Abingdon vs Magna Vista

pdfan

Don't know alot about the Falcons other than Hess is a good QB. Do they run their "O" mostly out of the spread? Also what kind of D do they run, and do they have alot of team speed? Should be a good game Friday, and to all the Falcon fans making the trip to Ridgeway have a safe trip and we will see you at "The Hole" on Friday night!!

i dont know what happened at Marion...but Abingdon has potential to score 40+ points passing the ball...the defense couldn't stop a JV team though...so...going in to last week i figured they would roll marion and that didn't happen...so not sure what to think anymore? Hess is the key, if he gets hot, look out...Abingdon is dangerous when Hess is on.

Magan Vista wins this game big they will have to much speed for the falcons Marion was in the backfield almost all night on Hess and I know Magna Vista has more speed than Marion does. Magna Vista by 21+

gosh if we are so bad then marion must be awful, because we beat you

I only know about Magna Vista what I have seen on TV highlights, but having seen Abingdon, this is what I expect may happen. Abingdon can be gashed by runs up the gut and is somewhat limited in team speed. Magna Vista will expose the run defense early and as Abingdon adjusts, the Magna Vista team speed will turn the game in to a track meet. If Hess can stay composed it might stay a game until the 4th quarter. Otherwise this could get ugly.

I laugh at most prediction on this board because of their love or hate affair for that team. Some just can not stop being a “fanaticâ€

Abingdon has some speed... just depends on the position unfortunately. Marion had a good defense setup and wet/cold/muddy conditions that limited what Abingdon is good at. Abingdon is not a good running team. It's not bashing on their RB or online, but it goes both ways. AHS running back sometimes loses sight of cutback lanes and holes because he's to focus on the defender, and the online sometimes just completely misses their block. They are better pass blockers (which usually is the other way for most oline)

Abingdon is going to have to score some points Friday night because their defense will have a hard time stopping Magna Vista's run. Abingdon's front 7 is going to have to keep the ball inside and infront of them. However, Abingdon can score and move the ball if they open things up. Widner and Dawson both have good speed that can cause magna vista problems... Give Hess time and Abingdon can keep it close.

What's great about high school and college is that these are 14-18 year old kids and anything can happen in one night. That's why it's so exciting.

Magna Vistas running game is wayyyy too potent to be stopped. Factor that in with the fact the games in the "Hole", it just dosnt look good for Abingon. We have been there several times. The 12th man there is a huge help for them. I wont put a score. But MV by 21.

I laugh at most prediction on this board because of their love or hate affair for that team. Some just can not stop being a “fanaticâ€

Abingdon has some speed... just depends on the position unfortunately. Marion had a good defense setup and wet/cold/muddy conditions that limited what Abingdon is good at. Abingdon is not a good running team. It's not bashing on their RB or online, but it goes both ways. AHS running back sometimes loses sight of cutback lanes and holes because he's to focus on the defender, and the online sometimes just completely misses their block. They are better pass blockers (which usually is the other way for most oline)

Abingdon is going to have to score some points Friday night because their defense will have a hard time stopping Magna Vista's run. Abingdon's front 7 is going to have to keep the ball inside and infront of them. However, Abingdon can score and move the ball if they open things up. Widner and Dawson both have good speed that can cause magna vista problems... Give Hess time and Abingdon can keep it close.

What's great about high school and college is that these are 14-18 year old kids and anything can happen in one night. That's why it's so exciting.

Magna Vista will blitz alot,they have all year. They have very good speed on both sides of the ball. Very few if any players go both ways so they usually play at a quick pace the whole game. They never huddle on offence so they keep pressure on opponents D most all night. Not only do they run the ball well, but Taylor has thrown for 1400 yards and around 15-16 td's this year. With that being said I agree that with 14-18 year old kids anything can and usually will happen. That is why the games are won or lost on the field and not on the computer screen!! Again safe trip to "The Hole" and good luck to the Falcons!

PS Get some rest on the way down to Ridgeway, it is a long walk from the locker rooms to the field(1/4 of a mile or so). Not good planning when they built the school!

Magan Vista wins this game big they will have to much speed for the falcons Marion was in the backfield almost all night on Hess and I know Magna Vista has more speed than Marion does. Magna Vista by 21+

In all honesty, abingdon vs marion probably wasnt the,best game abingdon has played. But doesnt every team have those games? Abingdon did beat marion, maybe by one point but one point is all it takes. And abingdon has played well this year and I think if the boys, offense and deffense go in and play hard they have a chance. Hess is on his passing game, so his blockers need to be on the same level. And the defense is good also when they are playing at their best. So dont count these boys out, they may just have a chance

Serious post here....why all the bashing of the Abingdn D? Marion was given every chance to win that game and the Abingdon D stopped them (save 1 TD). Now, I realize that RHS scored very often, but it was close at halftime, no? I didn't go, nor was able to listen to, the Carroll County game so I can't comment on that game at all. For the people that have commented negatively about the Abingdon D....is it their run defense or pass defense that you feel is lacking? WHat about MV's offense is a concern for the Abingdon D? Again, serious post....not looking to start a riot here....serious replies please.

Serious post here....why all the bashing of the Abingdn D? Marion was given every chance to win that game and the Abingdon D stopped them (save 1 TD). Now, I realize that RHS scored very often, but it was close at halftime, no? I didn't go, nor was able to listen to, the Carroll County game so I can't comment on that game at all. For the people that have commented negatively about the Abingdon D....is it their run defense or pass defense that you feel is lacking? WHat about MV's offense is a concern for the Abingdon D? Again, serious post....not looking to start a riot here....serious replies please.

I can't speak for every game but I know what I saw against us and the D wasn't that bad. I thought they had some of the better pass coverage I had seen all year. It was hard to run on them for us. Now I know our team needed lots of work but still yet they pretty much shut down Grundy in the second half

Its the run game of MV that is exceptional. But if you try to stop the run, they will just sling it aroung. But for the most part, the team speed of MV will prevail.

Hey PDFAN longtime no see. Dont worry about them WARRIORS they will be fine. MV will win 50-7. The HOLE is a bad place to play. Abingdon will get introduced to some football tonight. The WINE AND CHEESETTS wont know what it them. WARRIORS WARRIOS HOO HOO