Davis out @ UNC

Hacker

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So long, Butchie!!! So much for trying to make a "basketball school" a "football school"...

At my wife's class reunion the other night, I had a UNC grad try to tell me Butch wasn't a "dirty" coach. He even went as fas as trying to tell me that Davis was even "clean" at Miami. I told him his Carolina Blue shades were obstructing his vision...

So long, Butchie!!! So much for trying to make a "basketball school" a "football school"...

At my wife's class reunion the other night, I had a UNC grad try to tell me Butch wasn't a "dirty" coach. He even went as fas as trying to tell me that Davis was even "clean" at Miami. I told him his Carolina Blue shades were obstructing his vision...

Also Jim Tressel, Rich Rod, Pete Carroll...Should I continue on this list of "clean coaches"?

LOL

I used to not mind UNC not that I really pulled for them but after all that I lost all respect for them

No and no. Both of them are too smart to take this job. You know who isn't smart enough?

RICH ROD!!

LOL!

But seriously, UNC wouldn't touch RichRod with a 10' pole...c'mon, he's the guy that got Michigan in trouble with the NCAA...

To add, I don't think Leach or Malzahn are type of person UNC will hire as their next HC either...

LOL!

But seriously, UNC wouldn't touch RichRod with a 10' pole...c'mon, he's the guy that got Michigan in trouble with the NCAA...

To add, I don't think Leach or Malzahn are type of person UNC will hire as their next HC either...

I know...Mike Shula. He has experience cleaning up messes. Terrible game day coach, but great recruiter and he's just down the road from Chapel Hill in Charlotte.

I kid about being a terrible game day coach...sort of. He didn't have a lot to work with during Bama's probation woes.

One person living in the area who they may go after, and would spend money on, but is too smart to take it: Bill Cowher. Im sure some UNC fans have probably already threw that out on their message boards somewhere.

One person living in the area who they may go after, and would spend money on, but is too smart to take it: Bill Cowher. Im sure some UNC fans have probably already threw that out on their message boards somewhere.

That would be a huge win for UNC. But will Cowher have the patience to get through the lean years to come?

I know...Mike Shula. He has experience cleaning up messes. Terrible game day coach, but great recruiter and he's just down the road from Chapel Hill in Charlotte.

I kid about being a terrible game day coach...sort of. He didn't have a lot to work with during Bama's probation woes.

You just described Butch Davis.

That would be a huge win for UNC. But will Cowher have the patience to get through the lean years to come?

For a normal coach with a normal background, no.

But Cowher? I can't imagine there would be many lean years. He could recruit by sending postcards of his face.

UNC AD "stepping down" too...UNC hoping this is enough to appease the NCAA Gods...

Baddour stepping down has ZERO to do with anything related to the football issues. Numerous donors have been calling for Baddour's head since he botched the basketball hire after Guthridge stepped down more than a decade ago. His contract expires in less than a year and after yesterday's fiasco with Davis went down the people calling for his head went from simply calling to all out screaming.

You just described Butch Davis.

Pretty close, except for the "cleaning up the mess" part. Shula came into a total mess at Bama. Obviously Butch Davis didn't do much to clean up anything at UNC.

You should already get plenty of laughs watching the athletic teams at UVa.

Yes, I do get tired of watching an athletics program that has NEVER finished outside the Top 10. Many laughs are to be had when we roll out another national champion or a baseball team that wins 88% of its game. I laughed all the way to the bank when we stomped your rear ends in the ACC Tournament.

You're 0-2 on informed comments tonight. Quit while you're ahead.