Cave Spring @ Richlands

mv91

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hummility is a virtue that a lot of you Guys need to learn. It only makes you stronger. I think Richlands will win but it only hurts our team to blow so much smoke up their A$$ and completely discount the defending Region 4 champs. I hope you're egos don't effect our team and their quest for a state Title. A true sportsman just plays the game and is humble in a win and congratulatory in a loss.

exactly what i was talking about in my other post, its the EGO that makes it hard to pull for them, but like i said some have class like this post

Hummility is a virtue that a lot of you Guys need to learn. It only makes you stronger. I think Richlands will win but it only hurts our team to blow so much smoke up their A$$ and completely discount the defending Region 4 champs. I hope you're egos don't effect our team and their quest for a state Title. A true sportsman just plays the game and is humble in a win and congratulatory in a loss.

Spelling is also a virtue. "Humility" only has one "m" in it. I'm not a smoke blower. I stated that if we came to play, Richlands is 3 touchdowns better. If they don't come to play, the season will end. Football is a "what have you done for me lately" sport. Northside is the defending Division 3 State Champion. Where are they? After this past Friday night, they are at the house and will not "defend" anything. I don't think anybody is discounting Cave Spring. Everybody in Richlands wants to see the Blues whip their hiney. I agree with your assessment on a true sportsman. However, a true champion prepares vigorously to be humble in a win, rather than suffer the fate of being congratulatory in a loss. And by the way, I don't think the futbolking is a Richlands fan.

I agree! But; The team will not pay any attn to any quote or anybody blowing smoke this week. The coaches will remind the boys of last years game.

CS may be fast but RHS is loaded with speed as well. This one should be a good one. If RHS wins it will be B/o the O and D line.

Yeah, but I'm just some dude making a prediction on a computer...I say Richlands by 3 td's....

and no I'm not a fan of Richlands...I just think they have a great team.

This will by far be our toughest test yet. We can't afford to play like we did friday (blown coverages and puttin the football on the ground-havent done that all year). With that been said its nice to win 63-19 and probably being the worst game you have played all season (mistakes). If we come out and play Blues football we get the W but I look for a good football game and not a blowout but as long as we take care of business I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 14. In addition, Austin Johnson one of our speedsters didn't play (not sure why) hopefully he will be on the field.

Christiansburg kicked the crap out of CS. As long as we show up to play, we are about 3 touchdowns better than the Knights.

Richlands--35

Cave Spring--10

Yeah they may have but it don't matter what one team did to another!

Come on give me a break, I'm sure our coaching staff and players are hinged on every word posted on this website. Try not to give to much credit to this site!!!! Our players will not take any team for granted. You forget almost everyone of these boys played in this game last year and got beat!!!! Don't you think they know what to expect and how to be prepared to handle the adversity of the ups and downs of the game. Trust me, THE TEAM will not take this game lightly. They will be ready for four quarters. And as for the speed, well they had speed last year too. But I guess, Lance didn't get to see it last year. Each level of playoffs will get tougher, but guess what it's the PLAYOFFS for crying out loud, its supposed to get tougher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as for the speed, well they had speed last year too. But I guess, Lance didn't get to see it last year. Each level of playoffs will get tougher, but guess what it's the PLAYOFFS for crying out loud, its supposed to get tougher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah...and what was the score of that game last year?

Speed is not what beat last year it was CS Oline that got them. CS QB ran all over Richlands last year and right up the middle, he finished with over 200 yds. The QB beat the Blues last year period. I think Mance and company will remember this.

Speed is not what beat last year it was CS Oline that got them. CS QB ran all over Richlands last year and right up the middle, he finished with over 200 yds. The QB beat the Blues last year period. I think Mance and company will remember this.

Last years CS Oline where all seniors. This year RHS should have the exp advantage on the Oline and Dline. It will surprise me if CS can go up the middle this year. I think H. Brown and the rest of the middle of the D-line get overlooked. 54, 72, 52, 78, 58 do a great job. We are lucky to have that much Depth!

Last years CS Oline where all seniors. This year RHS should have the exp advantage on the Oline and Dline. It will surprise me if CS can go up the middle this year. I think H. Brown and the rest of the middle of the D-line get overlooked. 54, 72, 52, 78, 58 do a great job. We are lucky to have that much Depth!

they wont try to go up the middle on you...they will throw short passes and have big yards after the catch....the QB rolls out and if nothing is there will take off and get a few yards here and there. Passing game is where they will try to beat you.

