I pledge allegiance to Obama?

bucfan64

School Pledge of Allegiance to Obama

Published on Feb. 5, 2009, 2:22 PM by lefick

Tags: School Pledge Allegiance Obama

The following article is unverified - but on the off chance its true - those of you with children around the country - check this out:

"My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn't want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8x10 photo of the president. He said, "No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image." I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, "No." This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

"My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn't see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

"What the heck is going on?

"Guys and gals, I need some advise on how to approach this. I can be somewhat hot headed so I need to plan accordingly with what to say to the principal when we go in to inquire about this. I am sure I will be brushed off so what is my next step? Obviously it will be the school district but then who? ACLU, Veteran groups, Christian groups? Who would be interested in this vile activity?

"This is happening in the Clark County School District here in Las Vegas, Henderson area"

- if your kids report the same thing - let us know!!!!

not that I believe it... but I found it:

here -- http://www.redcounty.com/sarasota/2009/01/i-pledge-allegiance-to-obama-o/

here -- http://newsblaze.com/story/20090127224509nnnn.nb/topstory.html

be sure to read this at the bottom of the 2nd link:

"Note: the blogosphere is now saying this is a hoax because the school has not been named or the school district has not confimed it. Instead of seeing this as a situation that was amicably resolved, it is seen as an attack on Obama, which it never was, and an attack on the flag, which it never was. It is not a hoax. "

probably a bunch of KrAzY McCain supporters that won't stop and can't accept that they lost to a better candidate

Edited by total

I cannot 100% clarify this as an absolute truth.

However, the person that posted this article on Restore the Republic has a pretty good history of reporting factual events, whether they benefit Obama, Bush or McCain.

I can assure you that the writer of the story above, is NOT A REPUBLICAN SYMPATHIZER. On the contrary, the folks at Restore the Republic, agree that the problem is both Republicans and Democrats.

"I can assure you that the writer of the story above, is NOT A REPUBLICAN SYMPATHIZER"

you're not talking about me are ya? you're talking about the writer of the story you 1st posted - right? just making sure...

"I can assure you that the writer of the story above, is NOT A REPUBLICAN SYMPATHIZER"

you're not talking about me are ya? you're talking about the writer of the story you 1st posted - right? just making sure...

Yep, the person in the first story posted

This article has everything to do with the Teacher of that class. Students should stand and recite the pledge of allegiance every morning. If the teacher wanted to have a picture or poster of Obama next to the flag so be it. Having the students look at the pic of Obama with the flags instead of the actual flag is crazy.

I call BS on this too.

Obama is working very hard to right some of the wrongs. Give him the opportunity to do that.

Guest JJBrickface

Obama is working very hard to right some of the wrongs. Give him the opportunity to do that.

Yeah and he worked so hard in his first week in office that he had enough information to close Guantonomo bay? I call BS on that.

this post has nothing to do with OUR president and everything to do with the teacher and students.

Obama has a huge challenge ahead of him mainly due to the Republican ran government of the last 8 years.

Give him his time and judge his job then.

this post has nothing to do with OUR president and everything to do with the teacher and students.

Obama has a huge challenge ahead of him mainly due to the Republican ran government of the last 8 years.

Give him his time and judge his job then.

Sure, we had a Republican President but congress has been majority Democrat for some time now. Our government has three branches not just one. Not trying to put you down but let's look at the whole picture.

I understand that we had a Republican in the White House and a Republican dominated cabinet, but my point is that what have the democrats been doing? I know that you guys want to put all the blame for our problems at Bush's feet but that's the easy way out and ignoring the rest of the picture.

Edited by tvp

President Bush's approval rating: 29%

Congressional approval rating (Democratic majority): 14*-23%

*Lowest rating in Gallup Poll history.

Sure, we had a Republican President but congress has been majority Democrat for some time now. Our government has three branches not just one. Not trying to put you down but let's look at the whole picture.

I understand that we had a Republican in the White House and a Republican dominated cabinet, but my point is that what have the democrats been doing? I know that you guys want to put all the blame for our problems at Bush's feet but that's the easy way out and ignoring the rest of the picture.

Congress has only been majority democrat since 2007, Harry Reid was and is currently the majority leader. Before that from 2003-2007 Bill Frist ® from Tennessee was our majority leader. During Bush's Presidency, Trent Lott became the Majority leader the first year.

Only 3 years of his 8 in office were led by a majority of Dems in congress.

Sure there are 3 branches of congress. Bush R, Congress was 5 of 8 years R, and the judicial branch just makes sure that the other two stay within the bounds of the constitution.

I'm not dumping it all on Bush. He was the leader , the head of the executive branch. Noone is taking the easy way out.

All I was attempting to bring up originally in this thread was about the topic posted. Nevertheless, we have huge wholes in our country that need filled ASAP. The economy seems to be the biggest and most in need of saving. We can point fingers all day long, but in the end, we need to do what we can to fix this huge problem. I feel that both sides are trying to reach an agreement. I feel something will be passed early this week. Anyway, I could go into numerous wastes of money under the repub ran gov't for the past few years and I'm sure a few of you could name some things that the dems want to do that you don't agree with, but we need to put those things aside hope for the best.

Bush did hardly anything to make any present day economic problem worse, it's been 3 decades in the making. There was a very thought out letter to the editor in the daily telegraph last week that spelled it out, that basically the U.S. has been been living on credit for almost 3 decades, while in dept at that, and during the bush administration the bills finally showed up.

