Powell Valley @ Richlands!!

mv91

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Blues will be ready to play football. This may be our thoughest game so far. I seen what they did to Lebanon don't know how legit that was????? I look for the Blues to play with the intensity they did at GC. Blues 35 PV 10

I think the Blues will be ready to play football. This may be our thoughest game so far. I seen what they did to Lebanon don't know how legit that was????? I look for the Blues to play with the intensity they did at GC. Blues 35 PV 10

I don't think you guys have what it takes to beat a Physical Team like Powel Valley. I talked to my buddy from Lebanon who I know through club soccer said that they are physical, like dropping big hits all over the field. I think their physical play wins: Powel Valley 21-7. (maybe the vikes will soften up you guys for the Falcons next week!)

I don't think you guys have what it takes to beat a Physical Team like Powel Valley. I talked to my buddy from Lebanon who I know through club soccer said that they are physical, like dropping big hits all over the field. I think their physical play wins: Powel Valley 21-7. (maybe the vikes will soften up you guys for the Falcons next week!)

The Blues will take care of business this week and roll in Atown come next week.

Double the winning score, and switch the teams, and you'll have the right score in this one.

Richlands rolls. And will roll in Week 4. And will roll in Week 5. And will roll in Week 6...

Richlands is on top right now and that can be a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. First you are winning and just rolling over people confidence is high. Second you have a giant bull's eye on your back and everyweek teams are bringing their A game to try and knock you down. Powell Valley will play tought but I'll pick Richlands.

I think Richlands has already played, and defeated, a stronger team than Powell Valley - the Vikings probably rank somewhere between Gate City and Honaker. It's very likely that Richlands will get a convincing win, but Powell Valley's players have already shown a lot of character this year and I suspect they will give it their all.

I look for PV to continue solid special teams play and make good defensive adjustments as the game progresses. Powell Valley's early schedule against some good sized area schools (approx. enrollments - Lee 720, Lebanon 560, Richlands 780, Harlan County 1300) has usually helped them later in the season with LPD action & post season qualification.

Man, I'm glad to see your on here. I thought you might have been grounded with Southbound !

Powell Valley has a "chance" to beat us Friday as they have before, which by the way, is something that Abingdon hasn't done in a long time.

I think the Vikings are better then most thought they would be at the beginning of the season But I don't think they will out physical Richlands.

Powell is very well coached and has a great tradition and has won in Ernie, but I think the Blues are just to much for them this year. Too big, too strong, and too deep.

I think they will give us a good test, but don't worry, the Blues will be ready for the Falcons next week......." first we have to take care of business this week ".

Richlands 35 Powell 14

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Richlands goes 10-0 during regular season. They are too well coached with an abundance of talent at every position. On top of that they are DEEP on the roster....they can win just by wearing you down from rotation of fresh players. If you took the best of the best out of swva and put them on a team and played richlands you might have a game. Give the devil his due Richlands has the team that everyone wishes for.

How in the world can you think that pv will beat richlands I think great first half 28 -7 halftime 42 21 final GC much better team but pv might get some scores from their speed MIGHT...........

If you took the best of the best out of swva and put them on a team and played richlands you might have a game.

I wanted to go ahead and get this one before someone else had the pleasure of doing so.

Richlands already took all of the best players from SWVA...get it...haha...because they recruit...lol...I made a funny.

How in the world can you think that pv will beat richlands I think great first half 28 -7 halftime 42 21 final GC much better team but pv might get some scores from their speed MIGHT...........

I'm not so sure GC is better than PV. PV has good speed and mixes things up well, very physical. I don't think Powell Valley could stop Gate City's running game but I'm also not sure Gate City can stop Powell Valley's passing game. I believe it'll be a better game when it comes around than most think.

Don't know if anyone noticed. He used the words "physical" and "club soccer" in the same message. That is an oxymoron. However, the Falcons are used to big droppings on their field.

Well said Bigrhsfan. I believe he may just be trying to get someone fired up. No way that is truely his thoughts. I think Powell Valley will give us the best game yet and may possibly beat us but not out Physical. They will have to have a balanced attack to even compete. I know they have a good coach and I am sure they will have a balance on offense which will give them a better chance than Gate City did. Gate City is a very physical team but just one dimensional on offense and the outcome speaks for itself. I respect the Powell Valley program and they look to be very young so a year or so away from peaking. Lots of juniors and lower classmen. I figure Richlands 42 PV 19 GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS AND NO INJURIES.

You are one crazy man. there is no way PV beats Richlands.Richland will beat them just as bad if not by more than they did Gate City.

PV could suit up their cheerleaders and still beat Richlands easily. This is Phils last year as their coach and he will be heading out with one last State Championship this year. Richlands is in a world of hurt tonight.;)

BHC article

PREP FOOTBALL: Powell Valley travels to Richlands in marquee game

By Tim Hayes

Published: September 10, 2010

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2010/sep/10/prep-football-powell-valley-travels-richlands-marq-ar-498205/

excerpt:

The Vikings have played well in winning their first two games. They travel to Richlands (2-0) tonight in a battle of Southwest Virginia unbeatens.

"Nobody really expected us to be as good as we are," said lineman Brandon Bentley. "To come out and really surprise a lot of people has been good. We’ve had a lot of hard practices."

BHC article

PREP FOOTBALL: Powell Valley travels to Richlands in marquee game

By Tim Hayes

Published: September 10, 2010

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2010/sep/10/prep-football-powell-valley-travels-richlands-marq-ar-498205/

excerpt:

The Vikings have played well in winning their first two games. They travel to Richlands (2-0) tonight in a battle of Southwest Virginia unbeatens.

"Nobody really expected us to be as good as we are," said lineman Brandon Bentley. "To come out and really surprise a lot of people has been good. We’ve had a lot of hard practices."

I have to admit that I am pulling for the Vikings tonight. :D