Graham vs Va. High

Boo77

Okay dude trust me if you played for him you would know what were talking about. He's nothing but a prick in school and like ReTaRD said if you don't play football he don't like you i would know i played under him for 4 years. I got hurt my senior year and on senior day he said he had 4 seniors that stuck it out for 4 years and he mentioned their names but didn't mention mine? In front of the whole team. He made me feel like i didn't even exist and never played on that team.

See the thing that pisses me off about that is played in every game from my freshman year to my senior year, I stuck it out 4 years and I don't even get mentioned as the ones who stuck it out. I can't help it that i got hurt. If you had a neurologist tell you if you get hit the wrong way you could be paralyzed would you play football again? i think not. So shut the hell up you don't know what you are talking about..

He's nothing but a ignorant prick who only thinks about himself. Now thats why nobody wants the play for him.....

If true that's pretty pathetic and low class.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true that's pretty pathetic and low class.
I wouldn't lie to you. You could Ask the 7 seniors that were standing beside me they would tell you the same thing. Probably the lowest i've ever felt Edited by graham32

I wouldn't lie to you. You could Ask the 7 seniors that were standing beside me they would tell you the same thing. Probably the lowest i've ever felt

One thing I know about you for sure, is that you lived and breathed Graham football. It is a shame that an adult should be insensitive to your situation.

I wouldn't lie to you. You could Ask the 7 seniors that were standing beside me they would tell you the same thing. Probably the lowest i've ever felt

I was one of the 7 Seniors and I know for a fact that this happend. I quit before the last 2 games of the season because of Doug, and i had him for english and after i quit i had straight F's in his class and he wouldn't talk to me or look at me. Doug really does pick out his favorites and it's obvious to see that none of the parents really agree with things that he does

One thing I know about you for sure, is that you lived and breathed Graham football. It is a shame that an adult should be insensitive to your situation.
He doesn't care about anyone. Yes i love Graham High School football. and i still do to this day. It's just aggravating to see them this year, knowing those seniors are going through what i went through. Just hate to see it.

don't think so. talked to a buddy of mine and he said they were all out-he teaches there so i feel like he should know. maybe its time to stop blaming the coaches and realize you just aren't that good anymore! you can find other excuses if needed but face the facts guys your talent is just not there right now.

You haven't a clue.....there's plenty of talent at that school. Graham has always been able to compete with single A numbers. they've had single A numbers for 30 years....why would the talent level suddenly drop now??

when graham loses to VA high they will bounce back against Marion the next week cause Marion no matter how good or bad Graham is they cant beat them except a couple years ago in the playoffs.

Marion will beat Graham by at least 3 td's this season. Mark it down.

Does anybody think Doug will be fired or that he will quit after this season?

I'm sure almost everyone on this thread hopes so.

Especially you graham32 lol.

i will tell you like i told every one else.. after his son alex and nephew david..graduate.. bye bye doug simple as that.

I still have a tough time forgetting how ALL the graham folks on here were singing his praises a couple years ago after his first game... when they upset Bluefield... and had that KrAzY play where they lined up for a field goal and then kicked it out of bounds at like the 2. everyone talked about how great he was then, and how he knew his stuff.

personally, I cheer for Graham all but 1 game a year. granted I didn't go to school there and didn't play there and don't live there... but still, I bet he's the same guy that you all were singing the praises about a couple years ago. a coach does not draw up plays to be unsuccessful. if the players execute their assignments, then in theory, the play works. a coach can only call the play, he can't get out there and run 'em.

when you win, everyone is happy... but start losing - and people show their character.

I still have a tough time forgetting how ALL the graham folks on here were singing his praises a couple years ago after his first game... when they upset Bluefield... and had that KrAzY play where they lined up for a field goal and then kicked it out of bounds at like the 2. everyone talked about how great he was then, and how he knew his stuff.

personally, I cheer for Graham all but 1 game a year. granted I didn't go to school there and didn't play there and don't live there... but still, I bet he's the same guy that you all were singing the praises about a couple years ago. a coach does not draw up plays to be unsuccessful. if the players execute their assignments, then in theory, the play works. a coach can only call the play, he can't get out there and run 'em.

when you win, everyone is happy... but start losing - and people show their character.

see after his first couple of wins.. his head got to big. he tried to hard after all that.. now look at him.. :(

I played for Coach, but Coach Marrs was a part of the staff. The guy is what he is, but as players there were several on the staff that were not our favorites, not just him. Overall he does know some football, remember GHS was one of the first to run the spread around here and they incorporated into their system in a few weeks of 2-a-days. While the team lost in the state championship, still pretty heady stuff for the amount of time it took to install. We were also 4-7 in 87 and 3-7 in 88, so there have been bad years before. I will say that our loses were usually close ball games but loses none the less.....if you quit with 2 games, 4 games, or 1 quarter to go the end result is still that you are a quitter and as such you have no standing with the Graham program. Look at the pictures in the weight room......only shadows for the quitters!

I played for Coach, but Coach Marrs was a part of the staff. The guy is what he is, but as players there were several on the staff that were not our favorites, not just him. Overall he does know some football, remember GHS was one of the first to run the spread around here and they incorporated into their system in a few weeks of 2-a-days. While the team lost in the state championship, still pretty heady stuff for the amount of time it took to install. We were also 4-7 in 87 and 3-7 in 88, so there have been bad years before. I will say that our loses were usually close ball games but loses none the less.....if you quit with 2 games, 4 games, or 1 quarter to go the end result is still that you are a quitter and as such you have no standing with the Graham program. Look at the pictures in the weight room......only shadows for the quitters!

Coach Carlock's teams NEVER gave up 40+ points in four straight games either...as a matter of fact, his teams only gave up 40+ points SEVEN times during his tenure. Graham has given up 40+ SEVEN times in the last three years including 50+ points...twice...something that NEVER happened under Coach Carlock. Those teams in '87 and '88 were at least competitive...'87 team lost to games by less than 4 points and the '88 team never gave up more than 25 points in a game (and they won that game 28-25 in OT).

That was still a Coach Carlock team. It took a couple years before it was really Marrs' team.