Classless coach at Graham

frito gonzales

Was told that after Graham's loss tonight against Abingdon that WeeCee told some seniors that he didn't know why they were upset because they didn't do anything. The seniors all played their butts off and have worked so hard for four years and to have this piece of s**t say that to them on senior night is pathetic. They have played with injuries and never complained. How WeeCee has a job coaching young men baffles me? He has told his players that they are losers and have been since they were freshmen. Why does Marrs keep this garbage there...he obviously accepts no blame for Graham's poor play when it's his awful defensive scheme that sucks. He couldn't win at BSC. He has no clue how to coach football or how to motivate players. Graham will always suck as long as this is what is coaching them. The JV always seems to play well, yet when they get under WeeCee's coaching in varsity they look as though they haven't ever seen a football.

Until the community in Bluefield, Va stand together and voice their disappointment with the current coaching staff(football) nothing is going to happen. I am sick and tired of hearing about individuals that are putting down the students that are participating in the football program at Graham. It is no wonder that some have chosen to participate at other schools in the southwest.There is another meeting at the school board this coming Dec. that issues with be addressed and hopefully answers will be given to some of the issues that are occurring at Graham. Please join this movement to get some individuals that care about all the kids at Graham , and will help build up their character instead of trying to destroy it. Mark your calendars for Dec. and show up to support a change at Graham.

Schoolteacher you are right..I bet you will see more people there in Dec supporting a change at Graham. Thing is the other coaches at Graham are good coaches and good guys. Its WeeCee that is ruining the program, and of course Marrs allows him to pretty much do and say whatever he wants.

Imo and most people won't agree but I think marrs should stay he never never does anything to the kids and he is supportive too.coach Jones is running the show and it has to stop. If anything I would love to see marrs take total control of the offense and coach palmer and Rex bradshaw over the defense.

I hope you guys can get things straightened out up there and get your program back to where it once was !

I know we are rivals and I like to see Richlands win of course, but I hate to see what has happened to a once proud program that was the top of the district years ago.

We may have wanted to beat you, but we've always had respect for your program !

Good luck guys !

Until the community in Bluefield, Va stand together and voice their disappointment with the current coaching staff(football) nothing is going to happen. I am sick and tired of hearing about individuals that are putting down the students that are participating in the football program at Graham. It is no wonder that some have chosen to participate at other schools in the southwest.There is another meeting at the school board this coming Dec. that issues with be addressed and hopefully answers will be given to some of the issues that are occurring at Graham. Please join this movement to get some individuals that care about all the kids at Graham , and will help build up their character instead of trying to destroy it. Mark your calendars for Dec. and show up to support a change at Graham.

Well said! It makes me sick to see what has happened to this once great program. As soon as Marrs was announced as head coach I stopped going to Graham's games. Until a coaching change has been made I will continue to boycott the games. Unfortunately, there are many others out there that feel exactly the same as I do.

I encourage all of the citizens of Bluefield, VA to attend this meeting and demand that changes be made with the GHS coaching staff..... starting with Marrs!!!!

I agree I've done a little pee wee coaching and that's about it. But the first year that marrs had the team I could have made it to the region champ at least. He barle made the playoffs and lost first round. Maybe the AD needs to get a new head coach a wait there one in the same. It would be stupid to fire yourself lol.

Was told that after Graham's loss tonight against Abingdon that WeeCee told some seniors that he didn't know why they were upset because they didn't do anything. The seniors all played their butts off and have worked so hard for four years and to have this piece of s**t say that to them on senior night is pathetic. They have played with injuries and never complained. How WeeCee has a job coaching young men baffles me? He has told his players that they are losers and have been since they were freshmen. Why does Marrs keep this garbage there...he obviously accepts no blame for Graham's poor play when it's his awful defensive scheme that sucks. He couldn't win at BSC. He has no clue how to coach football or how to motivate players. Graham will always suck as long as this is what is coaching them. The JV always seems to play well, yet when they get under WeeCee's coaching in varsity they look as though they haven't ever seen a football.

Jones is the one that "can't do anything"........He definitely needs to go. What ever happened to the rumors of him moving to Charlotte, NC???.....Apparently he claims that he doesn't want to be around the "losers" at Graham....and since they can't do anything....why doesn't he LEAVE....Wish he'd do us all the huge favor and quit trying to "coach" anything.... I hear they want him to be an assistant bball coach at Graham now...I guess they want kids to stop coming out for that team, too....

Well said! It makes me sick to see what has happened to this once great program. As soon as Marrs was announced as head coach I stopped going to Graham's games. Until a coaching change has been made I will continue to boycott the games. Unfortunately, there are many others out there that feel exactly the same as I do.

I encourage all of the citizens of Bluefield, VA to attend this meeting and demand that changes be made with the GHS coaching staff..... starting with Marrs!!!!

and Jones....(maybe a bigger culprit than Marrs)...

Jones is the one that "can't do anything"........He definitely needs to go. What ever happened to the rumors of him moving to Charlotte, NC???.....Apparently he claims that he doesn't want to be around the "losers" at Graham....and since they can't do anything....why doesn't he LEAVE....Wish he'd do us all the huge favor and quit trying to "coach" anything.... I hear they want him to be an assistant bball coach at Graham now...I guess they want kids to stop coming out for that team, too....

