Graham gets last seed at 1-9?

stubbycurrence

That is why I thought the Falcons would get in. How do the seeds work? If we are #6 do we play at #1 or does #1 get a bye. I would like to see our guys get another shot at Carroll or play Bassett in the first round.

You have to win your final two first and may still need a bit of help. If you happen to get into the 6th spot the it will be 6 at 3 5 at 4 for the first round.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But we are in the same district? How can that be? If they are in a different Division then how can they be in the Falcon's district? Huh, answer me that. I'm confused?

you could go play in the river ridge district or piedmont district. but your size is comparable to other schools in this end of the state. ghs is down in numbers and will go to single a next year. you play in the swd because that is the only 2a district i think in this end of the state.and it is not your district. it is all the teams district and a few being ghs rhs and ths have been in the swd a long time. ahs left several years back then came back to the swd. your school has larger numbers than ghs so you are in the larger region to play schools your size as compared to ghs playing in the region with smaller 2 a schools. if you want to make the playoffs in your region then you need to play bigger schools and not single a schools.should ghs be in the playoffs no and if i were the coach i would tell the vhsl that we do not deserve to be in the playoffs this year and drop out with dignity. for years ghs has played up to 2a with 1 a numbers but it has caught up with them. move past the complex that everyone is out to get your team. grow up.

But the point is, no one around here would be good enough...and if you think they are, you're dumber than I thought...:eek:

Look, football is football some school in swva could & would win a state championship. It's possible if there was 1 state champ this year Richlands would have a good chance. Don't sell swva teams short!! You don't have to get upset and start name calling.

You heard wrong...six teams make the playoffs in both Region IV, Division 3 and Division 4 this season...just like last season...

I was thinking it was 6 and could not understand why they kept saying 4. Thanks for clearing it up.

Edited by Blues Man

Look, football is football some school in swva could & would win a state championship. It's possible if there was 1 state champ this year Richlands would have a good chance. Don't sell swva teams short!! You don't have to get upset and start name calling.

To say that Richlands could beat the likes of Hampton, Phoebus (sp?), the powerhouse AAA schools, etc...would be foolish. I like the system thats in place.

The mind is a terrible thing...

Richlands is a great football team..........Phoebus would be up by atleast 40 at halftime.

Totally different level of football.

Yep. My memory may be going, but didn't Graham in 2001 scrimmage Varina HS from Richmond and get their butts kicked in? And everyone knows how powerful that 2001 team was...

Yep. My memory may be going, but didn't Graham in 2001 scrimmage Varina HS from Richmond and get their butts kicked in? And everyone knows how powerful that 2001 team was...

My, how far they fall. Scrimmage Varina one year and nine years later you're winning one game and dropping into one of the weakest football districts in SWVA, the MED. It's baffling, it really is.

Richlands is a great football team..........Phoebus would be up by atleast 40 at halftime.

Totally different level of football.

I saw Thomas Dale play in a playoff game last year and saw them win in the state championship game. They were good no doubt but, Richlands would have given them a good game and would have had a chance to win. Saying they would be behind 40 at halftime against Phoebus I just don't agree with. I'm not saying swva teams would win every year. But, to give them no chance to win ever, must be something in the water you swva boys are drinking. I hope it's something gooood.

I saw Thomas Dale play in a playoff game last year and saw them win in the state championship game. They were good no doubt but, Richlands would have given them a good game and would have had a chance to win. Saying they would be behind 40 at halftime against Phoebus I just don't agree with. I'm not saying swva teams would win every year. But, to give them no chance to win ever, must be something in the water you swva boys are drinking. I hope it's something gooood.

Richlands is a great team....theres no doubt about that...........That said....They'd be lucky, and fortunate to be within 40 after 2 quarters against Phoebus. I just watched Phoebus demolish Hampton Friday night, and I also watched them and Oscar Smith win the D5 AND D6 titles 2 years ago.

