Our new McDonald's in Lebanon is opening tomorrow!!!

Our newly, rebuilt McDonald's in Lebanon is reopening tomorrow morning (5/20) at 5 AM. This is by far the nicest McDonald's restaurant I've ever been in...and I've been in quite a few! LOL Seriously, if you didn't know it was an McD, you wouldn't recognize it...

my neck of the woods, I will have to check it out. was by a week ago or so and it sure didnt look like a MCD's!!!

Wait until you see the inside...:eek:...

I drove by it last week on my way home from Bristol, I was hoping it was open so I could grab a frappe (those things are addictive), but it wasn't. Looked incredible from the outside. The fountain out front was a nice touch.

Was in one in TN somewhere that had big screen tv's and was really nice. Will the Leb McD's have the big tv's?

Three of them and a fireplace...

Not even close to "retro"...

Oops, wrong choice of words....there are some retro McD's ( re: as in "Happy Days") but the new design is not that.

My "foggy brain" couldn't recall the words I really wanted to use. However, IMO, the new exterior with the "clean linear design of the buildings featuring stone and the simple curving yellow bars on the roof" invoke for me a Frank Lloyd Wright "type" of design from the past. I really like this look. (In fact, had a new front door installed on my house the "prairie" style, simple lines, originally introduced by FLW.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0516-confidential-mcdonalds--20100516,0,7319343.column

The most memorable McD's I've been in.....the one in NYC on Broadway with a baby grand piano and musician located in the balcony entertaining the folks.

Edited by trublue

Oops, wrong choice of words....there are some retro McD's ( re: as in "Happy Days") but the new design is not that.

My "foggy brain" couldn't recall the words I really wanted to use. However, IMO, the new exterior design of the "clean linear lines of the buildings featuring stone and the simple curving yellow bars on the roof" invoke for me a Frank Lloyd Wright "type" of design from the past. I really like this look. (In fact, had a new front door installed on my house the "prairie" style, simple lines, originally introduced by FLW.)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0516-confidential-mcdonalds--20100516,0,7319343.column

The most memorable McD's I've been in.....the one in NYC on Broadway with a baby grand piano and musician located in the balcony entertaining the folks.

The building looks very much like that one except we've got a "picnic area" in front with a stone wall surrounding it...also have a "water fall" feature up next to the road where the sign is. The inside looks nothing like the old McD's...even the bathrooms and bathroom doors are "upscale"...

53762499.jpg

The building looks very much like that one except we've got a "picnic area" in front with a stone wall surrounding it...also have a "water fall" feature up next to the road where the sign is. The inside looks nothing like the old McD's...even the bathrooms and bathroom doors are "upscale"...

53762499.jpg

The new ones in Fairlawn and Christiansburg are like this as well now. Both reopened in the last twelve months.

So GMan, when does Bluefield VA get the new look?

10-12 years...McD likes to rebuild them when they get to be 25-30 years old...Bluefield, VA opened in '92, I think. The old Lebanon McD was 29 years old and beyond repair.