How soon we all forget that the Mighty Wee-Cee racked up something like a 3-25 record as basketball coach at Bluefield State. The man is a complete failure as a coach, and he should be jettisoned right along with Douggie.

Stand up, Bluefield. SHOW them that you're tired of the BS.

Imo and most people won't agree but I think marrs should stay he never never does anything to the kids and he is supportive too.coach Jones is running the show and it has to stop. If anything I would love to see marrs take total control of the offense and coach palmer and Rex bradshaw over the defense.

I agree with what ur saying, but the problem is that Marrs knows this a**hole is doing and saying things that are ruining this program and he doesn't step in. He shoulda told WeeCee not to mouth off to those seniors after they played their butts off all year. Marrs is the captain of the ship and he is allowing one moron to sink the ship.

Btw, someone posted that maybe the AD needs to step in...Marrs is the AD and the principal is a good friend. So unless the school board steps in nothing is going to change at Graham.

I think you all need to chill out. This is high school football, not the NFL. You all need to get lives that have real concerns. This is high school football in a small town in Virginia. Get over yourselves. If the biggest concern in your lives as grown men is to get on a message board and trash a coach of a high school football team, then you need a serious reality check. Worry about your faith, your families, your money, your job, etc. This is ridiculous.

I think you all need to chill out. This is high school football, not the NFL. You all need to get lives that have real concerns. This is high school football in a small town in Virginia. Get over yourselves. If the biggest concern in your lives as grown men is to get on a message board and trash a coach of a high school football team, then you need a serious reality check. Worry about your faith, your families, your money, your job, etc. This is ridiculous.

GetMoney55..YOU need to step back.

The issues being complained about are real and the Graham fans and alums that are concerned have every right to be. No one is trashing a coach...he (they) has already trashed himself with his actions. Something needs to be done, and soon, before the program is completely destroyed by the fools running it...

lol...this is pretty much what people say when they don't have a leg to stand on in an argument.

The issues being complained about are real and the Graham fans and alums that are concerned have every right to be. No one is trashing a coach...he (they) has already trashed himself with his actions. Something needs to be done, and soon, before the program is completely destroyed by the fools running it...

A+ work.

Of course he thinks we need to chill, Beaver is guaranteed a win every year from this point on as long as Marrs is coach. GetMoney55, worry about the beavers and let the real fans of Graham stand up for our community before we become Tazewell. Marrs has gotta go.

If glynn Jr came back then we might have a chance. Might... I mean when I played for him on jv the year his dad died we were running plays that marrs only wished he could have thought about. We ended losing only one game by 4 points. Then a 4 years later with Doug we go 4 and 7 somethings wrong there don't cha think? Wee cee has no idea what he is doing and neither does Doug. The only reason he nice to you Alex is because you guys kiss his ass. Ask the seniors that I played with how he treated me after I got hurt! Like a piece of sh*t. I never bowed down to him in 4 years maybee that's what's wrong with that place now.

Of course he thinks we need to chill, Beaver is guaranteed a win every year from this point on as long as Marrs is coach. GetMoney55, worry about the beavers and let the real fans of Graham stand up for our community before we become Tazewell. Marrs has gotta go.

Leave Tazewell out of Grahams problems please. The bulldogs are working hard to overcome their's.

Getmoney...when i know a grown man is putting down high school kids after they just played their butts off in a game then I will say something. WeeCee has no business calling his players names and trashing them. If he doesn't like it then WeeCee needs to leave. Dont you worry I got my "faith, family, money & job under control". Maybe you will have a child oneday who gets belittled by a piece of crap coach who is 50some years old and lets see you not care. This isn't so much about wins and losses as it is a coach who is not a role model or a real man who feels the need to bash his players to feel like he is a big stuff.

Here's why I think it's a big deal. First off, I'm a Bluefield grad, so I don't have any skin in the game. But I see what Marrs is doing down there. It's not the losing of games that is a problem, it's the way he (and/or his staff) are treating the players. I would guess that there are kids walking the halls at GHS that ought to be playing, but won't, due to the staff. Carlock was a legend, did a heck of a job, and from all I ever heard, was a good man.

I think that if there was a good man as head coach, and good men as assistant coaches, you wouldn't see this level of outrage. Again, the awful record is a byproduct of the problem, not the main problem.

There's really only one day a year I root against Graham. Otherwise, I always want to see the best out of them, and the current state of affairs on the Virginia side is sad.

Guest cj_vt

Marrs is as arrogant as it gets. I'm not sure why he is so arrogant because he has never really accomplished anything. It is very easy not to like him because of the way he carries himself. I'm from the outside looking in so I'm sure his players can't stand him either. He is not a good coach, not a coach the kids like, there a complaints on how he treats the kids so what are you Graham people waiting for.

You can complain about him as much as you want but until you get off the message boards and do something about it he will remain the coach. As arrogant as this man is you would imagine he has a state championship ring on every finger. He needs to be run out of town and you guys are the only ones that can do it.

I'll back you, GetMoney. This is getting ridiculous.

This isn't so much about wins and losses as it is a coach who is not a role model or a real man who feels the need to bash his players to feel like he is a big stuff.

That assumes way too much.

Now let me make assumptions.

I think you have a personal grudge against him and the only way you're willing to "get back" at him is by bashing him on message boards under the veil of That Which Is Best For Graham Football. If Graham were 9-1, would you be saying the same thing even if "WeeCee" was acting the same way? It's an honest question.