where the falcon fans

ba961

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Blues. I tell you what, there were a ton of fans there. I think the entire town of Richlands was there tonight. I was impressed with their play. It was fairly tight game the first quarter and a half, but the bad thing is it takes an entire 4 quarters to make it happen. Richlands has some talented kids on their team. Not sure of the kids name, but number 1 can flat out run! And number 88 the full back looks like a stinking guard and he can bust it up the gut and tack on a bunch of yards in a hurry. The Blues have a great team and I think that they very well could be state bound this year. My dad is a VHSL referee and has done one of the Richland games this year, and he was right in saying that they are a good team. The Johnson kid is a stud too.

Good luck the rest of the year guys and great game.

P.S.

(no whining or complaining from this falcon, we "plain ol" got our butts kicked by a great team.)

be safe guys,

EW

Congrats to the Blues. I tell you what, there were a ton of fans there. I think the entire town of Richlands was there tonight. I was impressed with their play. It was fairly tight game the first quarter and a half, but the bad thing is it takes an entire 4 quarters to make it happen. Richlands has some talented kids on their team. Not sure of the kids name, but number 1 can flat out run! And number 88 the full back looks like a stinking guard and he can bust it up the gut and tack on a bunch of yards in a hurry. The Blues have a great team and I think that they very well could be state bound this year. My dad is a VHSL referee and has done one of the Richland games this year, and he was right in saying that they are a good team. The Johnson kid is a stud too.

P.S.

(no whining or complaining from this falcon, we "plain ol" got our butts kicked by a great team.)

be safe guys,

EW

The guys name is Bradley Strong.

P.S.

be safe guys,

EW

thats a classy post there good neighbor.

I think we'd all pay 100 bucks a seat to see Richlands play Christiansburg this year. Best 2 teams in the state hands down IMO. With J.J.Kelly open next Friday,I am thinking of catching Northside-Salem. That one is going to be colossal.

There defense was prepared to come in and play football. There line backers were good. On offense Richlands couldn't get nothing going. They are a better team then i thought they were. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Keep your heads up and be ready for Tazewell. I beleave thats who you play next. And I'm glad we have and off week, it was a tough night on casualties for the Blues. Congradulation to the Blues Love you Boys.

For the first quarter and about 8 minutes of the 2nd this was a real ball game. I was on the Richlands sideline and I heard Mance say..."it's okay guys, we got ourselves a ball game here"...then, in a span of about 4 minutes RHS scored 20 quick points and that's all she wrote. Fumble recovery for 6, onside kickoff, muffed punt...wow, the game turned fast. Hess was pressured all night and he just wouldn't stay in the pocket at all...sometimes he couldn't, but either way he took the snap and rolled out or got real happy feet. Just for the record, and I know this will piss off the RHS fans and I don't mean for it to, seriously...there were some penalties that caused the fans (and players and coaches) to go berzerk...but they were legitimate. Pass interference a couple of times, defensive holding, unsportsmanlike conduct....RHS will have to watch that kind of stuff at a different location. Those penalties helped to keep AHS in the game early on. It might have hurt RHS a little more if we had a stronger team. No doubt about it, RHS has some ballers. For the record, I never predicted an AHS win. I silently hoped but I knew it would take 4 qrters of excellent ball by AHS and numerous mistakes by RHS and we just didn't get that tonight. Congrats to RHS and best of luck the rest of the season.

Chain gang? With all due respect to you, that pass interference call on Bradley Strong was not legitimate. And as the flag came out #6 nearly seperated Bradley's head from his neck by grabbing his facemask and twisting. I have a series of pictures that clearly show this. That's what got Richlands so upset. Bradley is the most low key and even keeled kid around. For him to be as upset as he was says a lot. As for the other calls, I don't know if they were legit. That's for the RHS staff to determine when they watch the tape. I do know that crew is the most flag happy we see every year. Richlands couldn't get a play off without a flag for most of the first half. And I thought it was a little strange when Abingdon got a procedure call AFTER the snap sailed over the QB's head. But as I said in another thread, it did Richlands a favor by gettting them fired up. They were sleepwalking up to that point.

Nope not chain gang. Post the pics if you have them. Your #44 speared one of our guys and it wasn't called...and it was bad..real bad. You had a guy spike the ball and nothing was called. It went both ways so don't kid yourself. AHS gave you game for awhile and you aren't used to that. Is RHS a better team? Sure. But don't take away the fact that AHS played you all tough for the first 1 1/2 qrtrs by claiming the refs slowed things down. That's petty and quite ridiculous.

