Tough loss for Richlands tonight, but........

CPF

I would just like to say congratulations to Richlands High School and their fans for a great run. Four Region IV Division 3 titles in a row is one hell of an accomplishment, especially considering you guys won the Division 4 title in addition to those. Five region titles in a row, and even though I don't like you guys much I must admit that it has been an honor to have watched it. Best of luck next year, unless you are playing Graham.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bout time them cocky faggots got what they derserve...and benching the star qb and lettin the back up throw away the game???what made that happen all i can say is..goodjob!

Pretty sure your probably a teenage wannabe. And the QB got hurt is the reason he was out. To bad you will never know the success that these young men have enjoyed over this period of time. You need to go back to where you came from and keep your trap closed.

A truly great game. Cave made the big play of the game, when they converted the 3rd and 12 from their own 40 with 4 minutes to play. Austin Johnson was by far the best athlete on the field, and several of the folks I was sitting with agreed that he's probably the most explosive player to ever suit up for Richlands. The Blues should be hell on wheels next year.

Edited by parsons

The better team won tonight. The bright side out of all of this is next year all but 5 will be back. That 3rd and 12 was huge but you have to give Cave Spring credit they controlled the clock the whole game. The QB for them is a stud and he is just a Jr. The RB Wright is just a Soph. So you could very well see these two teams clash again next year. Congrats on a great season for a very young team.

Austin Johnson ... probably the most gifted to ever suit up for Richlands.

I'm curious to see how many agree with that here.

I agree though on the outlook for next year. Forecast calls for F5 on the Fujita Scale. Lose few and the returning players have great experience. I don't think you'll see early tentativeness like we saw at Gate City this year. Would like to see more muscle, toe-to-toe lineman, three-point stance, and a center-snap inside the 5-yard line when necessary.

I re-worded my post regarding Austin Johnson and still didn't get it right. What was actually stated, and agreed upon by all the guys in my group, was something like, "we ain't never had a guy as fast or elusive as him. He's a freakin Percy Harvin."

I re-worded my post regarding Austin Johnson and still didn't get it right. What was actually stated, and agreed upon by all the guys in my group, was something like, "we ain't never had a guy as fast or elusive as him. He's a freakin Percy Harvin."

I can honestly say that the fastest, most elusive player I have ever seen at Ernie Hicks Stadium was Thomas Jones.

Without question. Unequivocally.

The QB didn't do it by himself, most of the time he was never touched until he was 30 yards down the field. They are a complete team and know how to excute. Yes Austin was the most natural athlete on the field.

I beg to differ, the QB for Cave Springs kicked ur asses all night, over 220 yards rushing and over a 100 yards passing.....

Did he have that many yards or is that a team stat? Either way, he was the difference. I heard he hadn't ran much all year. It was a good game plan for Cave Spring.

Richlands had a good year! Another 10-win season and another SWD title. They'll be back strong next year with 20 returning starters, and something like 8 seniors on defense.

Good luck to Cody Johnson, Cody Lee, Cody Parnell, Rusty Miller, and Kevin Delp!

Edited by BigD4VT

Posted a few shots on my Facebook. I'll have to wait until I get home to get started on the rest (still in Roanoke). Bogle had the best lighting I've shot under but I was too caught up in the game to take advantage of it. I need to stop being a fan.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000020932858

I can honestly say that the fastest, most elusive player I have ever seen at Ernie Hicks Stadium was Thomas Jones.

Without question. Unequivocally.

Ok. Why you felt the need to post this, I have no idea. I don't recall Thomas Jones playing for the Blues.

Did he have that many yards or is that a team stat? Either way, he was the difference. I heard he hadn't ran much all year. It was a good game plan for Cave Spring.

Richlands had a good year! Another 10-win season and another SWD title. They'll be back strong next year with 20 returning starters, and something like 8 seniors on defense.

Good luck to Cody Johnson, Cody Lee, Cody Parnell, Rusty Hess, and Kevin Delp!

That was his stats....