Cave Spring @ Richlands

mv91

You hit the nail on the head. Grundy struggled to beat Abingdon and was only two scores better than Tazewell. If I'm not mistaken, Richlands scored on 3 of their first seven plays against Grundy...in the freakin' mud.

talk all the shit you want about grundy, but abingdon wasn't as bad of a team that everyone makes them out to be..imo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think spread with short 6 yard passes...not much pressure to be had. They go no huddle, check the defense, QB checks with the coach on the sideline to see if they have any hot reads...then they just fun & gun it short and the WR's use speed from there...if nothing is open the QB just takes off...it's simple but effective...that's what they did to us anyway...cliff notes version.

Quick little 3 step drop & pops can be tough to D up there's no question about it. Hopefully our D will be up to the challenge.

Our coaches usually do a pretty good job of scouting and scheming to contain what the other team likes to do, but when a team has a lot of speed and a very good QB you just never know.

It should be a great game to see who can impose their will more and who can slow down the others offense the best ! Could be a classic !

talk all the shit you want about grundy, but abingdon wasn't as bad of a team that everyone makes them out to be..imo

Hess got hot in the 2nd half...that happens sometimes. Seems like Abingdon was hit and miss...we were weak against the pass all year, were lucky enough to have DB's that could make the most out of an underthrown jump ball...when people threw it long and didn't under throw it we got roasted.

Quick little 3 step drop & pops can be tough to D up there's no question about it. Hopefully our D will be up to the challenge.

Our coaches usually do a pretty good job of scouting and scheming to contain what the other team likes to do, but when a team has a lot of speed and a very good QB you just never know.

It should be a great game to see who can impose their will more and who can slow down the others offense the best ! Could be a classic !

that's what i think it will be, i'm gonna say Richlands-42 Cave-28 with it being a tight game till the 4th when the blues impose their will on the knights.

All I know is that martinsville was very very fast and other than 3 plays the blues held them in check all night long. I think cave is a very good team but with that being said Richlands stayed with them for most of the game last year and you can not tell me this year cave is 100 times better than what they were last year but that can be said for Richlands.

Martinsville got a tipped ball for a TD, blown cover for a TD and kickoff return for a TD, so I think the Blues pretty much kept them in check all night. This game could have as easily been 63-7 as easy as it was 63-19 but all that don't really matter since all we need is 1 point better. With that being said, CS is a different animal and will be alot harder to contain.

I hope our D-line gets pressure on the CS QB and hits him a couple of times early. Maybe give him something to think about each time he drops back. If not, it may be a long night. But you are right Mance and the boy's do a great job with scouting and having the team ready.

2 words stick out to me in this post..."last" and "year".

Richlands by 3 td's. I hope they represent the SWD well, they're our only hope lately.

and you better hope that doesn't turn out to be "this" and "year".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs52

You look like Butterbean as well! lol..... Well if you would have taken that cap off I could have gotten a better look!

don't hate me because i'm sexy...

Is Big sexy going to be in the house Friday night?

and you better hope that doesn't turn out to be "this" and "year".

I have faith in the local team. Richlands wins and wins big...I just think they're going to be fired up and ready for revenge. In front of 7,000 or 8,000 fans (and screaming and hollerin SWVA fans...at that).....and the trip from Roanoke...I think it'll be a bit much for Cave to handle...

I agree with your assessment of Cave, however. But this Richlands team is special, I haven't seen a team of this caliber in the SWD in quite a while. If they don't beat Cave, it'll dash my hopes for the SWD being able to compete in the future...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs52

You look like Butterbean as well! lol..... Well if you would have taken that cap off I could have gotten a better look!

don't hate me because i'm sexy...

Is Big sexy going to be in the house Friday night?

of course...unless something comes up...not many games left this year, have to make the most of it lol...it's a long way to August.

if you want to talke bout last year when austin ran out of the eye formation cs could not stop it but he was sick and could not run the ball in the second half. This year will be rhs by 3 td not ego talking just a fans opinion that's seen a lot of rhs football in 32 yrs the best all around team by far ever for rhs. I went up and watched cs aginst cb close game for a half then cb ran away rhs is bigger than cb so just stay calm and don't give up a lot early and they blues will be playin next saterday.

I was also going to mention the trouble Cave had defending Austin Johnson last year. They absolutely couldn't stop him which leads me to believe that Bradley Strong, Devon Johnson, Austin will give them fits this year. I also believe the accuracy of Lockhart is an improvement from last year.

As has already mentioned, it wasn't the speed that killed Richlands. According to Maxpreps, Qb Woodrum's 40 time is 4.69.......which is not blistering fast.

of course...unless something comes up...not many games left this year, have to make the most of it lol...it's a long way to August.

I forgot to send out a congrats to the wave for such a good year! Hope ya make it and I hope our season does not end Friday....August is to far away!

As has already mentioned, it wasn't the speed that killed Richlands. According to Maxpreps, Qb Woodrum's 40 time is 4.69.......which is not blistering fast.

he ran all over them last year... just saying..

i'm assuming they'll have a better gameplan for him this year

he ran all over them last year... just saying..

i'm assuming they'll have a better gameplan for him this year

The reason he ran all over us last year was not because he outran us the Line that he had was outstanding and all he had to do was walk though the hole if he wanted to this year i do not believe they will be able to do that at all.

On of the reasons the qb ran on them was because the bunker kid was playin in his 3rd game I think and all could see he was a little lost it was a brand new system anyone would be lost but he has done a he.. of a job this year and devon has done well there also so the blues should be fine.

I think Richlands wins this game by 1 point, or 2 points, or 3 points, or 1 td, or 2td, or 3td, or 4td, or 5td....................figured I would stretch it out so I have a chance at predicting the score.LOL. Seriously I think this will be a wonderful football game.