Richlands no chance

Canes00

How many predicting doom and gloom have actually seen Brookville play? How many have seen Richlands more than once? Didn't you all learn your lesson last week when you gave Richlands "No chance" against Patrick County. Or how about last year when they had "No chance" against Brookville? Richlands was the underdog in 3 of 4 state semi-games... Yet managed to win 3 of 4. Counting them out is ALWAYS a mistake!

Seen Brookville play, thank you very much.

And I figured Richlands would get this far, they've done well lately.

Unless a minor miracle happens, it ends this week. Brookville is LOADED.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to say it, but it will be close. I've said it since this discussion started about how good brookeville was and I saw them at the beginning of the year, but was not that impressed at all. Richlands has a chance in this one.

Tazewell would have had a better one though. Ha.

Guest nameuser
Hate to say it, but it will be close. I've said it since this discussion started about how good brookeville was and I saw them at the beginning of the year, but was not that impressed at all. Richlands has a chance in this one.

who did you see play Brookville early in the year?

At least Brookville has "TRUE" D-1 prospects on their team...

Guest nameuser
He saw them at Pulaski Co. during scrimmages...you can really tell a lot about a team during scrimmages...:rolleyes:

OK, yeah, the Pulaski scrimmage, just before the Amherst game, Pulaski and Amherst run same offense, Amherst has access to scout/see tape of Brookville/Pulaski scrimmage, I am fairly certain Brookville showed all that day.

I think we've been over this before, but your opinion on what a "TRUE" D-1 prospect is doesn't mean jack shit.

OK, yeah, the Pulaski scrimmage, just before the Amherst game, Pulaski and Amherst run same offense, Amherst has access to scout/see tape of Brookville/Pulaski scrimmage, I am fairly certain Brookville showed all that day.

Yeah I haven't seen em play since then. So I can't say much about it. Just that they didn't impress me in that scrimmage. And as much as G-man HATES to hear it, Richlands has a shot!

Edited by Fighton_3

Brookville big next week 42-14

Brookville is a good team but Richlands will be playing with alot of Heart and that is what it is going to take to win this ball game. The battle will be won on the field and not on paper. The team who wins will win in the fourth quarter

And as much as G-man HATES to hear it, Richlands has a shot!

Actually, unlike the Tazewell fans, I'm pulling for Richlands. But being the realist that I am, I don't think they have much of a chance against Brookville this year....

Didn't have to be at the game yesterday to know that Muncy is not a true D-1 talent...

Curious why you say he's not a true D-1 talent? WF is a true D-1 football program and they want him so... what am I missing?

ghs84,

We know that you are maroon and gold on the outside. But, you are Blue and White on the inside. Come on out of the Flying R closet!!!!

why of course i am at this time of the year.i love it when the SWD shows well.i mean its my duty to pull for the local teams.i am pulling for the blues and who knows miracles do happen.but it will take that to beat this very talented and loaded Brookville team.

Didn't have to be at the game yesterday to know that Muncy is not a true D-1 talent...

Once again, this opinion means nothing. Matt, if you're reading this don't listen to this fool, it's pretty obvious he has no clue what D-1 talent really is. He just a little jealous of the chance that has been presented to you.

Imagine this. Muncy playing at Richlands. Could you imagine him being a more visible Division I (FBS) prospect. No disrespect to the Bulldogs. I did not think Muncy was used properly at all. He should have been either: A. the quarterback; or B. a wide receiver. I watched three Bulldog games this year and Muncy did not impress me in the first two. However, he almost carried his team to a Regional Championship yesterday. His stock blew up in my opinion in the second game against Richlands. Tazewell should have played alot of " go get it" with Muncy. As in throw the ball up in the air and, go get it Muncy. It would have been very diificult to defend with his height, speed and athleticism. Tazewell used multiple receivers, but, not a true spread attack. He would be lethal in a true spread attack. Just my two cents. I will be pulling for him in Deaconville, except against the Hokies. And to answer the topic. He is a Division I (FBS) prospect. Good Luck Matt!

Edited by old_school_blue

Jealousy paints an ugly picture!

