Outrageous?

hokie07

Watch the Youtube segment... it's a little more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vteNGQ0Z8FI

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=7490636&version=6&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

photo_servlet?contentId=7490662&version=1&locale=EN-US&subtype=MIMG&siteId=1017&isP16=true

AURORA (MyFOXColorado.com) - An 11-year-old in Aurora says his first amendment rights are being trampled after he was suspended for wearing a homemade shirt that reads "Obama is a terrorist's best friend."

The fifth grader at Aurora Frontier K-8 School wore it on a day when students were asked to wear red, white and blue to show their patriotism.

The boy's father Dann Dalton describes himself as a "proud conservative" who has taken part in some controversial anti-abortion protests. Dalton says the school made a major mistake by suspending his son for wearing the shirt.

"It's the public school system," Dalton says. "Let's be honest, it's full of liberal loons."

According the the boy's father, the school district told the student, Daxx Dalton, that he had the choice of changing his shirt, turning his shirt inside out or being suspended.

Daxx chose suspension.

"They're taking away my right of freedom of speech," he says. "If I have the right to wear this shirt I'm going to use it. And if the only way to use it is get suspended, then I'm going to get suspended."

Daxx's dad agrees with him and is encouraging his son to stand his ground. "The facts are his rights were violated. Period."

Aurora Public Schools would not talk about the case but said the district "Respects a student's right to free speech, such as the right to wear specific clothing," but administrators say they review any situation that interrupts the learning environment.

Paperwork submitted by the school district says Daxx Dalton was not suspended for wearing the shirt, but for willful disobedience and defiance.

The boy's father says he intends to pursue a lawsuit against the district.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Anyone need proof that ignorance, intolerance, and racism are taught behaviors? Look no further than this...

Are you saying that kid is racist?

Dude, that is really uncalled for. He is expressing his beliefs, as do you and I. You can not tell me he doesnt have that right.

And if (and thats a BIG IF) you are right, Barack Obama is a racist. You see, he even called his grandmother a racist,(as well as a typical white person) and she called Rev. Wright a "racist bigot".

So then I guess Obama was taught these behaviors too... Kumbaya!

Anyone need proof that ignorance, intolerance, and racism are taught behaviors? Look no further than this...

Where does this show anything remotely close to racism? The simple fact is that if this kid would have been wearing anti-Bush, McCain, or even Palin then there would've been hardly a fuss.

You know what they say, if the shirt fits...

the truth will set you free...... if he dont want to me a terrorist best friend maybe he should be more careful when choosing his friends.

Well I think John McCain is a Homo...do something to me...

See that is the thing in America we only have freedom of speech for the liberal morons. Say something about McCain`s age or anything else about him and it is fine. Say something about Obama and it is racist. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. I for one will say what I want to about Obama, it`s my right.

Are you saying that kid is racist?

Dude, that is really uncalled for. He is expressing his beliefs, as do you and I. You can not tell me he doesnt have that right.

And if (and thats a BIG IF) you are right, Barack Obama is a racist. You see, he even called his grandmother a racist,(as well as a typical white person) and she called Rev. Wright a "racist bigot".

So then I guess Obama was taught these behaviors too... Kumbaya!

SPOT ON!

I'd LOVE to be the lawyer that represents this child/father in court. I'm taking a First Amendment course right now in law school, and unless this shirt presented a "clear and imminent danger", it should not be censored. Clearly, that's not the case here.

And yes, there's a BIG double-standard here, which you nail in the 2nd paragraph.

See that is the thing in America we only have freedom of speech for the liberal morons. Say something about McCain`s age or anything else about him and it is fine. Say something about Obama and it is racist. People need to wake up and smell the coffee. I for one will say what I want to about Obama, it`s my right.

