1,000 some pounds of football players laying on top of you forward just so you can appear to be further downfield. I waited for an expected signal as did many bluefield players, and the none was made. They sort of just let the ending, graham running away with the ball celebrating dictate the ending. I thought they were going to the back of the endzone to confer, but they just ran into the ref's locker, I didn't realize that's where it was. It was a bizzare ending.

What can you do.

Could I be wrong, of course, things happen so fast, but unless I watch some conclusive video evidence that shows differently, or a fumble, which I certainly didn't see, I'll believe it was a score. The players didn't drop the ball on this, the refs did. In my opinion based on what I watched...

yeah, it is what it is, it is WRONG, but Bluefield has proven they can lose a game here or there and still bring in a title, so revel in this gift, it will be your last for a while!
Hey thats alright just remember where the trophy and the braggin rights belong this year..yeah thats right..." G-R-A-H-A-M"!

Now why you going to go and say that Graham made a hell of a stop at the goal line and thats that...Bluefield played a very good Graham team they have nothing to be ashamed about. In my eyes it was the best game i have ever seen

because will cole was over the goalline with the football in his hands it shoulda been a blfd victory t/n boys

Hey thats alright just remember where the trophy and the braggin rights belong this year..yeah thats right..." G-R-A-H-A-M"!

trophy and bragging rights?? the only REAL trophies that concern you are in Bluefields trophy case and they say STATE CHAMPIONS..oh, and there is 9 of them! theres your bragging rights!

Trophy???? hahaha oh gosh! yea man congrats on winning the battle of the bluefields trophy..win a state title and we'll talk about a trophy

lol trash talk, tonight was a great game. I was jumping out of my seat at the end. And obviously if the ball was in a Graham players hands then its a fumble i mean you just gotta hold on to the ball kid. And about Tony Barreras from what i seen it looked like he bit his chin and it split it open i know he has to get stiches. But he fought like a Gman and made that stop there at the end. And my hats off to The Beavers they are looking good just like last year.

lol trash talk, tonight was a great game. I was jumping out of my seat at the end. And obviously if the ball was in a Graham players hands then its a fumble i mean you just gotta hold on to the ball kid. And about Tony Barreras from what i seen it looked like he bit his chin and it split it open i know he has to get stiches. But he fought like a Gman and made that stop there at the end. And my hats off to The Beavers they are looking good just like last year.

Well the ONLY problem with that logic is that once the ball crosses the goal line .....they recovered a dead ball!

All I want to say is that everyone including you, knew Cole crossed the line. Yes, Beaver made alot of mistakes and shouldn't have been forced into that type of situation. But the fact of the matter is that game was won by the Bluefield Beavers! And also its pretty bad when Grahams players came to the Bluefields players saying the call was bull**** you guys won the game

well all i gotta say is that bluefield stopping graham at the goal line with about 2 mins left, then driving down field after almost throwing an int to jeffers(i think) who was one of his better friends at graham that dropped it, then getting to the goal line again for a defensive stop by graham this time with jeffers redeming himself by coming out with the ball... what could be a more exciting ending then that?

but honestly i dont know if Will lost the ball before he crossed the goal line or not, but the guy who said bluefield had no push on the oline i think was a little off because i was right there on the goal line front row watching it and bluefield had the push so it looked and me and all my friends figured it was over with a bluefield win until jeffers came out with the ball...

we dont know if the refs made the right call or not, but they should of made a call a little sooner rather than looking around at each other so that it wouldnt of looked as bad...

im sure bluefield fans will complain about it for a while and i cant say id blame them if it happend the other way around i would to... but come on somebody has to lose the game no matter how good of a game it is...