Gate City is the real deal

Guest lookoutmountain

Guest lookoutmountain

It appears Gate City is the real deal and Richlands all of a sudden ain't lookin so bad. I guess I'm sayin...it's pretty clear now that 2 solid football teams played at Ernie Hicks 1 week ago. Or......maybe the Dogs aren't that good? It's hard to say for sure, but Gate City and Bluefield is going to be some kind of a football game. One advantage to Bluefield though....Gate City plays a tough schedule before playing Bluefield and may get banged up a bit.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tazewell is really good...the score doesn't really show it...but they look good....GC is pretty awesome...I think they have a shot at state again this year...they have a lot of speed and the only thing I saw that looked weak was the secondary...they tend to bite up a little early and give up the long ball. 15 and 31 from GC are great...loved watching them play tonight. Tazewell has a good QB, the 3 kid looked pretty good...the 42 kid is fast in the open field...they tried to get the ball outside of the tackles to the 12 kid a few times and he's probably better used inside the tackles...looked pretty slow on the sweeps and was caught from behind a few times, but he is a good size kid that runs hard...so...I'd run him up the middle more than outside...the 3 kid can handle the sweeps just fine I think. Tazewell has a monster TE in that #86 kid and he is a HUGE target...they need to use him more...I don't know who he is but that kid is a BEAST!

I like how Tazewell played tonight...once they got fired up you could feel it on the sidelines...they gave GC all they could handle and didn't give up, but GC was just eating them alive up the middle...and the 15 kid is just fun to watch play...reminded me a lot of Garon Marcum from Grundy.

Guest lookoutmountain

That's gonna be tough buzzsaw. South is ranked in the top 5 in the state and one of the better teams in Tennessee period. Gate City won't win that one..but if that OL can control the clock and get 5 yards per pop on the ground, stranger things have happened.

That's gonna be tough buzzsaw. South is ranked in the top 5 in the state and one of the better teams in Tennessee period. Gate City won't win that one..but if that OL can control the clock and get 5 yards per pop on the ground, stranger things have happened.

I think it will be a great game. There is a big difference between Tennessee football and Virginia football and I think that works in GC's favor. Typically Tennessee teams are more finesse where a lot of Virginia teams are smash mouth. South hasn't played this type of team yet. If GC can tighten up their pass defense it oughta be a great battle. I'm looking forward to it. It is gonna be a huge huge crowd!

Tazewell is really good...the score doesn't really show it...but they look good....GC is pretty awesome...I think they have a shot at state again this year...they have a lot of speed and the only thing I saw that looked weak was the secondary...they tend to bite up a little early and give up the long ball. 15 and 31 from GC are great...loved watching them play tonight. Tazewell has a good QB, the 3 kid looked pretty good...the 42 kid is fast in the open field...they tried to get the ball outside of the tackles to the 12 kid a few times and he's probably better used inside the tackles...looked pretty slow on the sweeps and was caught from behind a few times, but he is a good size kid that runs hard...so...I'd run him up the middle more than outside...the 3 kid can handle the sweeps just fine I think. Tazewell has a monster TE in that #86 kid and he is a HUGE target...they need to use him more...I don't know who he is but that kid is a BEAST!

I like how Tazewell played tonight...once they got fired up you could feel it on the sidelines...they gave GC all they could handle and didn't give up, but GC was just eating them alive up the middle...and the 15 kid is just fun to watch play...reminded me a lot of Garon Marcum from Grundy.

52-27 is not playing well. Tazewell got their tail kicked. I would think the 2nd half score came against GC subs.

52-27 is not playing well. Tazewell got their tail kicked. I would think the 2nd half score came against GC subs.

Were you there? As lance said before the game was closer than the score, and he was there. So I think I'd believe him over someone who wasn't in attendance.

Nothing was against the subs, Gate city's last TD was by #31 with 1 minute remaining and he is definitely not a sub. Gate City is really good but the game changed when the touchdown was called back that would have made it 21-14 heading in to halftime. To add to all this I found the worst fans in southwest VA Gate city had grown men pushing the cheerleaders and women throwing stuff at them. You guys have a great team just some real tools in the stands.

To add to all this I found the worst fans in southwest VA Gate city had grown men pushing the cheerleaders and women throwing stuff at them. You guys have a great team just some real tools in the stands.

Don't think you will get any arguement from Lebanon fans on that one.

The subs came in for a series and half in the 3rd quarter GC was 42 to 7. I thought GC put the breaks on to early but it seemed tazewell still wanted to play. The holding call was clear. The no call blocking in the back was clear and the blocked punt with a ruffing call was just plain bad.

The game was no where near close. Take away the punt return and the kick off return. That was 14 points to make as close as it was. The back up players was in on the punt return when that score was made.

Does anyone know the stats? Tazewell may had 50 yards on the ground, did better passing. Dusty Clark GC QB scored twice while rushing for 224 yards on 14 carries and Joseph Vaughn GC running back tallied four scores as he picked up 197 yards on 19 carries to pace Gate City.

It was real close-----Richlands has stronger offensive than GC with a defense just as good so i would say that game (Tazewell & Richlands) will be even closer maybe 60 to 7.

Were you there? As lance said before the game was closer than the score, and he was there. So I think I'd believe him over someone who wasn't in attendance.

I was there and it was not close at all. The punt return was on subs and so was the kick return, the subs were in on offense for a series and then a couple more plays on another series. Also, defensive sube were in for a series. Score was closer than the game actually was. GC 499 yards to Tazewell 204 yards.

Gate City fans have, BY FAR, the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen. I was at a loss of words during the GW/GC game in 2007.

That could be due to the fact that GW didn't even bother clearing 3 inches of ice off of their away side when GC played GW in the playoffs in the early 2000's. The entire away side was covered with and terribly uncomfortable to sit on while the home side was as clean as could be. I know that because a lot of GC fans went to sit on the homeside because of that poor sportsmanship!

The subs came in for a series and half in the 3rd quarter GC was 42 to 7. I thought GC put the breaks on to early but it seemed tazewell still wanted to play. The holding call was clear. The no call blocking in the back was clear and the blocked punt with a ruffing call was just plain bad.

The game was no where near close. Take away the punt return and the kick off return. That was 14 points to make as close as it was. The back up players was in on the punt return when that score was made.

Does anyone know the stats? Tazewell may had 50 yards on the ground, did better passing. Dusty Clark GC QB scored twice while rushing for 224 yards on 14 carries and Joseph Vaughn GC running back tallied four scores as he picked up 197 yards on 19 carries to pace Gate City.

It was real close-----Richlands has stronger offensive than GC with a defense just as good so i would say that game (Tazewell & Richlands) will be even closer maybe 60 to 7.

I like you broady. By the way, GC's fans were well behaved at Ernie Hicks. They supported their team well. Believe it or not, whoever you may be, if you have what others perceive as too much success. People don't like you. Good Luck for the remainder Blue Devils. SWD, get ready for the Storm, because it is coming.

by this intelligent synopsis I would be led to believe that richlands won that game. 60 to 7 just won't happen. Everybody knows that the richlands tazewell games are usually good ones and I just can't help but to think that coach W is just about tired of being outcoached by coach M.

To add to all this I found the worst fans in southwest VA Gate city had grown men pushing the cheerleaders and women throwing stuff at them. You guys have a great team just some real tools in the stands.

Seriously! I have been to gc taz game @ gc two seperate times and have seen our cheerleaders moved because of disrespectful gc fans.