Grundy Golden Wave

Rhschamps04

I wanted to take this time to say to you all if this is the last time we play its been one heck of a ride i have always had alot of respect for that program and I wish it the best of luck. No this last game did not go as you had planned but you all gave it everything you had and that is all that can be asked of you all. You have done alot of great things this season so far winning all but 2 games and getting to host a playoff game is nothing to be ashamed of at all. So to the golden wave players,coaches,fans I want to wish the Golden Wave nothing but the best if this was the last time we see each other and Thanks for all the great moments.

Now that ive said that Grundy this next comment is nothing against you fans,players,staff the people I am talking about know who they are and if they can feel good about what they did then they disgust me. Tonight the chain gang took it opon themselves to attack kids I mean the comments got so bad that coach mance himself had to go out onto the field and get the refs to come over and put a stop to it. There is 0 excuse for the things that were said and if it had been my kids they were talking about i would be in the back of a police car right. Grown men attacking kids disgusting and thats all im going to say about it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a Grundy thread but I would like to add something on here about some of the Abingdon fans coming over to the visitors side running there mouths off show some class and stay on your side of the field or keep your mouths shut

I know this is a Grundy thread but I would like to add something on here about some of the Abingdon fans coming over to the visitors side running there mouths off show some class and stay on your side of the field or keep your mouths shut

Told you all to bring those eggs with you hahahaha. Just kidding

I wanted to take this time to say to you all if this is the last time we play its been one heck of a ride i have always had alot of respect for that program and I wish it the best of luck. No this last game did not go as you had planned but you all gave it everything you had and that is all that can be asked of you all. You have done alot of great things this season so far winning all but 2 games and getting to host a playoff game is nothing to be ashamed of at all. So to the golden wave players,coaches,fans I want to wish the Golden Wave nothing but the best if this was the last time we see each other and Thanks for all the great moments.

Now that ive said that Grundy this next comment is nothing against you fans,players,staff the people I am talking about know who they are and if they can feel good about what they did then they disgust me. Tonight the chain gang took it opon themselves to attack kids I mean the comments got so bad that coach mance himself had to go out onto the field and get the refs to come over and put a stop to it. There is 0 excuse for the things that were said and if it had been my kids they were talking about i would be in the back of a police car right. Grown men attacking kids disgusting and thats all im going to say about it.

I wanted to also say some of the same things that you have said but you beat me to it.

I will also miss the Grundy games and want to wish them all the luck in their upcoming playoff game and congrats on a great season !

I was talking to a couple of the fathers of some of the Richlands kids and they told me about some of the things that the chain gang had said to the Richlands players. Pretty bad, it's just too bad that had to go on in the last game between these 2 long time rivals.

Mance was furious with them and he keeps his cool better then most coaches I've seen over the years.

I know they don't reflect most of the Grundy fans and I hate to see a few give the rest a bad name.

No excuse for them to be saying anything to the players at all ! But I will say, the ref handled it pretty fast after coach Mance had a talk with him !

I don't know what went on with the chain gang...this is the first I've heard of it...stuff like that shouldn't be going on though...I've been on the visitors side every game so far this year except for this game, and I've never heard those guys say a word to anyone if it was the usual crew.

Its been a couple of years or so since I have had a Grundy game @ Grundy, but we havent had an issue with their usual chain gang either. Things like that can serve as a bad distraction for officials when chain gangs don't realize how they are supposed to act.

Wow, How dare you say Grundy was bad mouthing anyone!

yeah too bad our chain gang wasn't working the game in Tazewell, would have given you guys one more thing to whine about.

They may have not been the regular chain gang guys that do every game for grundy but the guys that were there last night should be dealt with not sure what else can be done other than making sure they are not allowed to do it again.

my favorite part of the game was when the refs called for a time out to measure, and we still got a delay of game afterwards? not sure how we managed to pull that off.

hahaha we were all laughing in the booth over that still not sure how that happend made no sense to anyone.

hahaha we were all laughing in the booth over that still not sure how that happend made no sense to anyone.

yeah we had like 3 min to get a play together and just couldn't do it...wasn't even close really...too much time to think about it i guess...probably changed the play a couple of times...which is in itslef kind of funny because we only ran about 4 or 5 plays all night...run left, run right, sweep left, sweep right, and the old fake punt and halfback pass just to keep you honest lol.