Since Wake Forest in a D1 school and they have offered Matt a full ride then that MUST mean he is a D1 prospect!! And by the way WF is doing pretty well this year so they must know how to recruit.

1+1=2 -- Since you went to GHS I thought you might need to know that because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Quite downing a kid that has the chance of a life time!!!!!!

After seeing Muncy play yesterday, I have no problem at all seeing him being a contributor at Wake in a couple of years. I still think with his frame, he's probably looking at being moved to TE after a redshirt year. I think he's got the potential to be a very solid ACC player down the road. It all depends on how hard he works once he gets there.

He saw them at Pulaski Co. during scrimmages...you can really tell a lot about a team during scrimmages...:rolleyes:

I live about 20 minutes away from Brookville and have seen them in action twice (against Liberty and Amherst). The Bees are the genuine article this year.

Of course at this point in the season, all of the teams that are playing are exceptionally good.

Can Richlands beat them? It's definitely possible. That's why they'll play the game.

One just needs to reflect back to last years match up. Brookeville brought a great team to Richlands last year(loaded witn athletes and size) and simply got pasted by a hard hitting defense. Richlands hasn't faced a team this year of Brookeville present caliber, but what you can rely on is that the blues will field a team prepared to execute an offensive strategy that builds on their strengths and a defense that be in your face all day. Richlands has a chance simply by having the oppurtunity. Wish them well.

From what little I know about Brookville, I think they will have the best defense Richlands has seen in a while. I will be surprised though if they have a better offense than Bluefield.

The way things are going on message boards and in the media Richlands would probably be about 50 point underdogs... But don't for a second think it's the first time the "experts" have written The Blues off....

2004: Salem came to Ernie and were expected to humiliate The Blues... Well Salem did win the game, and would go on to win state, but Richlands led going into the 4th quarter. They just ran out of gas and Salem's depth took over. That was the last season Richlands had most of their best players playing both offense and defense.

2005: After a thrilling win over Graham for the Region IV title Richlands faced visiting Liberty-Bedford and their super-star lineman who had already committed to Virginia Tech. Just like 2004, Richlands found themselves as underdogs to yet another powerhouse from the Roanoke Valley... They won this one though and earned their first trip to the state championship in 13 years.

2005: The Blues opponent at Williams Field would be Turner Ashby. Believe it or not Richlands was favored this time. If I remember correctly, most people had expected Liberty-Bedford to win the state championship... So when Richlands knocked them off people took notice. Unfortunately though The Blues were never really in the game and lost by two td's. We all learned a valuable lesson in that game... To save the celebrations until after the game has been played.

2006: 12-0 Richlands went to Hidden Valley as heavy favorites, and they didn't disappoint, winning 42-14 en route to a second consecutive trip to Lynchburg.

2006: Once again The Blues were favored in the state championship. This time against a three loss Rockbridge team. The Blues actually missed a lot of opportunities to blow this game open. Bucky Dent told me at one point in the 2nd quarter that, according to his notes, the score should have been 42-7 at that point. Rockbridge wouldn't go away though and it took a blocked FG and a HUGE interception to seal a 29-28 win. The moral of this story is Richlands, who was predicted to win this game all year (like Brookville this year) barely eked out a 1-point win over a heavy underdog with three losses (like Richlands this year)...

2007: Richlands once again found themselves back in the state-semis, even after heavy losses to graduation. Despite only having two losses by a total of 8 points, they were considered a shell of the 2006 team and given NO CHANCE against a Brookville team that was simply too big, too strong, and too fast. And it was true. They were bigger, stronger and faster than any team Richlands had faced... But I think everyone remembers that once the whistle blew it was the Bees who never had a chance... Final score 24-14.

2007: Richlands made their 3rd straight appearance in the state championship. This time against Monticello. The Mustangs stunned The Blues early and led by four touchdowns at one point. Richalnds started getting it together late and made a dramatic comeback attempt but it wasn't enough and they fell 36-22.

Richlands is 4-3 against the above mentioned teams and all three losses were by two touchdowns.

If you look for a pattern you will see The Blues have played their best when they were given NO CHANCE to win... and played their worst when they were supposed to win.

I think The Blues are right where they want to be right now...

Edited by BigD4VT