Official 2010 Atlanta Braves thread

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Jordan Schaefer homer in his first career at-bat last year as well?

Yes he did. Against the Phillies, I remember watching that game at school last year.

But If im not mistaken, he had a wrist injury and didnt tell anybody. I believe that was it.

Yes he did. Against the Phillies, I remember watching that game at school last year.

But If im not mistaken, he had a wrist injury and didnt tell anybody. I believe that was it.

Yep, that's exactly it. He hurt it in that series if I'm not mistaken. Ended up having surgery on his wrist and is still recovering from that.

I wasn't a big fan of the Wagner signing because he's on the downward side of his career. Atlanta needs a long-term fix at closer. If Wagner starts blowing saves like the one last night then Atlanta threw away millions they could have spent on a younger guy with more long-term potential. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Wagner finishing the season in Atlanta.

I wasn't a big fan of the Wagner signing because he's on the downward side of his career. Atlanta needs a long-term fix at closer. If Wagner starts blowing saves like the one last night then Atlanta threw away millions they could have spent on a younger guy with more long-term potential. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see Wagner finishing the season in Atlanta.

Wagner will be alright. And, just like always in the Braves system, he's holding the spot until a kid named Jonny Venters is ready to step in. But all in all, I think the Wagner signing will be a success. I sure hope so, anyway.

Wagner will be alright. And, just like always in the Braves system, he's holding the spot until a kid named Jonny Venters is ready to step in. But all in all, I think the Wagner signing will be a success. I sure hope so, anyway.

I'm tired of Atlanta's "holding a spot" and poor patch jobs approach. They have a really good team this year and are a solid, consistent closer from being even better in my opinion. I hope last night was just a bump in the road and not a sign of things to come with Wagner. There's no better time than now to win with Cox retiring and Chipper's career winding down.

The Braves still don't have a power bat yet that will consistently keep them in ball games, IMO. It won't matter how good or bad the pitching is if they can't put up any runs.

Including Heyward's HR in his first at bat, he's 3-17, or batting .176. And unless I've missed it, Glaus hasn't hit anything other than a single. He's got a respectable average but he has 1 RBI. I know these guys have played a total for 4 games in a Braves uniform and they need time to get acclimated, but whether they want it or not, the pressure for success is almost solely on them. Outside of them, there is an old Chipper Jones along with very streaky Brian McCann and Yunel Escobar. I'd honestly say that Martin Prado is the Braves' biggest offensive threat at this time, dating back to last season. I know it's early and it takes a couple months to get in the full swing of things in the MLB, but if the bats don't show this season then we might as well kiss any chances at the Pennant goodbye.

Like last year, Jurrjens, Hanson, Lowe, Hudson and Co. pitched TONS of gems throughout the season, but suffered a loss because the lack of offense. If things don't change this season then look for some of the pitchers looking to play elsewhere.

Bob Wickman, enough said.

That guy was the worst closer i've ever seen in my entire life

wickman.jpg

Bob Wickman, enough said.

That guy was the worst closer i've ever seen in my entire life

wickman.jpg

Exactly my point. The Braves haven't had a solid, consistent reliever since before John Rocker went crazy. They've wasted millions on washed-up, past their prime closers.

He's 3-3 with a HR and two RBI so far tonight which brings his BA back up to .300.

Great! I wasn't doubting the kid's talent, and of course, as a Braves fan wish him nothing but the best.

Just worried that he can still produce with all of the pressure on him. He's a bright star, but asking too much of him early on could end up hurting him in the long run.

McLouth has been pure crap this season so far. Spring Training too

McLouth brought in speed, that's about it.

I didn't like losing Morton to the Pirates but I was excited about an overall trade (only because it showed signs of life within the Braves organization). They saw a problem in center field that they had to fix, and they attacked it to their best ability.

If last year, and this season so far, is any indication of how McLouth's tenure will be in Atlanta, then I'm sure we'll see Jordan Schafer back in the lineup when he's healthy.

I'm not sure what everyone expects from McClouth, but he's a guy with above average speed, above average power, and a sub par batting average. That's what he was when the Braves traded for him and that's what he is now. He's off to a bad start this year but he's also playing hurt and has been since spring training. And of course, hurt or not, you really can't judge a player based on his performance after one week. Maybe you can in other sports, but not baseball. It's a streaky game.

How about that no-no thrown by Ubaldo...the first ever for the Rockies' franchise...

These are the same old Braves of the last four years...will finish middle to bottom of the pack in the NL East for the fifth straight season...

How about that no-no thrown by Ubaldo...the first ever for the Rockies' franchise...

These are the same old Braves of the last four years...will finish middle to bottom of the pack in the NL East for the fifth straight season...

Yeah, we got no hit. But we won the series. I'll take it.