Thats because a lot of the stuff said about Obama are racist comments...especially in this pathetic area. It is an absolutely correct point in saying that there are black people voting for Obama because he is black, however, there are just as many people, and I feel more, refusing to vote for him because he is black. You can accept that whether you like it or not. Being a high school student, I hear more of the latter. Too many ignorant fools at my school are saying that Obama is terrible and they know nothing of him than the "Baracknophobia", as perfectly stated by John Stewart, and that he is black. When I ask why they would vote for McCain if they were of age, they say "because he isn't Barack Obama." Then when I ask "Who is Barack Obama to you?"..there is hardly a sensible response. I am glad that there are people like Beavertail, Lance, UVA Observer and Hokie07 who are informed, know what they are talking about, and have their own opinions because they have done the work. I am disgusted with how many people my age are just going along with what they've heard. I am very pleased that I am one of the few people at Bluefield High School eligible to vote because the rest would making a huge mistake.

I am very pleased that I am one of the few people at Bluefield High School eligible to vote because the rest would making a huge mistake.

Why would they be making a mistake? And you don't think that some people your age that are white are voting for McCain because he's white?

The door swings both ways.

I've been liberal but i like to look thru decisions before i make a choice, and what Obama sais sounds like it best helps me out if he goes thru with his promises. I don't want to here "Yeah, thats if he goes thru with them". The same goes with McCain, who sais he's not bull-crapping either?

A good friend of mine is the President of the Republican party at WVU and we had a huge conversation before the 'Nova game about both parties and he stated his case and I stated mine. McCain helped him in the future more, and Obama helped me.

I'd actually consider myself more of a Centrist, I like to hear both sides before making my own decision.

Anyways, about the shirt. My whole time at BHS, they made the people wearing shirts or clothes with rebel flags off. So why should this be different? I mean the boys shirt says "Barack Obama, A terrorists best friend" or something like that. It sounds to me like the boys shirt says Barack supports terrorist. Maybe thats why...

Edited by bluefieldRocks

i wish i could vote this year. it's like that at my school too though probably the thing that bothers me the most is that kids go by what there parent's believe which in some cases might be the same but most of the time it's just cuz it's what there parents think. ask them why there for obama or mccain they say well my parents are for them so... and yea there are also plenty of people here in carroll county who wouldn't vote for him because he is black. interesting fact i'd say out of 1200 students in high school here maybe at the most 10 are black so there is plenty of racism at our school

So if we support mccain we're uninformed and don't know what we're talking about?

Have you been out in the real world, served in the military, been in a country that "really" has problems, were you around during the cold war, mature and informed during the clinton, reagan, Bush senior, or carter years, ect..?

It's good that you consider yourself informed, or seem to at least make an attempt, but don't assume people who support mccain are uninformed. I have lots of reasons to support mccain.

I'll tell you else overwhelmingly supports mccain, over 95 % of the men and women who serve this country in the military, few people in the u.s. have a bigger concern about foreign policy and the state of the country than those who put their lives on the line for it and for freedom. Not suggesting their vote counts more than other's simply making a point to consider about those who support mccain. It's not that I myself think he's the answer to America's problems, but he's the better person for the job in this election, and certainly not the danger that obama is.

While you mention people voting out of emotion or for reasons without much thought, have you considered how any people support obama simply because they hate bush, blame him for everything, despite a democratic congress that has accomplished nothing, and think they're paying back republicans somehow by voting democratic.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Thats because a lot of the stuff said about Obama are racist comments...

Name ONE comment John McCain and his staff have made about race.

I understand people say things that we can not control, but McCain and his staff have bent over backwards to try and allieviate all race from this election.

And if i have said it once ill say it again, by blaming, or claiming race as an issue, it just brings out more racist problems.

And another point, you ever think about the white people who vote for Obama to prove they arent racist? The door is swinging multiple ways on this one...

So if we support mccain we're uninformed and don't know what we're talking about?

Have you been out in the real world, served in the military, been in a country that "really" has problems, were you around during the cold war, mature and informed during the clinton, reagan, Bush senior, or carter years, ect..?

It's good that you consider yourself informed, or seem to at least make an attempt, but don't assume people who support mccain are uninformed. I have lots of reasons to support mccain.

