post like this kinda makes it tuff to pull for richlands

litltiger

Blue_Tornado

VaPreps Rookie

Post #235

MyFanPage

Add Buddy Re: Gate City please pass go Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gate City gets a free pass to the state semis.

They will beat Honaker like a rented Mule.

Game over by halftime.

Blue_Tornado

VaPreps Rookie

Post #235

MyFanPage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game over by halftime.

glad someone else thinks so too, i cant decide if i will or not, i respect a LOT of the posters on here, they have class (most do). anyway, i was looking around on "their" board and it just makes you wana hate them lol and i mean that in the nicest way possible, but either way i wish them good luck.

Blue_Tornado

VaPreps Rookie

Post #235

MyFanPage

Game over by halftime.

What do you have against rented mules? LOL!!!

That is just one man's opinion. There are plenty of Richlands fans pulling for Honaker. I am one. Love to see the Tigers go to state. However, one that has seen both teams play would think that Gate City is the HEAVY favorite. Which they are. That is why they play the games, though. Good Luck Honaker!!!!!!!

glad someone else thinks so too, i cant decide if i will or not, i respect a LOT of the posters on here, they have class (most do). anyway, i was looking around on "their" board and it just makes you wana hate them lol and i mean that in the nicest way possible, but either way i wish them good luck.

That's a Richlands board. There, we are all big Richlands fans and of course we are going to be blowing up the blues to each other.

Most of us on there have played for the blues and still have a lot of passion for the Blue & white.

But I do agree that some of our fans do need to have a little more respect for the other team at times.

Me included, but you get excited when you have a team as good as the blues have been this year. I know there have been times were I have typed something and when I went back to look at it again and I'm not happy about the way it sounds.

I always try to think about what I'm about to type, but sometimes it still comes across differently that what I intended.

That's a Richlands board. There, we are all big Richlands fans and of course we are going to be blowing up the blues to each other.

Most of us on there have played for the blues and still have a lot of passion for the Blue & white.

But I do agree that some of our fans do need to have a little more respect for the other team at times.

Me included, but you get excited when you have a team as good as the blues have been this year. I know there have been times were I have typed something and when I went back to look at it again and I'm not happy about the way it sounds.

I always try to think about what I'm about to type, but sometimes it still comes across differently that what I intended.

good and bad fans from all the schools .i guess this the bad side .good people in richlands also.getem bl bl bl,shoo wee i just cant get it out.blue .finally

Coming from a Gate City fan, this game can go either way. You all have size i heard but not much speed, we are the opposite (We don't have height haha) So it's not gonna be as big as a blow out as everyone thinks, if you all get out there, don't turn the ball over, run your offense, then you have as much as a chance as anyone. Just because our only 2 losses have came from arguably the best team in West Virginia and the best in Virginia doesn't mean anything. I mean hell we beat a 5a tennessee school. But that doesn't mean much. it's the playoffs and anything can happen. We can choke on one play and it all could be over in the blink of an eye (hence last year against Lebanon with the choice to take the safety and then they returned the kick off) So don't be intimidated, you all have as much chance as us and either way I wish you luck for this week, and for the future. You all have overcame obstacles to get where you are, just the same way we have.

Blue_Tornado

VaPreps Rookie

Post #235

MyFanPage

Game over by halftime.

What part of that is inaccurate?

What part of that is inaccurate?

first of all,those guys that have to get out there and hit and take hits doesnt feel like its a free pass.the rented mule i dont kno much about.sure they may wear honaker out pretty bad,but the risk of kids gettin hurt bad is also there.that stuff is just not considered a free pass.the game cant be over at halftime since they dont play till next weekend .so in my opinion its all inaccurate at this point.if it happens then ill say yea thats right we got stomped .its just not free to the guys that have to play and take the punishment of the game .good luck to gate city and honaker,we are praying for injury free game .not here to argue .all i said is that kinda of post makes it hard to hollar go blue .i didnt say honaker was gonna beat gate city or nothin out of the way about the blue tornados.i have family in richlands ,and i hope they do well.im done here .

first of all,those guys that have to get out there and hit and take hits doesnt feel like its a free pass.the rented mule i dont kno much about.sure they may wear honaker out pretty bad,but the risk of kids gettin hurt bad is also there.that stuff is just not considered a free pass.the game cant be over at halftime since they dont play till next weekend .so in my opinion its all inaccurate at this point.if it happens then ill say yea thats right we got stomped .its just not free to the guys that have to play and take the punishment of the game .good luck to gate city and honaker,we are praying for injury free game .not here to argue .all i said is that kinda of post makes it hard to hollar go blue .i didnt say honaker was gonna beat gate city or nothin out of the way about the blue tornados.i have family in richlands ,and i hope they do well.im done here .