..i am sure from an offensive standpoint they will hit the Blues with as much speed as they will have seen this year. I hope Coach Mance will realize they have the physical advantage and pound it out, i believe sometimes they get a little forgetful. I see them at times trying to throw it all over the lot. With a back like Johnson and the line they have, play ground and pound, and don't worry about the margin of victory. Keep the ball and grind the clock out. Win by 1 that's the only thing that matters this time of year.

Good luck to Richlands and i will be making the trip up to see this one Friday night.

This will by far be our toughest test yet. We can't afford to play like we did friday (blown coverages and puttin the football on the ground-havent done that all year). With that been said its nice to win 63-19 and probably being the worst game you have played all season (mistakes). If we come out and play Blues football we get the W but I look for a good football game and not a blowout but as long as we take care of business I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 14. In addition, Austin Johnson one of our speedsters didn't play (not sure why) hopefully he will be on the field.

Austin missed practice and was held out. If I were Devon my big brother would not miss anymore practices. He is very valuable especially against speed. I agree we should be OK but we need to play mistake free. I know the posters on here don't have any effect on the team but they do effect our legacy beyond the Richlands area. I would like to be known as good men and women as well as having a good football team.

I'm not sure who said spelling is a virtue but I thought it was pretty funny. I did not say I was perfect and make mistakes all the time and you can see that from my spelling.

We have a pretty good D line that I "think" will put their QB under a lot more pressure then he has seen in a while.

We also have pretty good D backs and our linebackers are pretty quick, but with all that being said, we can't have any blown coverages like we had a couple of times against Martinsville. Any of those and they will take it to the house.

Early in the Martinsville game we also allowed them to run up the middle on us a few times and they had a couple of big runs, but we made the adjustment and stopped that.

I think their D will have a hard time matching up with our O also. We have a lot of weapons that you have to account for. They will probably have the best D we have faced all year but, we will probably have the best "balanced" offense they have seen.

Yes I know they have played some very good teams and I didn't say the best running game or the best passing game, but I think the balance we have is what makes it so hard to stop the blues.

Just ask any coach we have played against. Along with our special teams.

I don't care what the final score is as long as we have more then them, if it's by 1 then great, we move on and play next week. That's all that matters.

It will be a tough, hard fought game and they are a very good football team !

Much respect for Cave Spring !

Yes, my point exactly! Richlands will not take this game lightly and I do have to admit that the Richlands team that Cave will meet Friday is a better team that last years. But, so you can have your day........lets wait and see what the outcome is on Friday night. If, Richlands gets beat on speed alone, I will be the first to stand corrected!!

..i am sure from an offensive standpoint they will hit the Blues with as much speed as they will have seen this year. I hope Coach Mance will realize they have the physical advantage and pound it out, i believe sometimes they get a little forgetful. I see them at times trying to throw it all over the lot. With a back like Johnson and the line they have, play ground and pound, and don't worry about the margin of victory. Keep the ball and grind the clock out. Win by 1 that's the only thing that matters this time of year.

Good luck to Richlands and i will be making the trip up to see this one Friday night.

Cave is so quick to score you don't want it that close, but if you can get up on them and control the clock one can keep it out of their hands.

Richlands didn't lose last years game because of speed or line play. What got the Blues beat last year was something Cave seen and took advanged of. Every time Cave were in 4 wide outs two to each side they would send the slot wr in motion. The LB covering the slot wr would move along with the man in motion when the Qb would fake the hand off to the running back the D would bite down leaving the DE trying to fight off the doubble team of the gard and Tackle. With no LB left on that side because of the motion Caves Qb had a filed day. He would have 10 or so yards every play before the saftey or other LB's could catch up. I don't think it will work this year and the Blues will get the W.

Cave is good, but destroying Grundy doesn't mean they're that great.....Everybody pretty much predicted that would happen.

You hit the nail on the head. Grundy struggled to beat Abingdon and was only two scores better than Tazewell. If I'm not mistaken, Richlands scored on 3 of their first seven plays against Grundy...in the freakin' mud.

We have a pretty good D line that I "think" will put their QB under a lot more pressure then he has seen in a while.

think spread with short 6 yard passes...not much pressure to be had. They go no huddle, check the defense, QB checks with the coach on the sideline to see if they have any hot reads...then they just fun & gun it short and the WR's use speed from there...if nothing is open the QB just takes off...it's simple but effective...that's what they did to us anyway...cliff notes version.