• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his...well you know

give it a week or two and tazewell will have a coach

They can't afford to wait a week or two, it will be time for two-a-days

Alongside Graham and Tazewell...

I agree for once with the G-guy. The district will be really down this year and that is why I think we can finish 2nd. I played for a coach who always said "Rome was not built in a day" and that is what is going on with the Falcons. We keep climbing the ladder every year and getting better soon we will lay claims to something special. :cool:

I agree for once with the G-guy. The district will be really down this year and that is why I think we can finish 2nd. I played for a coach who always said "Rome was not built in a day" and that is what is going on with the Falcons. We keep climbing the ladder every year and getting better soon we will lay claims to something special. :cool:

The Falcons couldn't finish second in a game of checkers. I just detected a bit of irony. Your username is "southbound" and you are a Abingdon Falcon. Coincidence, I think not.

Well hell things just got worse for Tazewell, he sucked at VA High!

Have to agree with you there. He was run out of town in Bristol. I heard that Travis Turner (son of Tom Turner of Appalachia) was interested in the job. But, Tazewell wouldn't hire him as a teacher. Would have been a good hire for T-Town.

I wish you guys good luck 52. I hope he does a good job if for no other reason than for the kids. We've had some great games in the past and hope for some more in the future. Now don't get me wrong, I still hope we win the game....LOL

I've been through a coaching change when I played and it's a bi_ch having to learn your new coaches and a new system, and it can be really hard on the Jr's & Sr's. I think having a strong Tazewell & Graham along with the other SWD teams is good for all.

I wish you guys good luck 52. I hope he does a good job if for no other reason than for the kids. We've had some great games in the past and hope for some more in the future. Now don't get me wrong, I still hope we win the game....LOL

I've been through a coaching change when I played and it's a bi_ch having to learn your new coaches and a new system, and it can be really hard on the Jr's & Sr's. I think having a strong Tazewell & Graham along with the other SWD teams is good for all.

Im just a fan these days, haven't played in many years, but my senior year we had a coaching change, and things repeated from the previous year!

Our failure to be optimistic can be the very cause of our failure to succeed. Just as positive thought breeds positive results. Negative thought breeds negative.

Our failure to be optimistic can be the very cause of our failure to succeed. Just as positive thought breeds positive results. Negative thought breeds negative.

Amen. I don't know what happened in Bristol, and it should not matter. Lets give the guy a chance.

Guest cj_vt

This is what is wrong with Tazewell Football. Negative postings like this as well as around the community are running this program into the ground. A new coach should bring excitement and a fresh start for everyone. Instead, the man is getting bashed by a Bulldog fan before he ever arrives. If we eliminate remarks and attitudes such as this we may be able to rebuild a program. Several kids are on this site and remarks like this will make it hard for a new man in town. If kids only hear how bad a coach sucks then how much effort are they going to put forth. There are several kids undecided if they will even play at all this year. These are talented kids that would help this football team but I am sure the negativity could help them make up their mind.

According to today's paper his resume looked pretty impressive. If he sucked at V-High then how did he win the district 3 out of 5 years. The man played at VT and was a graduate assistant at UVA and VT. I would imagine during those years he acquired a vast amount of football knowledge. He took over as OC for Lebanon after they played Tazewell this past year. During that time he put up a ton of points against Richlands and beat Gate City in the playoffs. Sounds pretty good to me.

If we are going to turn it around at Tazewell it will take an overall effort from the coaches, players and the community. That means eliminating posting garbage like this on a website. If you are a true fan then show some support and maybe that positive attitude will rub off on some of these kids.

Edited by cj_vt

I give him 3 years max before he is run out of town...wouldn't be a shock if it was a one year hitch since they didn't really have much time to search for a coach before 2-a-days start.