The bigger problem is the president is about to pass an absolute disaster of an economic bill that will only put the u.s. another trillion $s in dept. A spending bill of 800 some billion $s that who's going to pay for? Tax payers, or that nation's 1 % financial elite?

There's not a lot of point arguing about it at this point because it hasn't yet passed obviously, this week should they reach a conclusion about it.

Bush did hardly anything to make any present day economic problem worse, it's been 3 decades in the making. There was a very thought out letter to the editor in the daily telegraph last week that spelled it out, that basically the U.S. has been been living on credit for almost 3 decades, while in dept at that, and during the bush administration the bills finally showed up.

The bigger problem is the president is about to pass an absolute disaster of an economic bill that will only put the u.s. another trillion $s in dept. A spending bill of 800 some billion $s that who's going to pay for? Tax payers, or that nation's 1 % financial elite?

There's not a lot of point arguing about it at this point because it hasn't yet passed obviously, this week should they reach a conclusion about it.

But the trillions spent in a pointless war is much more sensible.

You might as well save your breath with a response on this one because you have said it all before, and I respect your opinion, but I still refuse to believe the war was necessary.

BTW, it is debt...not dept.

You might as well save your breath with a response on this one because you have said it all before, and I respect your opinion, but I still refuse to believe the war was necessary.

I mentioned in my reply earlier that there were many things we could debate on about money issues and the fact that we have been in Iraq for this long for no reason baffles me.

Don't tell me to tell that to our men and women serving blah blah blah. I have friends and family that have served. I respect them along with many other Americans that "just do their job" everyday. Blue is right the money spent on a pointless war put us over the edge.

The bills just didn't show up while Bush was in office. If our "line of credit" was approaching, he charged and charged on it well over it's limit while in office. No excuse what so ever.

I have written much about it correct, yet you or anyone else has never written anything with any substance to counter it, beyond a hollow I disagree, or 1 liners such as there were no connections to al queda and iraq, ect..,

Or I could simply question if you're either denying that the middle east is vital to U.S. interests, or in ignorance of how vital it really is, beyond simply matter of national defense?

That would go for either of you.

I have written much about it correct, yet you or anyone else has never written anything with any substance to counter it, beyond a hollow I disagree, or 1 liners such as there were no connections to al queda and iraq, ect..,

Or I could simply question if you're either denying that the middle east is vital to U.S. interests, or in ignorance of how vital it really is, beyond simply matter of national defense?

Nope, I just don't have the time nor interest to spell out all of the details as to why I feel a certain way for everyone to read. All the facts are there for people to look at for themselves, if you agree with me then fine, if not then thats great too. I'm no here to try to make people see my way, I was simply stating my opinion....no substance needed. There is no reason to say more than that I disagree, and that I think it is pointless.

It seems that things of substance hold no value unless you agree. Which is cool but doesn't make you right.

The middle east is very vital to many interests, national defense is extremely important especially since we still have not captured Bin Laden.

The point is that Iraq wasn't what our focus should have been on. Sure Huessein was an evil man and needed dethroned. It needed to happen years ago, but it wasn't the time for the U.S. to take that and rebuilding a country on their shoulders. Most of the money spent on rebuilding that place will be wasted when the civil war breaks out to see which group gains control. It's apparent that a peaceful democracy won't work just yet.

We had a full plate searching for Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. We took on a huge project and never finished our "payback" for 9-11.

I don't see either of us arguing anything about not having a pressence in the middle east, Iraq wasn't and still isn't the answer and it's costing us more money every second.

That is for you!

Nope, I just don't have the time nor interest to spell out all of the details as to why I feel a certain way for everyone to read. All the facts are there for people to look at for themselves, if you agree with me then fine, if not then thats great too. I'm no here to try to make people see my way, I was simply stating my opinion....no substance needed. There is no reason to say more than that I disagree, and that I think it is pointless.

So be it, but don't expect any respect for opinions if you aren't willing to back them up.

So be it, but don't expect any respect for opinions if you aren't willing to back them up.

You can respect an opinion w/o having to know why he feels that way. Some of us are just so opinionated that we don't care what people think. We speak our mind and debate it.

He just expressed how he feels and may not be into debating it. No need to disrespect him.

Sometimes in politics we may feel one way or another for personal reasons and those we don't want to talk about to get into a debate over. A lot of the older generation are that way.

"The middle east is very vital to many interests, national defense is extremely important especially since we still have not captured Bin Laden."

It's good you agree with that, exactly what hasn't the military done to this point to capture bin laden? And what exactly would that accomplish?

"The point is that Iraq wasn't what our focus should have been on. Sure Huessein was an evil man and needed dethroned. It needed to happen years ago, but it wasn't the time for the U.S. to take that and rebuilding a country on their shoulders. Most of the money spent on rebuilding that place will be wasted when the civil war breaks out to see which group gains control. It's apparent that a peaceful democracy won't work just yet.

We had a full plate searching for Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda. We took on a huge project and never finished our "payback" for 9-11."

I don't see either of us arguing anything about not having a pressence in the middle east, Iraq wasn't and still isn't the answer and it's costing us more money every second."

It's not about "payback", payback is feel good, but doesn't amount to much, it's about fighting terrorism and prevention.

As for iraq and the middle east, if you used any foresight into the situation you would see that it isn't always about the past, although in matters of national defense iraq was big, what's bigger is that there's a huge power play for the middle east on the horizon, between the u.s., russia, and china, or the u.s. russia/china, with the iran situation in the middle of it.

Exactly at what point should the u.s. be proactive in securing as much of it to our side as possible?