Richlands is a team that has some kids with NAIA/D3 talent...maybe 1 kid that could play at a higher level..............Phoebus has 9 kids getting serious looks from D1 schools............Thats almost an entire side of the ball. Out of those 9.....6 of them of locks to play at the D1 level. Theres a huge difference between a D5 team and a D3 team. And if you've not noticed....That area of VA has blown up with talent over the past 5-6 years. In SWVA.....we're lucky to have 1 a year have a chance to play D1

I'd go as far as saying that Phoebus 2nd stringers could handle Richlands...thats how much of a talent gap there is between the two.

Like I said, no disrespect to Richlands, they are a great team. It's not even fair to compare a D3 team from SWVA to the best D5 or D6 team in the state of VA....

Richlands is a great team....theres no doubt about that...........That said....They'd be lucky, and fortunate to be within 40 after 2 quarters against Phoebus. I just watched Phoebus demolish Hampton Friday night, and I also watched them and Oscar Smith win the D5 AND D6 titles 2 years ago.

Richlands is a team that has some kids with NAIA/D3 talent...maybe 1 kid that could play at a higher level..............Phoebus has 9 kids getting serious looks from D1 schools............Thats almost an entire side of the ball. Out of those 9.....6 of them of locks to play at the D1 level. Theres a huge difference between a D5 team and a D3 team. And if you've not noticed....That area of VA has blown up with talent over the past 5-6 years. In SWVA.....we're lucky to have 1 a year have a chance to play D1

I'd go as far as saying that Phoebus 2nd stringers could handle Richlands...thats how much of a talent gap there is between the two.

Like I said, no disrespect to Richlands, they are a great team. It's not even fair to compare a D3 team from SWVA to the best D5 or D6 team in the state of VA....

LOL, maybe you should actually watch Richlands play before you make a statement like that. I don't doubt that Phoebus would win the game... but they wouldn't be up by 40 at halftime. Not this year.

By the way, Richlands has at least four kids being recruited by D-1 schools, and many others who should be playing college football at some level after high school.

I have seen Richlands play.........against Gate City

And then I went and watched Phoebus and Hampton last friday. Once again, its not even fair to compare the two.

Speed wise...Richlands looks like an 8th grade team compared to Phoebus. Even your fellow Richlands fans on here are in agreement about this. Maybe you should watch Phoebus play?? They're ranked in the top 6 in the nation for a reason.

Like I said, no disrespect towards Richlands. They're a great team, and I really expect them to bring home a D3 title this year. But dont let your school pride prevent you from using common sense.

I agree with battleftbl. Richlands is superb for this area. Untouchable even. But that side of the state is head and shoulders above this side. Isn't Pheobus and Hampton ranked nationally? I don't think Richlands would fare well against the Phantoms for even a half.. but Richlands could beat the socks off most teams in Virginia, without a doubt.

I have to agree with Bigd.

Battlefball, there is a big difference between you watchin Richlands play their first game of the season and watchin Phoebus there 7th or 8th game. That really is no comparison. Every high school team is gonna be a little rusty week 1. I am not gonna say Richlands would win but I would doubt they score that much on Richlands in the first half.

Fun to talk about though!!

All I would suggest to you folks is to look at WVU, Tech, UVA, Michigan, UF, UNC and see how many players come from the 757 (Tidewater) VA and how many come from here. No disrespect to the brand of football played in the western half of the state, we just need to be honest with ourselves.

The one place we wipe them out is fan support. For our community sizes the turnout here is unreal. A typical game in E. VA will have 1,500 folks at most.

First of all Richlands does not play Pheobus, nor will play them. Gee What if...........Emory and Henry played the Pittsburgh Steelers or Richlands Midget leauge played Va.Tech. Dude its the same. You got people that get excited over thinking that a Division 6 team from eastern Va could beat Richlands to make them feel better about, well what ever??

I have seen Richlands play.........against Gate City

And then I went and watched Phoebus and Hampton last friday. Once again, its not even fair to compare the two.

Speed wise...Richlands looks like an 8th grade team compared to Phoebus. Even your fellow Richlands fans on here are in agreement about this. Maybe you should watch Phoebus play?? They're ranked in the top 6 in the nation for a reason.

Like I said, no disrespect towards Richlands. They're a great team, and I really expect them to bring home a D3 title this year. But dont let your school pride prevent you from using common sense.

I have to agree with this. It's a significant jump, and that will happen when Phoebus has 3x the students of Richlands.