score updates

VHSLhelper

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Gmen. Lets hope they keep it rolling the rest of the season. As a Graham fan, I have read it all about what is wrong with them on this board this season. Whatever the problems there have been, I'm glad they got their first win. Most of these players have been starting since they were sophomores. I would hope that they still have some pride. Maybe they came to life tonite. If they have, look out Bulldogs next week. I think.....

Congrats to the Gmen. Lets hope they keep it rolling the rest of the season. As a Graham fan, I have read it all about what is wrong with them on this board this season. Whatever the problems there have been, I'm glad they got their first win. Most of these players have been starting since they were sophomores. I would hope that they still have some pride. Maybe they came to life tonite. If they have, look out Bulldogs next week. I think.....

I think the same thing, since the TC School have been having the staff development day (kids have no school) I don't think Tazewell has won a ball game on that day since they have started doing that!

Marion did lose and I am not making any excuses here I am just wondering what kind of team the blues would have if they did not have the johnson boys. If you catch my drift

What difference does it make ? They're on the team ! Some people act like Richlands has never won before they got here. We're good with them, and we were good before them, and we will probably be good after them. But that will be a few years down the road since there are 3 underclassmen of Johnson's, and glad to have them !

I guess we were suppose to to turn them down and not have them on the team, and I guess if they wanted to transfer to Marion, you would have turned them down and not let them play on your football team.

Without them we would be a different type of team, but still pretty good.

Don't mean to be touchy about it, it just seems like every week after we beat a team something like that is said. It would be one thing if we had never won anything before, but we have been dominate over the last 6 or so years. That's why some young men want to play for the blues !

Between the support of the fans & the facilities and the great coaching why wouldn't they want to play here, and why shouldn't they ?

Marion did lose and I am not making any excuses here I am just wondering what kind of team the blues would have if they did not have the johnson boys. If you catch my drift

I catch your "drift". Probably not as good. Does that help? Some of you guys need to get over this Johnson fettish...it's excuse making at its finest. The boys play for Richlands, they are good, and they have helped the team tremendously. If they weren't at Richlands, the Blues would be a different team. But they are there, so get over it and quit crying.

Marion is a good team...the players there don't make excuses, but obviously some of their fans do. Marion had two missed passes that could have totally turned this game around, and unfortunately for them they didn't execute. The Blues made a ton of mistakes, but Marion didn't capitalize on them. That wasn't the fault of the Johnson boys. The Big Creek connection makes Richlands a better team. We all see that. Get over it. They're not going anywhere...except probably to the State Championship game.

I catch your "drift". Probably not as good. Does that help? Some of you guys need to get over this Johnson fettish...it's excuse making at its finest. The boys play for Richlands, they are good, and they have helped the team tremendously. If they weren't at Richlands, the Blues would be a different team. But they are there, so get over it and quit crying.

Marion is a good team...the players there don't make excuses, but obviously some of their fans do. Marion had two missed passes that could have totally turned this game around, and unfortunately for them they didn't execute. The Blues made a ton of mistakes, but Marion didn't capitalize on them. That wasn't the fault of the Johnson boys. The Big Creek connection makes Richlands a better team. We all see that. Get over it. They're not going anywhere...except probably to the State Championship game.

Let me add just a little to that. They live in Richlands so they are from Richlands...

Though there isn't much "learning" to be done from a 68-0 win, what I was most impressed with was the return of the flexbone offense for Bluefield. In 2007, I saw that scheme run to perfection with Will Cole at the helm, Shaun Brooks and Marcus Patterson at running back, and Jake Lilly and Aaron Bowes at fullback. Last night, seeing Jake take the reigns with Marcus, Brad Fox, Alex Morris, Tre Williams and Byron Steptoe all getting the ball out of the backfield, it seems the OC has found something to use other than the four or five plays in previous weeks.

Here you take someone's words and turn them into what you want them to be... IMO with the question of what the team would be like without the Johnson's boy is giving them boys their dues... Because with out them Richlands would be just the like the other SWD teams this year and that would be a hit and miss team... I seen nothing in his post stating he was crying, so you need to get over your self... So you are sending them to state now?

IMO with the question of what the team would be like without the Johnson's boy is giving them boys their dues... Because with out them Richlands would be just the like the other SWD teams this year and that would be a hit and miss team...

They still have Coach Mance and that gives them an advantage over SWD teams..

Here you take someone's words and turn them into what you want them to be... IMO with the question of what the team would be like without the Johnson's boy is giving them boys their dues... Because with out them Richlands would be just the like the other SWD teams this year and that would be a hit and miss team... I seen nothing in his post stating he was crying, so you need to get over your self... So you are sending them to state now?

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree there Bulldog.