Richlands @ Brookville

mv91

No doubt he is fast, but how the hell do you cramp up in cold weather? Come on, one he just plays when he wants to or two he is out of shape....

He missed the first 5 games. He came back against Tazewell. So in reality, he is in about week 6 shape. Plus with 2 months off without cardio traning...its easy to see it then.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt he is fast, but how the hell do you cramp up in cold weather? Come on, one he just plays when he wants to or two he is out of shape....

Hey man ,don't hit so hard this is football! LOL!!!give me some prime time brother!

This game is really hard to judge, haven't seen Brookville play at all...would be interested to know if anybody has seen them play and know how Richlands may match up....At this level, Richlands had better bring their A game, or they could be in for a long night.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that Richlands wins 35 to 28 and give em some credit that they deserve after a tough CS game last week. Richlands has to play mistake free football this week if they want the W.

This game is really hard to judge, haven't seen Brookville play at all...would be interested to know if anybody has seen them play and know how Richlands may match up....At this level, Richlands had better bring their A game, or they could be in for a long night.

Speaking from the opposite end of that spectrum, I haven't seen Richlands play but I've seen Brookville a couple of times.

Based on everything I know and assume, this one is a dead heat on paper. Outcome will likely be decided by turnovers and/or penalties.

Brookville is a good team and we will have to bring our A game. But everyone had better bring their A game in the playoffs. If you look at Brookvilles body of work this season you will see that they only beat four teams during the regular season with wining records(at or over 500). Four of those teams had 3 wins or less. What I'm trying to say is their record is impressive with one loss but I think CS played a much tougher schedule and may be a little better than Brookville. I guess we will find out on Saturday. I hope our boys come out and play the way we know they can play and we get another W!!

If you use the records of opponents to judge the teams then we would just suck. I as a Richlands fan know how follish it is to use the records of opponents to judge how good a team is. I figure Brookville is the best team we have faced since they are in the semi-finals of the State and no-one else we have played is, except gate city and they are in D2. I think it will be a dogfight to the end. We need to play mistake free (no turnovers like last week and keep penalties to a minimum). I think we can win but it will not be easy,especially there. Last time we were there they left a bad taste in my mouth. Its been a long time since we have had a loss like that. I'm sure our seniors remember it as well but maybe thats not all bad.

A bad taste left in your mouth is not a bad thing at all. A little extra motivation to go with ALL the motivation the rhs players already have, that is ALOT of motivation. :)

Cant wait for Saturday!!!

GO BLUES!!!!

If you use the records of opponents to judge the teams then we would just suck. I as a Richlands fan know how follish it is to use the records of opponents to judge how good a team is. I figure Brookville is the best team we have faced since they are in the semi-finals of the State and no-one else we have played is, except gate city and they are in D2. I think it will be a dogfight to the end. We need to play mistake free (no turnovers like last week and keep penalties to a minimum). I think we can win but it will not be easy,especially there. Last time we were there they left a bad taste in my mouth. Its been a long time since we have had a loss like that. I'm sure our seniors remember it as well but maybe thats not all bad.

I agree it will be a dogfight. And Brookville may be the best team we have faced. I was giving food for thought. Our seniors remember what happened last time and I think thats a good thing. Will make them play harder.

I kinda knew what you were doing RHS1987. I was just saying we need to be ready for them more than anybody else we have played since it is on the road. I am like you and think it is good that our guys remember the a$$ kicking we had there last time. Maybe our offensive and defensive lines will be ready to just play some snot slinging smashmouth football. I think if they get fired up and stay that way they can pretty much just outperform anybody we play this year up front. We should be able to run it down anybodys throat when we really want to. If our offensive line lacks anything it is just being mean all the time. I am not talking about dirty but just want to put the opposition on their butts every play. I think we can.

it may very well be closer, the only reason i put them by 2 td's is I think BHS will be up 7 close to the end then muster out another score at the end. Now if this game was at Ernie id pick the blues, its virtually impossible unless your Bluefield to come into Richlands and get the W.

I kinda knew what you were doing RHS1987. I was just saying we need to be ready for them more than anybody else we have played since it is on the road. I am like you and think it is good that our guys remember the a$$ kicking we had there last time. Maybe our offensive and defensive lines will be ready to just play some snot slinging smashmouth football. I think if they get fired up and stay that way they can pretty much just outperform anybody we play this year up front. We should be able to run it down anybodys throat when we really want to. If our offensive line lacks anything it is just being mean all the time. I am not talking about dirty but just want to put the opposition on their butts every play. I think we can.

My nephew played in the game two years ago and He remembers the ____ kicking they took. He sounded fired up last night when I spoke with him. He said Mance will have them ready to go. I'm worried that its at BV but if they play BB football they can pull it out!!

I am not so worried about Brookville so much as I am Richlands. As long as we show up to play and do not turn the ball over, Richlands should win. The large Richlands crowd nullifies any home field advantage, in my opinion. Block, tackle and take care of the football. If we can do that, we will be making two trips to Lynchburg in as many weeks.

Richlands -- 35

Brookville -- 24

Can anyone stop Devon Johnson in the back field or for negative yards? I haven't seen it yet. If he shows up and does what he does and Lockhart throws the ball into Strong, Johnson, and Overton's hands then the blues will be fine I think. I think Blues 28 Bees 21.

Can anyone stop Devon Johnson in the back field or for negative yards? I haven't seen it yet. If he shows up and does what he does and Lockhart throws the ball into Strong, Johnson, and Overton's hands then the blues will be fine I think. I think Blues 28 Bees 21.

I'll second that

I think we will have trouble with thier speed everywhere but we have enough speed to deal with it. I hope we have a slight edge with the strength of the lines and this makes a wash for the edge to them for speed. I think this is a very close game on paper and it will come down to turnovers and execution. We have a senior laden team and this should be where the seniors will make a difference. They have been there and done that so I think overall we should have less mental breakdowns. Our offense struggled last week and that also may play to our advantage as they learned that they don't have to be perfect to win. I think they will be much looser and play our kind of ball this week, attack the entire field.

Richlands 42--Brookville 33

Edited by Gizmo777

i would give #44 the ball 20+ times in this game... i thought he should have touched it alot more last friday

I think he ran the ball around 25 times last week for 150-160 yds (I think). I think he needs 25-30 touches this week. Slow the game down alittle and keep the ball out of Becrafts hands.