To win a state title...

wave316

I'm not familiar with the southwest district playoff schedule. Would Richlands have to face perhaps Christiansburg to take it all this year for a state title?

they are the top two seeds in Region IV D3...if they meet it would be for the Region IV title and the winner would move on to State Semi's.

Just wonder how the people at Richlands would like this if it is true. It would probably be the night cap game if it is true.

more people there, much nicer stadium...i would think the kids would get a kick out of it.

I heard the Region IV D3 Title game will be played at UVA Wise as part of a triple header.

I can't say if true or not but it wouldn't make the least bit of sense to me if it was true, Richlands had to go to Cave last year and play them on their home field now Richlands earns the right to play at home and they agree to move the game 2 hours away I would be completely shocked if this was anything more than a rumor. Ernie Hicks gives Richlands one of the most clear home field advantages in Southwest Virginia why give that away?

I can't say if true or not but it wouldn't make the least bit of sense to me if it was true, Richlands had to go to Cave last year and play them on their home field now Richlands earns the right to play at home and they agree to move the game 2 hours away I would be completely shocked if this was anything more than a rumor. Ernie Hicks gives Richlands one of the most clear home field advantages in Southwest Virginia why give that away?

Legion Field has been a huge Home Field Advantage to GC in the playoffs too but they have been forced to play at Wise the past two years with the so called #1 seed. With that being said if this is true Richlands could be the next #1 seed to be forced to play at Wise.

same playing surface, much nicer stadium, Richlands would still fill the place up, you would get to watch 3 good games in the same day if you wanted to, kids would get to play in front of a huge crowd that actually has a place to sit instead of hanging on a fence around the track for 4 qtrs....makes sense to me...probably be a bigger gate for the VHSL since they take all the playoff money anyway. You guys can still run out of your inflatable football helmet and play sandman...and all that sort of thing...be just like a home game.

I can see wanting to play at home as well...but either way i think it would be ok....worst case, if it is at Wise then I still think it would be a good experience for the kids.

same playing surface, much nicer stadium, Richlands would still fill the place up, you would get to watch 3 good games in the same day if you wanted to, kids would get to play in front of a huge crowd that actually has a place to sit instead of hanging on a fence around the track for 4 qtrs....makes sense to me...probably be a bigger gate for the VHSL since they take all the playoff money anyway. You guys can still run out of your inflatable football helmet and play sandman...and all that sort of thing...be just like a home game.

I can see wanting to play at home as well...but either way i think it would be ok....worst case, if it is at Wise then I still think it would be a good experience for the kids.

I haven't heard anything about it. It is a nice stadiim but it's not the same playing surface. They have 1970's style Astroturf. They do have slightly better lighting though, so I wouldn't be too upset if it were true.

I haven't heard anything about it. It is a nice stadiim but it's not the same playing surface. They have 1970's style Astroturf. They do have slightly better lighting though, so I wouldn't be too upset if it were true.

they have the old astroturf over there? thought for sure they had field turf...wow. I have been there a few times and never noticed that.

they have the old astroturf over there? thought for sure they had field turf...wow. I have been there a few times and never noticed that.

Yeah, it's astroturf. I've heard they plan to get field turf but I don't know when.

I heard the Region IV D3 Title game will be played at UVA Wise as part of a triple header.

It's my understanding that Richlands has home field through regional semi-finials and will have to travel for regional title game. And I have not heard anything about the title game being at UVA wise. And I don't think any Ronoake team or any team further east would agree to travel that far.

Edited by RHS1987

This is the first I have heard of this, and if I were a betting man, I would say that this is only a rumor.

With that being said, I really hope they don't move the game. I mean I love Wise, I went to school there, but I really don't see any benefit for Richlands in this. I do however see several negatives. One would be the concession stand. The Richlands Lions Club, which runs Richlands concession stand, would lose a lot of money from missing out on that play-off game...not to mention the school gets 1/4 of the money they bring in. I'm not sure who would run concessions at the game, but I don't see any community organization being able to.

Legion Field has been a huge Home Field Advantage to GC in the playoffs too but they have been forced to play at Wise the past two years with the so called #1 seed. With that being said if this is true Richlands could be the next #1 seed to be forced to play at Wise.

I would assume the games were moved there to make sure playing conditions were optimal....I wouldn't think that's a concern at Richlands.

Found out last night it is just rumor. But to answer the concession part each team gets the money from it. The Lions club would get to run it and still watch the game had this been true.

Found out last night it is just rumor. But to answer the concession part each team gets the money from it. The Lions club would get to run it and still watch the game had this been true.

I figured as much. But that would have been an interesting situation with the concession stand had it been true. Trying to get everyone's supplies in and out of the stand in between games. Not to mention transporting all the food an drinks from Richlands to Wise.

But, if so the not sure how they work out the concessions. Hopefully if it doesn't end up who did it last year, they ran out of soda before the end of the 1st quarter of the GC game. Yet another reason this one place for the games isn't all it's cracked up to be. :)