Final Sermon - I'm gone

preacher

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey stay off the abingdon guys everybody knows most of abingdon is from grundy anyway.LOL i bet every one of the abingdon people on here are the same ones at the friends of buchanan co. meeting every month. Just ask them where the coleman kid was from ;)

there are a few Grundy ties in Abingdon but not that many!

I would like to announce my departure from this board. A spiritual fast to cleanse my mind of the negativity shown to me and my falcons. Why? I’m tired of the false impressions made every week about my Abingdon by the majority on this board. We are a recognized historic landmark by the Common Wealth of Va! Abingdon is the birth place of America’s first – 1st Lady: Martha Washington. I’m proud of the falcon tradition of excellence – academically and athletically. Despite the false information on another thread, lets clear something up:

1st – I said we are competitive in softball not dominate! Learn to READ!

2nd – Crosscountry and Track are a sport – there is no other sport that measure athletic will more than those two. And WE DOMINATE IN THOSE!!

3rd – Despite what you think, our kids are just as hard nosed as anyone else (can take some yelling too), but does yelling and being loud make you a good coach?? I don’t think so, if that was true than Kanye West would be a good coach.

4th – We are not a party town, a historic town. Every school has their issues with kids partying – Richlands is a good example. (We are not the only ones!!)

5th – I’m proud to be part of the Falcon Nation and what it stands for – great academics = great athletics.

Finally, I will not miss the whinning of the Candy Canes, the insults and lack of even minimal etiquette shown to any falcon fan when they mention Abingdon.

Ps: When, not if, my falcons become the dominate force in Football in this district, I will end my intellectual fast and return to this board to talk sports.

Goodbye and God Bless

Grundy made Abingdon everything it is today...

I would like to announce my departure from this board. A spiritual fast to cleanse my mind of the negativity shown to me and my falcons. Why? I’m tired of the false impressions made every week about my Abingdon by the majority on this board. We are a recognized historic landmark by the Common Wealth of Va! Abingdon is the birth place of America’s first – 1st Lady: Martha Washington. I’m proud of the falcon tradition of excellence – academically and athletically. Despite the false information on another thread, lets clear something up:

2nd – Crosscountry and Track are a sport – there is no other sport that measure athletic will more than those two. And WE DOMINATE IN THOSE!!

3rd – Despite what you think, our kids are just as hard nosed as anyone else (can take some yelling too), but does yelling and being loud make you a good coach?? I don’t think so, if that was true than Kanye West would be a good coach.

4th – We are not a party town, a historic town. Every school has their issues with kids partying – Richlands is a good example. (We are not the only ones!!)

5th – I’m proud to be part of the Falcon Nation and what it stands for – great academics = great athletics.

Finally, I will not miss the whinning of the Candy Canes, the insults and lack of even minimal etiquette shown to any falcon fan when they mention Abingdon.

Ps: When, not if, my falcons become the dominate force in Football in this district, I will end my intellectual fast and return to this board to talk sports.

Goodbye and God Bless

Dude: Goodbye and God Bless you - however, history lesson - just because the Martha Washington Inn is in Abingdon doesn't mean she was born there! She wasn't. Do some research on history. She was born in 1731. Abingdon wasn't even settled then. I work in Abingdon. I love Abingdon and think its a great town - but there are so many of you that make it hard for the rest of us to defend everything that's thrown up against this town.

Preacher, I haven't lost faith in them Falcons. I have a funny feeling they are going to beat Tazewell.

The more i think about it Mr B i am getting that same feeling if the falcons can keep the ball away from tazewells punt team I like there chances.

there are a few Grundy ties in Abingdon but not that many!

There are a lot. 2 years ago 7 kids on their JV basketball team were originally from Buchanan Co. But in regards to football only, the Coleman brothers (Grundy) and Hess (Grundy) would be enough to take out and make them crumble...

You must be loaded haha there's some rich people over there. My dad lives off exit 97 on 59.

Haha! No, not I! I lived in Treetop apartments there...worked in retail management at the Riverchase Galleria. I'm not sure where exit 97 is off of 59...is it going toward Tuscaloosa?

Haha! No, not I! I lived in Treetop apartments there...worked in retail management at the Riverchase Galleria. I'm not sure where exit 97 is off of 59...is it going toward Tuscaloosa?

That's actually where I was was th galleria. Real big mall. And yeah its going towards tuscaloosa. Its 9 miles south once you get off 459 and 24 miles from tuscaloosa.

That's actually where I was was th galleria. Real big mall. And yeah its going towards tuscaloosa. Its 9 miles south once you get off 459 and 24 miles from tuscaloosa.
I have family that lives out that way...an area near McCalla called Million Dollar Lakes. Nice area.

I have family that lives out that way...an area near McCalla called Million Dollar Lakes. Nice area.

It really is. There's a back road that takes you from there to my dads house in less than 5 mins.

Goodbye and God Bless

I would like to say -- thank you for your departure -- you will not be missed -- even the Abingdon fans are glad you have decided to cleanse yourself --

I only respond because I am sure that you can't stop reading -- you may stop posting for a few days.

To begin with I read quite well - and you made a list of sports which Abingdon dominates and Softball was on the list -- you admitted that you had made a mistake and stated in this last post that Abingdon is competitive in softball not dominant

Additionally, I think that Abingdon's wrestling team is one of the strongest is the SWD -- they have athletes each year that can compete with Grundy -- and yes I do measure wrestling success with Grundy and you didn't put wrestling on your list. I personally think that wrestling is a true measure of strength, endurance, and intelligence -- I love to watch it and feel that you shorted your own Falcon Wrestlers!

As for your remark about Abingdon being Martha Washington's birth place -- all I can say is Wow what a stupid comment to make when you are trying to make a point -- to begin with it has nothing to do with football or any other sport, but most importantly -- It was VERY WRONG -- maybe you should read a little more and find out this simple fact?!?

always an excuse. we played hard-so what? we played hard against burton too.

Abingdon did hang with burton most of the game, so was the field getting slippery at the end? Did that cost abingdon to lose that game too?

Abingdon did hang with burton most of the game, so was the field getting slippery at the end? Did that cost abingdon to lose that game too?

no...Burton kept putting the ball on the ground! They got a couple of them back but it cost them the down and field position...if Abingdon had taken advantage of what they were handed they might have actually won that game...but they didn't and it really wasn't that close...Burton seemed to be in control all night.

I heard they are watering down the field this week though...so Tazewell better borrow the "special" cleats from the Richlands crew!

no...Burton kept putting the ball on the ground! They got a couple of them back but it cost them the down and field position...if Abingdon had taken advantage of what they were handed they might have actually won that game...but they didn't and it really wasn't that close...Burton seemed to be in control all night.

I heard they are watering down the field this week though...so Tazewell better borrow the "special" cleats from the Richlands crew!

lance-richlands has been notorious for watering fields down. we want a dry field this week so we can use our speed advantage and throw the football. i had no idea preacher was going to make so many people unhappy with his post. i really don't follow wrestling and had no idea we were as good as grundy in wrestling. i might have to give up the wwe & tna and get out to a few matches this year. WHOOO!

lance-richlands has been notorious for watering fields down. we want a dry field this week so we can use our speed advantage and throw the football. i had no idea preacher was going to make so many people unhappy with his post. i really don't follow wrestling and had no idea we were as good as grundy in wrestling. i might have to give up the wwe & tna and get out to a few matches this year. WHOOO!

The field was wet last week because of and i know this is going to be hard for you to understand but RAIN you know that stuff that falls out of the sky and makes everything wet or do you all not have that in abingdon. Richlands threw that ball all over you last week so it must not have been that big of a deal.