Oh sheesh. Someone thinks your team will get beat...so what? If that's the only reason you don't want to pull for the Blues...then fine. But I would think the 61-22 stomping the Blues gave the Tigers would be a better reason...or heck, even use my last comment as an excuse. :D

lol,you southbound wanna be..hahaha...we are all human..i just think its cool we still got a few teams that can bring back the hardware from those nothern peeps..after regions i pull for all area teams except one or two..lol,guess which ones..lol

Fair enough. But given Honaker's performances against Gate City's performances, Gate City should be heavily favored. In the 3-4 score range.

are the same guys that run richlands website the same ones that are on the radio? cause it would make sense.... homers! haha

Now that’s funny!

If it’s a Richlands website and a Richlands broadcast wouldn’t it stand to reason it would favor Richlands? All websites and radio stations favor their particular team.

Actually Dave and Rocky do a very good job of being fair to the opponent. When they see a bad call, they comment on it, but they don’t run it in the ground. I have heard them on several occasions this year take the side of the official on calls against Richlands. Very few times this season have they criticized the refs. All the broadcasts are on bluetornadofootball.com. Check it out. You might be enlightened. If you’re saying they support Richlands High School Football, well of course they do. That’s their job. Same with Emory & Henry if you haven’t noticed. And there’s not a thing wrong with that. Ever listen to a Va. Tech broadcast? A Mountaineers broadcast? Alabama? New Your Yankees? They all support their respective teams, as they should. But like I said, Dave and Rocky do an excellent job being objective and fair.

Edited by blueinbama

Oh sheesh. Someone thinks your team will get beat...so what? If that's the only reason you don't want to pull for the Blues...then fine. But I would think the 61-22 stomping the Blues gave the Tigers would be a better reason...or heck, even use my last comment as an excuse. :D

I don't think littltiger was upset about someone thinking HONAKER was going to loose,that's good modivation for the TIGERS.I believe he thinks Richlands and Honaker should support one another being they are so geographically close and don't compete for district or state championships against each other.I believe for the most part they do but it only takes one bad apple.He didn't say he would not pull for them it just makes it tuff.

ps-I would at least pick a team within the same classification before I started bragging about stomping's.

I don't think littltiger was upset about someone thinking HONAKER was going to loose,that's good modivation for the TIGERS.I believe he thinks Richlands and Honaker should support one another being they are so geographically close and don't compete for district or state championships against each other.I believe for the most part they do but it only takes one bad apple.He didn't say he would not pull for them it just makes it tuff.

ps-I would at least pick a team within the same classification before I started bragging about stomping's.

lol,you southbound wanna be..hahaha...we are all human..i just think its cool we still got a few teams that can bring back the hardware from those nothern peeps..after regions i pull for all area teams except one or two..lol,guess which ones..lol

I'm pulling for any of the SWVA teams who have a chance to bring home the hardware. I'm sick of the East/Northern people looking down on us. Good luck to our local teams!!! That includes Bluefield....

Now that’s funny!

If it’s a Richlands website and a Richlands broadcast wouldn’t it stand to reason it would favor Richlands? All websites and radio stations favor their particular team.

Actually Dave and Rocky do a very good job of being fair to the opponent. When they see a bad call, they comment on it, but they don’t run it in the ground. I have heard them on several occasions this year take the side of the official on calls against Richlands. Very few times this season have they criticized the refs. All the broadcasts are on bluetornadofootball.com. Check it out. You might be enlightened. If you’re saying they support Richlands High School Football, well of course they do. That’s their job. Same with Emory & Henry if you haven’t noticed. And there’s not a thing wrong with that. Ever listen to a Va. Tech broadcast? A Mountaineers broadcast? Alabama? New Your Yankees? They all support their respective teams, as they should. But like I said, Dave and Rocky do an excellent job being objective and fair.

just poking a little fun.. i enjoy ron brown better but i'm glad they broadcast too because that's the only station i can pick up at work

I'm pulling for any of the SWVA teams who have a chance to bring home the hardware. I'm sick of the East/Northern people looking down on us. Good luck to our local teams!!! That includes Bluefield....

Couldn't agree more ! I will pull for Honaker because I have a lot of friends and family from there and my wife works in that area and I have always pulled for them when they were not playing the Blues ! I try to make a least one or 2 of their games a year ! I went down to Powell to watch them last week. But if Gate City wins, then I will be a huge Gate City fan from there on out and any other teams from our area that move on ! I have a lot of respect for what Gate City has done over the years and the way they've done it.

Couldn't agree more ! I will pull for Honaker because I have a lot of friends and family from there and my wife works in that area and I have always pulled for them when they were not playing the Blues ! I try to make a least one or 2 of their games a year ! I went down to Powell to watch them last week. But if Gate City wins, then I will be a huge Gate City fan from there on out and any other teams from our area that move on ! I have a lot of respect for what Gate City has done over the years and the way they've done it.

I am disappointed in you.... hahaha jk

I am disappointed in you.... hahaha jk

Any other game and I'm as big a Gate City fan as there is, but we ( my wife & I ) know some of the players and their family's and her and I both have family in the Honaker area and she graduated from there. My wife has also taught several of the players too. My Grandfather played for Honaker so I have a lot of ties there.

But any other time I'm there with you......oooppps except of course when you play my Blues ....LOL !.......sorry bout that !