My time's up here

battleftbl

Some think I wish to hide who I am, or what I do. That is not the case. I have no reason to.

My name is Joe Simpson. I run the ISS program at John S. Battle High School. This is my 3rd year here at JSB. I took this year off from coaching because I've been out of town alot over the summer due to my daughter's Cochlear Implant surgery, and many, many doctors appointments at Vanderbilt University. I've posted on here alot over this past year while I wasnt coaching, just enjoying the game, and enjoying talking about the game with other great fans. Our offseason program starts up after Thanksgiving break and I'll be resuming my coaching career and feel it's better to stop posting. I know alot of Battle players are on here, and didnt know who I was. I've always built you all up on here, and the higher your confidence went, the better you played. These kids know that I'll do anything for em, and I'm always here for em. Even if It means losing a bet and using an Abingdon avatar for a few weeks. My main goal is to become a headcoach a few years down the road, but am committed to continue building this program from the ground up and doing the best job I can for these kids.

I've enjoyed the board, even arguing with our two favorite falcons, and will continue to read everyone's post, just not comment or post as I feel it's better not to in the role Im in. Good luck to all area teams this weekend and for the remainder of the 2010 playoffs.

Been great being a fan, but now it's back to doing what I love. Wish everyone a happy thanksgiving.

Some think I wish to hide who I am, or what I do. That is not the case. I have no reason to.

My name is Joe Simpson. I run the ISS program at John S. Battle High School. This is my 3rd year here at JSB. I took this year off from coaching because I've been out of town alot over the summer due to my daughter's Cochlear Implant surgery, and many, many doctors appointments at Vanderbilt University. I've posted on here alot over this past year while I wasnt coaching, just enjoying the game, and enjoying talking about the game with other great fans. Our offseason program starts up after Thanksgiving break and I'll be resuming my coaching career and feel it's better to stop posting. I know alot of Battle players are on here, and didnt know who I was. I've always built you all up on here, and the higher your confidence went, the better you played. These kids know that I'll do anything for em, and I'm always here for em. Even if It means losing a bet and using an Abingdon avatar for a few weeks. My main goal is to become a headcoach a few years down the road, but am committed to continue building this program from the ground up and doing the best job I can for these kids.

I've enjoyed the board, even arguing with our two favorite falcons, and will continue to read everyone's post, just not comment or post as I feel it's better not to in the role Im in. Good luck to all area teams this weekend and for the remainder of the 2010 playoffs.

Been great being a fan, but now it's back to doing what I love. Wish everyone a happy thanksgiving.

Best of luck in the future, Joe...prayers go out to you and your daughter and the family...Happy Thanksgiving.

Best wishes to you and hoping that coaching job is soon a reality--

May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving--

God bless from one Blues supporter to a Trojan supporter--

Life has many choices---eternity two

Good luck and GOD bless Joe. I hope you're daughter does fine as I am also the father of a girl. She will be in my prayers. Daddy's little girl is something only those of us who have daughters can understand.

Hate to see a well respected poster leave teh board. But good luck with your career. Prayers for your family as well.

Joe, it's been a pleasure over the last while to read what you've contributed to this board. You've been classy, and it's been an honor. My very best wishes for your daughter in her recovery from cochlear implant, and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as well.

And I, for one, hope that your coaching goes beyond your expectations. Who knows where the head coaching role might take you!

Joe, your a classy guy! Best wishes to you and your family in the days to come. Your posts were very helpful to me when I needed info about Battle football players . Two young men played in our All-Star game last year and you helped reveal their heart and hard work ethics as players,which prompted me to ask them to play. This year Casey Booher and Luke Green will wear Battle helmets over at the new Science Hill Field and represent team Va in our FCA -ALL-Star game December 18th. Hope you can come ,it would be a pleasure to meet you. God Bless. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Coach Simpson, it has been a pleasure reading and responding to your thoughtful insight. Someone has already said it, but I want to reiterate how fortunate a group of guys are to get the opportunity to play for you. If you coach anything like you write, you will make a great impact on the lives of many, many young men.

Also, your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you all the best.