Rumble...rumble...rumble...

GMan

Mr. Oneal has temporarily been moved to the head of the vocational school in Tazewell.

Coach Marrs has been suspended as A.D.

Thats what everyone was saying at the school today.

Idk if Doug is removed as A.D. but I do know that Mr. Oneal is at the vocational school and Chris Stacy (former head of the vocational school) is now temporarily the principal at Graham High.

No one knows a time table on these though.

Just a quick reminder that Principal's contracts contains language whereby they accept reponsibility for the things that occur in their school.

We will just have to wait and see what if any of the whole story comes to light.

I heard about this today too. Just curious if these are temporary or permanant.

If they get a new football coach.................can you say gold mine? The non-conference would be tough, but a shot at winning the conference year in and year out.

I heard about this today too. Just curious if these are temporary or permanant.

If they get a new football coach.................can you say gold mine? The non-conference would be tough, but a shot at winning the conference year in and year out.

Virginia doesn't have "conferences"...

Would like to start by saying congrats to Graham on becoming a decent school now. Now for what ive heard is that Doug is only allowed to teach english. Mr.b? Is the new A.D. O'neil is out and Stacey is the principle, which is great stacey is the best fit for that position. Now im not sure about the coaching situation but i pray to God that they remove Doug from that as well! Proud to be a G-man today!

January 25, 2011

MORNING UPDATE: Officials confirm shift in Tazewell County Schools personnel

Anonymous Bluefield Daily Telegraph The Bluefield Daily Telegraph Tue Jan 25, 2011, 10:05 AM EST

TAZEWELL, Va. — Officials with the Tazewell County Board of Education confirmed two personnel changes within the school system today.

Tazewell County Schools Superintendent Dr. Brenda Lawson said Graham High School Principal John O’Neal has been moved from the position and will now serve as principal of Tazewell County Career and Technical Center. Lawson also said Chris Stacy has been appointed as the new principal of Graham High School indefinitely.

Lawson said the decision was made “in accordance with the mission and vision of Tazewell County Schools†and refused to comment further, citing “certain rights and confidentiality agreements.â€

Life has many choices---eternity two

January 25, 2011

Lawson said the decision was made “in accordance with the mission and vision of Tazewell County Schools” and refused to comment further, citing “certain rights and confidentiality agreements.”

How can they not make light of the issue here? These people teach our kids and are paid by our money, should we not get an explanation?

How can they not make light of the issue here? These people teach our kids and are paid by our money, should we not get an explanation?

The SB comment just opens the door to speculation in the community. Much better to come out with everything once the SB has taken final action.

Mr. Mike Blevins is the new A.D and I think that is a great move!!

From what some of the teachers said about the meeting yesterday morning. Mr. O'Neil told them the news and had tears in his eyes and then he told them "take care of my children until I get back."

So with that being said he might be back sometime, I'm not sure though.

Me, as a Senior this year, want to get my diploma from Mr. O'Neil instead of Mr. Stacy.

I dont have anything against Mr. Stacy, I think he is a great guy and a great Principal (he was assistant principal at GMS a some years ago) but I want my diploma from the man who has been there with us for 3 and a half years instead of getting it from Mr. Stacy who has only been with us for 1 semester.

So, kick Marrs out and bring back O'Neil!!

Wow now that would really shake things up a bit, especially if they had to pay that money back. I wish they knew about how Doug has sent his family to nice colleges to play football but all the real athletes he had come through there sent them to slack a$$ d-2 and D-3 schools. My question is why not make Carlock Jr. A.D.? or make him the Head football Coach? He is one heck of a guy

Wow now that would really shake things up a bit, especially if they had to pay that money back. I wish they knew about how Doug has sent his family to nice colleges to play football but all the real athletes he had come through there sent them to slack a$$ d-2 and D-3 schools. My question is why not make Carlock Jr. A.D.? or make him the Head football Coach? He is one heck of a guy
If carlock jr became A.D and head coach graham would be back to where they were back in the day. i would know i played for him when i was in jv he is a hell of a coach. I just think he doesn't want to follow in his father's footsteps. he would always have to live up to what Sr done, thats alot of pressure for a young man. so if i wouldn't blame him if he didn't want the job.

First let me say I have no dog in this fight. I don't think anyone should speculate on criminal issues like that on this forum. People's reputations are at stake and it is not proper to speculate and pass on rumors and inuendo. I am no fan of the superintendent or the school board but they are correct in not discussing personnel matters publicly. I am sure if it was a criminal matter the people in question would have been fired....not reassigned. You can be sued for slander for making these posts so I would tread lightly. "I heard" or "someone told me" is not a legal defense. Unless and until these rumors are proven correct I would refrain from passing them on unless you enjoy defending those positons on the witness stand. Just a word to the wise.