Abingdon @ Carroll County

vatech

Tech will never be a bigtime program until they get rid of the OC. He just holds back the defense every year (first class DC). This year will be no exception and thats with a very young defense. Beamer just loves making excuses for the OC.

I think Abingdon may surprise CC with the superior quarterback. If he gets any time they may just pull this one off. Abingdon D is good enough to stop or slow the run enough. I pick Abingdon 26 CC 19

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The edge in the kicking game goes to Moreno of Carroll.

Really? I have to admit I have never seen this kid kick but I know that Ludwig for AHS can boom it. I would think that Ludwig was one of the better punters and KO kids around. Admittedly, I haven't seen him kick FG's of any distance but I have HEARD that he can hit some long ones. Of course, hearing and seeing are two very different things. I will say that the hate for AHS on this board is so deep that people pick against them because of emotion instead of intelligence. People actually picked Tazewell to beat us as well as JSB. What? I truly have no problem with people picking against AHS as long as it is an intelligent pick that makes sense. I also know there are some posters for AHS on here that act like the kids that they are..but when adults let the kids rattle them to the point of making emotional picks ....well, lets just say that I would LOVE to play some poker with you guys. Abingdon gets the win this week..in a close one....as long as there is no helmet tossing going on. Oh, and look for some offensive changes this week as well.

AHS 28-27.

I've heard about some new packages for the team. Should be interesting to see if they use any of it.

Abingdon's kicker personally has a great chance to play D1. As a sophomore he has great hang time and distances on his punts... ask Richland (about the only thing that kept us in the game). His KO is good... He attempted a 48 yd field goal last week and was just short. However, for a young kicker still learning to drive the ball on FG he's pretty impressive.

Naddler hurts AHS passing attack being hurt... However, I'm sure Hess is becoming to enjoy Dawson on the Vert routes soon enough. He was open often, but Hess we to glued on the underneath receiver. Hess learn a pump fake he'll make it rain out there.

Also, whoever told Crosswhite to run north and south thank you. The kid is a 5ft ox and needs to continue use his power going forward... not trying to dance outside.

Really? I have to admit I have never seen this kid kick but I know that Ludwig for AHS can boom it. I would think that Ludwig was one of the better punters and KO kids around. Admittedly, I haven't seen him kick FG's of any distance but I have HEARD that he can hit some long ones. Of course, hearing and seeing are two very different things. I will say that the hate for AHS on this board is so deep that people pick against them because of emotion instead of intelligence. People actually picked Tazewell to beat us as well as JSB. What? I truly have no problem with people picking against AHS as long as it is an intelligent pick that makes sense. I also know there are some posters for AHS on here that act like the kids that they are..but when adults let the kids rattle them to the point of making emotional picks ....well, lets just say that I would LOVE to play some poker with you guys. Abingdon gets the win this week..in a close one....as long as there is no helmet tossing going on. Oh, and look for some offensive changes this week as well.

AHS 28-27.

Part of what gives Moreno the edge in my opinion is his athleticism. If something goes wrong on a PAT or punt he has the ability to make a play with his legs.

Abingdon's defense is going to have to really buckle down this week. I've seen CC play this season. They a really really good ground game and the control the ball. When Abingdon does have the ball they need to have 2 or 3 long drives. CC offense wears down the opposing defense and eventually comes out on the winning side.

CC-24

Abingdon-17

I've heard about some new packages for the team. Should be interesting to see if they use any of it.

Abingdon's kicker personally has a great chance to play D1. As a sophomore he has great hang time and distances on his punts... ask Richland (about the only thing that kept us in the game). His KO is good... He attempted a 48 yd field goal last week and was just short. However, for a young kicker still learning to drive the ball on FG he's pretty impressive.

Naddler hurts AHS passing attack being hurt... However, I'm sure Hess is becoming to enjoy Dawson on the Vert routes soon enough. He was open often, but Hess we to glued on the underneath receiver. Hess learn a pump fake he'll make it rain out there.

Also, whoever told Crosswhite to run north and south thank you. The kid is a 5ft ox and needs to continue use his power going forward... not trying to dance outside.