Nope not chain gang. Post the pics if you have them. Your #44 speared one of our guys and it wasn't called...and it was bad..real bad. You had a guy spike the ball and nothing was called. It went both ways so don't kid yourself. AHS gave you game for awhile and you aren't used to that. Is RHS a better team? Sure. But don't take away the fact that AHS played you all tough for the first 1 1/2 qrtrs by claiming the refs slowed things down. That's petty and quite ridiculous.

WOW, a whole quarter and a half................

Now why did you have to go and call me petty and rediculas? I never said Abingdon didn't play well. They played much better than any of us thought they would. I did say the crew was horrible, and I said Richlands didn't play well until they got back some of the fire that was missing for most of the first half. If you want to take a moral victory and say Abingdon is the reason Richlands didn't play well, fine, knock yourself out...

Abingdon played with the Blues for a quarter and a half bacause of the Refs. Reminded me of the Bluefield games several years ago. Bradley Strong will only complain outloud if their is a problem. Falcon fans be happy 60 were not put on you! Coach Mance is not worried about all the Fancy numbers, like Shutouts and scoring above 50 or more every game. He knows we have a State Championship caliber team this year. We get to play kids from 9th grade and JV most every game, Most teams cannot do that.

Are you guys kidding me? The refs were horrible and hurt the Falcons several times. Richlands got by with several late hits too. Oh well, at least you guys know it was a good hard physical game and we sent several guys to the sidelines hurt. Richlands could not run against us! :cool:

Number 1, who in the hell was running the clock? He needs to be fired. It stayed on 12 min for the first 4 plays. It didnt start till right before the first Abingdon punt. And at the end of the 1st quarter there was an incomplete pass, and the clock didnt stop. He needs to get his head in the game.

Secondly, I'm not one to get on here or anywhere and bash refs. But that was pitiful. Does anybody know the stats of penatlies? It was extremely lop-sided. A few calls that come to mind are the pass int. where the AHS kid had Brads facemask. Abingdons first TD, where Hess was over the los and to beat it all, the side judge ran to the middle of the field with his flag in his hand, saw abingdon had scored, then put it back. I know there was some jawing and such from both sides. So I wont go there. And as BigD said, the false start, 3 sec after the play had started? Something wasnt right...

I was happy to see Richlands leave the starters in for 3 quarters, but it seemed as if we "called off the dogs" from the very start of the 2nd half. The one WR screen and a KO return were the TDs. It looked like Mance was trying not to run it up too bad.

One thing I really noticed was how cramped our side was last night. We traveled REAL WELL. And if the refs didnt get our crowd/players fired up. The penalty on RHS where the WHOLE AHS OFFENSES looked at us and started waving their hands for us to stand up. Now, whats the purpose in taunting a fanbase that doubles the ones you have??

I also loved the onside. That is sorta famous here in Richlands. How many times have we seen that against an unsuspecting team? I can count several. It was perfectly executed. And even then, one official was signaling that Abingdon had the ball. (Sorry, just remembered the ref on that one).

I'm extremely proud of the Blues. Showed us some toughness tonight. Showed that they can keep their cool when the game is close like that. Abingdon does deserve a little credit. They shut down the run. But you cant shut down everything. And that is what will make this year special.

Are you guys kidding me? The refs were horrible and hurt the Falcons several times. Richlands got by with several late hits too. Oh well, at least you guys know it was a good hard physical game and we sent several guys to the sidelines hurt. Richlands could not run against us! :cool:

You are absoluetely horrible. Why would you want to send our players home hurt? I have never wished a player to get hurt. And when they do, my team or not, I show them respect. That was a truly CLASSLESS post.

Speaking of classless fans, how bout the almost riot like behavior by the richlands fans when a penalty is called. wow, i mean lets just act like a bunch of crazy people. My gal said those people are crazy and she was scared. What do you guys expect the referees not to do their job?? Come on man!!! Your team is not above penalties, you guys are a joke!! Grow up and stay off the refs, let them earn their game check!:mad:

Speaking of classless fans, how bout the almost riot like behavior by the richlands fans when a penalty is called. wow, i mean lets just act like a bunch of crazy people. My gal said those people are crazy and she was scared. What do you guys expect the referees not to do their job?? Come on man!!! Your team is not above penalties, you guys are a joke!! Grow up and stay off the refs, let them earn their game check!:mad:

That was the worst ref crew I think I've ever seen. My previous post has 3 seperate occasions that were completely blown! And your fans and players making obscene gestures at us? C'mon man. If we need to calm down. So do you.

Classless is one who cries and makes excuses even after a 4 touchdown blowout in their own back yard. That's classless.