Graham Tazewell Richlands Grundy CC and Marion

bigdogfan2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything, I just heard that Richlands has or is getting in trouble for recruiting? Any one have anything on this or was it just a rumor passed on to me..

How does a high school football program recruit players?? This has to be a rumor.

How does a high school football program recruit players?? This has to be a rumor.

Don't say that high school teams don't do it... They have. I was just asking a question that was brought up to me by Richlands resident... So I thought I would check into it....

One of the high schools in GA where I lived for 22 years would get a kids parents an apt (address) and a job at one of the businesses in town to get players in their program. It happened frequently...so yeah, high schools can recruit.

Heard last week the the boys from Big Creek are being adopted by one of their family members in Richlands so they can play football at Richlands. Not sure how true it is but I heard it. Take it for what its worth I guess.

Heard last week the the boys from Big Creek are being adopted by one of their family members in Richlands so they can play football at Richlands. Not sure how true it is but I heard it. Take it for what its worth I guess.

I think right here shows that richlands isn't necassarily recruiting but that kids just want to come and play for richlands because they expect to be good and it gives them the chance to win a state championship... not gonna lie if i lived anywhere near tazewell county i would have done the exact same thing and figured out a way to play for them.

I think right here shows that richlands isn't necassarily recruiting but that kids just want to come and play for richlands because they expect to be good and it gives them the chance to win a state championship... not gonna lie if i lived anywhere near tazewell county i would have done the exact same thing and figured out a way to play for them.

Key is the success year after year. Over the years have wittnessed the same thing at other schools that were having success. Can name several who have moved around for the chance to play for somebody that had something good going.

Recruiting seems to imply that Richlands must be giving out scholarships. Dang, knew they were doing good but didn't know it was that good.

Sounds like somebody must have showed somebody their weight room and somebody is trying to call that recruiting or something like that......

The thing is year after year we hear the same thing, so so is coming hear and so so is going there, and 9 times out of 10 nothing ever happens, and alot of times if it does the hype of that player was blown way out of the water and the skill doesnt meet the expectations.

Actually they quit during the 2nd quarter of the Richlands game...

have to agree on that one.I think Graham has lots of talent just poor in the coaching dept. right now. maybe if that changes Graham can get back to their winning ways.

lot of work to be done at GHS

Salem does it every year...

Christiansburg recruited wrestlers from all over the country before Dresser left for Tech...it happens more than you think.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not trying to start a rumor or anything, I just heard that Richlands has or is getting in trouble for recruiting? Any one have anything on this or was it just a rumor passed on to me..

ive heard they been getting players from like florida and stuff but greg mance should be at the college level coaching especially if he is recruiting he is getting practice for college coaching lol jk

parnell is a little girl who couldnt even start at tazewell shut yo mouth bulldog 52 he sucks

funny that little girl had around 140 yrds in one half vs. pulaski co. Was the leading ground gainer vs. richlands in 06, one of the fastest on the team and works every day.... sounds like kooper is an idiot who dont know what he is talking about. Cody is a great kid who was not only good enough to start, he should have at least gotten to play. i am 100 % a tazewell fan, but i hope Cody runs all over them this coming year and wakes up Wyatt. cant survive on showing favorite to certain players.

funny that little girl had around 140 yrds in one half vs. pulaski co. Was the leading ground gainer vs. richlands in 06, one of the fastest on the team and works every day.... sounds like kooper is an idiot who dont know what he is talking about. Cody is a great kid who was not only good enough to start, he should have at least gotten to play. i am 100 % a tazewell fan, but i hope Cody runs all over them this coming year and wakes up Wyatt. cant survive on showing favorite to certain players.

I agree with ya. Who ever kooper is, sounds like he's jealous to me. Parnell is a pretty good football player who was not given a chance because Wyatt showed favoritism to several kids.

I watched several practices, scrimmages and all the games and certain kids could make a mistake and were taken out of the game almost immediately and other kids could make the same mistakes over and over and nothing was done.

Kids were not given an opertunity to EARN a starting position during practice, positions were GIVEN out instead of EARNED (for the most part).

That's part of the reason Tazewell couldn't beat Richlands, because Wyatt played favoritism instead of talent and the other reason is that Mance is a much better coach.

If this Parnell kid is as good as everyone puts him to be he will be on the field for the Blues. Mance has a great ability for finding what position brings out the best in a player. At Richlands talent plays and not money or popularity.