Richlands @ Gate City..........8 days!!

Nadoball

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 point win...14 point win???? Did Richlands bring in a top ranked recruiting class or did Gate City not land any 5 star players from Kingsport this year??.......Just a joke guys, just a joke, lol. I know both teams hear enough of that stuff.

But my point is...Gate City defeated Richlands last year....Gate City is pretty much the exact same team, only bigger, faster, and stronger...... I can see Richlands winning a close one, or Gate City winning a close one....but how can you sit here and say Richlands by 2 or 3 touchdowns? Richlands is a year improved, but so are the blue devils. I'm taking Gate City by the score of 14-13 in about 3 ft. of mud at legion field.

21 point win...14 point win???? Did Richlands bring in a top ranked recruiting class or did Gate City not land any 5 star players from Kingsport this year??.......Just a joke guys, just a joke, lol. I know both teams hear enough of that stuff.

But my point is...Gate City defeated Richlands last year....Gate City is pretty much the exact same team, only bigger, faster, and stronger...... I can see Richlands winning a close one, or Gate City winning a close one....but how can you sit here and say Richlands by 2 or 3 touchdowns? Richlands is a year improved, but so are the blue devils. I'm taking Gate City by the score of 14-13 in about 3 ft. of mud at legion field.

Man I hope no mud.:D

As a Richlands fan, of course I am supporting the Blues, but have the utmost respect for Gate City. That being said, my prediction would be based on the entire body of work for the season, rather than game 1 last year as to who was better at the end. I am totally ignorant of Gate City's improvement from last year to this year; however, I believe at the end of 2009 Richlands was the better team and had a longer way to come with the team jelling from the beginning of the season. My basis concerns the Blue Devils losing to a Lebanon team that Richlands beat by two touchdowns weeks earlier. I believe the coaching staff at Richlands has done an admirable job learning what works and is working with virtually the same team although much improved as evidenced by the growth of Devon Johnson from 185 in 2009 to 205-210 range in 2010 plus using him on the defensive side of the ball. I believe Richlands to be the more talented team, as last year although they had to learn how to use the new talent last year. My prediction-Richlands 21-Gate City 14 in a hard-fought game.

Man I hope no mud.:D

I hate to bring bad news....but you'll not be able to identify jersey numbers after the first 2 or 3 snaps. If it stopped raining right now, I don't believe they'd get the field in good shape......and It looks like it's going to rain all day/night.

As a Richlands fan, of course I am supporting the Blues, but have the utmost respect for Gate City. That being said, my prediction would be based on the entire body of work for the season, rather than game 1 last year as to who was better at the end. I am totally ignorant of Gate City's improvement from last year to this year; however, I believe at the end of 2009 Richlands was the better team and had a longer way to come with the team jelling from the beginning of the season. My basis concerns the Blue Devils losing to a Lebanon team that Richlands beat by two touchdowns weeks earlier. I believe the coaching staff at Richlands has done an admirable job learning what works and is working with virtually the same team although much improved as evidenced by the growth of Devon Johnson from 185 in 2009 to 205-210 range in 2010 plus using him on the defensive side of the ball. I believe Richlands to be the more talented team, as last year although they had to learn how to use the new talent last year. My prediction-Richlands 21-Gate City 14 in a hard-fought game.

Don't know about you guys but would love to see this game played in the middle of the year or at the end.

I could see a 7 point game......just not the 14-21 point game. I also believe that Richlands would pull it out on a dry field since they have more speed IMO , however this game will be played with poor field conditions which I feel plays right into Gate City's hands. It'll be hard to stop that power running game in the mud.

It could go either way, and has all the makings to be the game of the year in SWVA.

I hate to bring bad news....but you'll not be able to identify jersey numbers after the first 2 or 3 snaps. If it stopped raining right now, I don't believe they'd get the field in good shape......and It looks like it's going to rain all day/night.

LOL if it stopped raining now they would have the sprinklers going from now till game time :)

I could see a 7 point game......just not the 14-21 point game. I also believe that Richlands would pull it out on a dry field since they have more speed IMO , however this game will be played with poor field conditions which I feel plays right into Gate City's hands. It'll be hard to stop that power running game in the mud.

It could go either way, and has all the makings to be the game of the year in SWVA.

40% chance of rain in Gate City next Friday but partly cloudy Monday to Thursday. Unless it rains Friday the field should be dry.

40% chance of rain in Gate City next Friday but partly cloudy Monday to Thursday. Unless it rains Friday the field should be dry.

100% chance the weather forecasters don't have a clue what the weather will be next Friday...:D...at this point its just a WAG...

You cant count that Lebanon game against Gate City. That has become a very heated rivalry.

Will be a close game--GC won the game last year running the ball, churning out 2 or 3 yds per carry. Richlands should do better this year controlling the line of scrimmage. If they do and the Blues have a successful passing game and the Blue Devils don't, I am giving the edge to the Blues--

Also, hoping Reece continues as strong as last year with XP's and hopefully some FG's.

A FG may be the difference in this game.

Richlands - 17

Gate City - 14

Life has many choices---eternity two

I hope for the Richlands fans it's a low scoring game for the Blue Devils, if not that damn siren is gonna get loud!

I don't think the siren is gonna get a lot of use. I doubt either team is going to do a lot of scoring. Both D's will be tough and usually the first game or 2 the D has a small advantage over the offense.

Both teams have of a lot of experience on both sides but especially on the D side.

I know I predicted a 20 to 10 score, but I don't know if that many points will be scored.

Of course......I am wrong a lot......LOL !