I looked for you last night at Grundy and but I wasn't sure which one you were. I saw several with camera's and didn't want to go up to all of them and ask.....are you Lance....lol ! I just wanted to introduce myself and meet ya !

But I enjoyed the game last night. The field has come a long way ( except of course for all the rain which can't be helped ) from back in my days.......way back in the 70's and the Grundy fans I talk too were all very friendly and wished us luck in the playoffs.

I just hate that what happened with the chain gang hadn't happened but it was handled by the refs once Mance had his talk with them.

Good luck to Grundy in the playoffs and hope we see you in the regional finals !

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2010/nov/06/prep-football-richlands-stops-grundy-swd-showdown-ar-635173/

"There were a couple of plays we should have made, that could have made it a little closer," Grundy coach Greg Rowe said. "It’s just tough to play them. Richlands has some good talented football players of their own, then they bring in other good players, a quarterback from Tazewell, a running back from Big Creek, another player from Patrick Henry, and that makes it tougher.

First of all, I want to congratulate the Golden Wave on their season and I am proud they will continue to be a SWD representative in the playoffs. They have really turned their program around. It is due to the players and coaches dedication and commitment.

When reading the writeup in the BHC this morning, I have to admit I got a little rankled by Coach Rowe's above statement. Firstly, Richlands did not BRING in these players, they transferred. Secondly, Coach Mance would have taken the high road and never have made such a comment, to justify a loss, if these students had transferred to Grundy to play.

Again, this is not disparaging remarks toward the Wave or their fans, but I feel it was lack of wisdom on Coach Rowe's part.

Lance, thanks for posting the pics of the game.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I also always liked playing Grundy and hate to see it end and as I stated earlier, I wish them all the luck in the world in the playoffs, but I'm sorry to hear those comments coming from a head coach.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2010/nov/06/prep-football-richlands-stops-grundy-swd-showdown-ar-635173/

"There were a couple of plays we should have made, that could have made it a little closer," Grundy coach Greg Rowe said. "It’s just tough to play them. Richlands has some good talented football players of their own, then they bring in other good players, a quarterback from Tazewell, a running back from Big Creek, another player from Patrick Henry, and that makes it tougher.

First of all, I want to congratulate the Golden Wave on their season and I am proud they will continue to be a SWD representative in the playoffs. They have really turned their program around. It is due to the players and coaches dedication and commitment.

When reading the writeup in the BHC this morning, I have to admit I got a little rankled by Coach Rowe's above statement. Firstly, Richlands did not BRING in these players, they transferred. Secondly, Coach Mance would have taken the high road and never have made such a comment, to justify a loss, if these students had transferred to Grundy to play.

Again, this is not disparaging remarks toward the Wave or their fans, but I feel it was lack of wisdom on Coach Rowe's part.

Lance, thanks for posting the pics of the game.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Coach Rowe didn't say anything that isn't true for one...Richlands does have players from those schools that xfr'd in...if it wasn't legal they wouldn't be playing...so there is nothing wrong with it...he was just saying Richlands had a good team to begin with before you add in the ones that xfr'd in...and those kids made them even better...i wouldn't read much more in to it than that.

Coach Rowe didn't say anything that isn't true for one...Richlands does have players from those schools that xfr'd in...if it wasn't legal they wouldn't be playing...so there is nothing wrong with it...he was just saying Richlands had a good team to begin with before you add in the ones that xfr'd in...and those kids made them even better...i wouldn't read much more in to it than that.

I agree Rowe didn't say anything worng, but it did make him sound like a very sore looser.

I agree Rowe didn't say anything worng, but it did make him sound like a very sore looser.

might have come across that way, but i doubt he meant it that way...just my opinion. If he was looking to take a cheap shot at Richlands he could have made it a lot worse than that.