Football Scheduling 2009

footballfan08

Anyone know the changes in non-district football scheduling for their schools for next season?

I have heard a few Hogo Conference changes (maybe not finalized yet)...

Patrick Henry is dropping Honaker and Pound to add J.J. Kelly and Bland Co.

Holston lost Castlewood, but picked up Haysi

Chilhowie picked up Grayson Co. for Twin Springs

Wow, nice pickup by Holston in Haysi and pretty good for Patrick Henry picking up two playoff teams from this year. Yes, Chilhowie did drop Pound for Grayson, I really wish they would beef up there schedule some more, it really hurts them in big games and it gets old watching them blowout poor competition all year and then get throttled when they have to play a real team, I hope Grayson is a lot better next year, at least Pound won 3 games this year. Don't know why Chil continues to play Twin Springs, surely they could find another team. I would rather see them play a D1 team from the MED than Twin Springs. It is a long winding trip over the mountain to watch a blowout and the ticket gate can't be great for either team.

humm,that really isn't much of a trade off..i wish we added gw..maybe even giles..that would be intresting..we need to beef up a few dates.i just wish we had chilhowie around the 3 rd game so we could get a game or 2 under our belt..they get us early before we settle down.

i haven't been on here in a while and got a good laugh from this post. are you kidding me? if holston played abingdon it would be a joke. we have 2 county schools that we have to play and thats bad enough. listen we are trying to improve our schedule and don't need any more cupcakes. we tried to pick up pulaski and had to settle for burton-we want to play tough teams, so don't respond on here with single a teams. we are going to step up to another level.

i haven't been on here in a while and got a good laugh from this post. are you kidding me? if holston played abingdon it would be a joke. we have 2 county schools that we have to play and thats bad enough. listen we are trying to improve our schedule and don't need any more cupcakes. we tried to pick up pulaski and had to settle for burton-we want to play tough teams, so don't respond on here with single a teams. we are going to step up to another level.

I don`t believe you would have beaten Holston this year.

We should have never droped you all in the first place! Yeah, you all beat us for a while but it runs is cycles, this year we could have had a good game with you all, and next year will be the same. I think the biggest reason we picked you up is for points. If we would have left you all on the schedule we would have been hosting a playoff game both last year and this year even with a loss to the Blues, instead of traveling! Besides when the new divisions start up we will be playing each other anyway, so why not start again? Lebanon will now have 3 AA teams on their schedule, that should help with playoff seeding!

you guys that think holston would have beaten us this year really have no clue about football. if they could beat us then they might win the swd! we played everyone toe-to-toe in the district this year and should have won some of those games ask the g-man guys there is no way holston beats a-town on any year! well we know for sure holston would have dominated marion this year because we kicked their butt up& down the field. good luck in the playoffs! GO CAVS AND WIN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should have never droped you all in the first place! Yeah, you all beat us for a while but it runs is cycles, this year we could have had a good game with you all, and next year will be the same. I think the biggest reason we picked you up is for points. If we would have left you all on the schedule we would have been hosting a playoff game both last year and this year even with a loss to the Blues, instead of traveling! Besides when the new divisions start up we will be playing each other anyway, so why not start again? Lebanon will now have 3 AA teams on their schedule, that should help with playoff seeding!

Yeah, I think that yall should have kept the Blues on the schedule. It would have been a good game this year and should be a good game next year. By the way, thanks for beating Tazewell.

you guys that think holston would have beaten us this year really have no clue about football. if they could beat us then they might win the swd! we played everyone toe-to-toe in the district this year and should have won some of those games ask the g-man guys there is no way holston beats a-town on any year! well we know for sure holston would have dominated marion this year because we kicked their butt up& down the field. good luck in the playoffs! GO CAVS AND WIN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holston wasn't all that great. 8-2 team but more like a 5-5 or 6-4 team.

Hopefully the Richlands - Lebanon rivalry will rekindle, but nobody can argue that Richlands had some powerhouse teams lately that lebanon wasn't in the same league with, neither was anybody else. Like Shane said, people graduate, things change and it does run in cycles. Lebanon has had cycles that Richlands couldn't do much with Lebanon. I'm glad to see it back, I think it'll be a little closer now.......or at least I hope it will.