I'll tell you else overwhelmingly supports mccain, over 95 % of the men and women who serve this country in the military, few people in the u.s. have a bigger concern about foreign policy and the state of the country than those who put their lives on the line for it and for freedom. Not suggesting their vote counts more than other's simply making a point to consider about those who support mccain. It's not that I myself think he's the answer to America's problems, but he's the better person for the job in this election, and certainly not the danger that obama is.

While you mention people voting out of emotion or for reasons without much thought, have you considered how any people support obama simply because they hate bush, blame him for everything, despite a democratic congress that has accomplished nothing, and think they're paying back republicans somehow by voting democratic.

This man right here hit the nail on the head. Thank you. Most of the time the people that do most of the bitching and finger pointing are the ones who have never served in anything, and know nothing about the real world. Go on and vote for Obama, and see what you get. See if we are better off in 2012 than we are right now.....

I still am in shock that this man, Hussein Obama, is the Democratic nominee. His qualifications are extremely limited. The question has been asked time and time again, "Give me specific instances of what Obama has done to further this country during his time in the Senate and in public office". The answer usually is deflected by the liberal news media by pointing fingers at John McCain...the question has never been answered. Why, because he hasn't done anything but talk. He is an excellent orator, he gives great speeches that other people write, and he has his act together when it comes to camouflaging his inexperience with rhetoric. The Dems are experts at bringing up the race card to divert the attention from the real issue: Barak Hussein Obama has no experience, and he is flying by the seat of his pants, and the Democrats and others who will vote for him are being extremely naive. Wake up people, this guy is an imposter!

I still am in shock that this man, Hussein Obama, is the Democratic nominee. His qualifications are extremely limited. The question has been asked time and time again, "Give me specific instances of what Obama has done to further this country during his time in the Senate and in public office". The answer usually is deflected by the liberal news media by pointing fingers at John McCain...the question has never been answered. Why, because he hasn't done anything but talk. He is an excellent orator, he gives great speeches that other people write, and he has his act together when it comes to camouflaging his inexperience with rhetoric. The Dems are experts at bringing up the race card to divert the attention from the real issue: Barak Hussein Obama has no experience, and he is flying by the seat of his pants, and the Democrats and others who will vote for him are being extremely naive. Wake up people, this guy is an imposter!

What I cant believe is that people are still trying to make something out of his middle name being Hussein! Get over it! Whats your middle name, and Ill find some one that did something really bad that shares that name and then criticize you for it!

How about John SIDNEY McCain? Sidney...what a sissy name. Do we really want someone with the name Sidney running our country? The whole world will think we are a bunch of girly men!!

My middle name is Jesus. Hussein Obama is a joke.

Oh crap!! You must be just like the crooked former director of Mexico's anti-drug operations, Gen JESUS Gutierrez Rebollo. He was arrested for receiving bribes from the Juarez drug cartel. You bad man!

Pretty rediculous...right?

Ahhhhhh! more liberal rhetoric!

A LIBERAL is a person that has no problem telling you what to do, but when it comes time for them to do something that you are doing, they can justify it by simply changing or flip flopping their position!

This young man is not a racist and to read something like that into this is to have a world view that looks for racism at every point.

The t-shirts message is that OBAMA is a liberal, (which I might add, he has every right to be one) and a liberal is the best friend of Terrorist.

After all Terrorist want someone in power that will be passive against their efforts, ala Neville Chamberlian who once declared "we have secured peace for our time" after discussions with Hitler.

Ahhhhhh! more liberal rhetoric!

A LIBERAL is a person that has no problem telling you what to do, but when it comes time for them to do something that you are doing, they can justify it by simply changing or flip flopping their position!

This young man is not a racist and to read something like that into this is to have a world view that looks for racism at every point.

The t-shirts message is that OBAMA is a liberal, (which I might add, he has every right to be one) and a liberal is the best friend of Terrorist.

After all Terrorist want someone in power that will be passive against their efforts, ala Neville Chamberlian who once declared "we have secured peace for our time" after discussions with Hitler.

Who was in charge when the largest terrorirst attack in US history occured? Dont think it was a liberal...