I have to say that the Abingdon kicker is pretty good. It seems like there are several good kickers in the area now.

The kid from VA high, Abingdons kicker, Reese Strong from Richlands and the CC kicker. They may be more but that's the best that I know about.

What do you think is the reason we see so many good kickers now. The soccer programs ? The teams putting more emphases on special teams ?

I can remember not to long ago when a high school team had a hard time finding someone to kick a extra point consistently....lol !

There seems to be a lot more games the team losing is trying to score a TD to win the game because they don't have kicked who can not kick it from the 25.

It's a great weapon to have in high school and is good for atleast one win a year if not more. Plus the punter is huge to change fielt positions against a team. If AHS punter wasn't kicking 50yd punts we might have been worst given them a shorter drive for Richlands

I agree that the soccer programs have made a big difference. In Carlock's last years, he worked to get soccer players out for football. The DeGray brothers were all soccer players who kicked for Graham. T.J. Rasnick excelled at both football and soccer.

I assume the kicker for Abingdon is a soccer player, I know Moreno is.

Guest Woolybugger
I'm also glad grundy never has to go to hillsville ever again...EVER

The feeling's mutual, Bub.

Guest Woolybugger
Does Grundy have a soccer team? They have a good kicker this year as well...he kicks 45-55 yarders in warm ups with room to spare.

They had one this spring. Don't know if it was their first time or not.

I have to say that the Abingdon kicker is pretty good. It seems like there are several good kickers in the area now.

The kid from VA high, Abingdons kicker, Reese Strong from Richlands and the CC kicker. They may be more but that's the best that I know about.

What do you think is the reason we see so many good kickers now. The soccer programs ? The teams putting more emphases on special teams ?

I can remember not to long ago when a high school team had a hard time finding someone to kick a extra point consistently....lol !

The Virginia High kicker averages 69 yards on kickoffs and has 30 touchbacks on 32 tries. In warmups before the Honaker game, he had a 10 mph wind at his back and made multiple 65 yard field goals and 1 from 70 yards.

The Virginia High kicker averages 69 yards on kickoffs and has 30 touchbacks on 32 tries. In warmups before the Honaker game, he had a 10 mph wind at his back and made multiple 65 yard field goals and 1 from 70 yards.

Have no trouble believing this. I've seen him hit a 50 yarder with all kinds of room to spare.

pretty sure he has signed with uva

That would really please me.

I've looked on Rivals and a few other sites. UVA is HIGHLY interested, but hasnt officially offered yet. He's also went on a trip to Tech and maybe UT also. I do expect him to go to UVA however. Most kickers are walk-ons and earn their way into a scholarship, however UVA desperatly needs a kicker and may offer a full ride to him.

I just want to apologize to all my fellow Falcons for not being on here this week, but I've been preparing for the SAT tomorrow. Haven't been able to focus on the Falcons. No, I will not be making the trip to CC. No, I won't be hanging out tonight. Its called the FREAKING SAT!!! I hate it, I think its a way to generate money. My grades are great, my teachers know I'm smart, why in Hell do I have to take a freaking test!:mad: But, just got to have some grit about me and get it done. I want to wish my Falcons good luck! I will be pulling for you from my BR with a prep book in my face.:confused: God, I hate test! But, Go Falcons!!

I just want to apologize to all my fellow Falcons for not being on here this week, but I've been preparing for the SAT tomorrow. Haven't been able to focus on the Falcons. No, I will not be making the trip to CC. No, I won't be hanging out tonight. Its called the FREAKING SAT!!! I hate it, I think its a way to generate money. My grades are great, my teachers know I'm smart, why in Hell do I have to take a freaking test!:mad: But, just got to have some grit about me and get it done. I want to wish my Falcons good luck! I will be pulling for you from my BR with a prep book in my face.:confused: God, I hate test! But, Go Falcons!!

Good luck tomorrow-DADDY! :D

Good luck on that SAT this week. That is one test that I don't miss at all. I had to take mine after prom.... I do not recommend doing that for obvious reasons. Anyways, good luck Abingdon. I will be listening here at work again on WABN.