Best All Time for your school???

mdotson98

Something I was thinking about recently, if you had to sit and think about the history of your schools football team, who have been the best to ever play there. Like a top 10 players, regardless of position, toever play for your high school. Doesn't have to be in order just the 10 best.

Ahmad Bradshaw, H.T. Mathews, Eddie Neel, Rick Brown, Eddie Hall, Mark Cundiff, Bill Dudley, Marcus Latimer, Mike Mullins, Chris Patton

Others receiving votes: Danny Rusniak, Tony Palmer, Brian Denham, JoJo Jenkins, Milton Byard, Jacob Dews, Kimbo Spencer

Grundy - I only know "modern era 1980+", and these are people I actually saw play...so...that's what I base my list on...there may be a lot more that would be higher up-

(1) Cary Perkins "Wonder Boy"... this kid could do it all.

(2) Luke Owens - one of Grundy's last great "big men"

(3) Luke Dales - could have played D1 ball.

(4) Garon Marcum - split time at RB for 4 years and still smashed the school rushing record....avg 10+ yards per carry CAREER!

(5) David Scammell - Mr. 2000 rushing in a single season.

(6) Aaron Marcum - A monster in the middle at LB and as a FB was a big reason his brother set the rushing record. He was like a Mack truck out of the backfield and a nightmare on special teams to boot.

(7) JR Coleman - wheels like a race car.

(8) Tommy Crigger - Mr. 2 minute drill.

(9) Dillon Reese (as K) still holds state record.

(10) Tanner Marshall - maybe the last of Grundy's great "big men".

Ahmad Bradshaw, H.T. Mathews, Eddie Neel, Rick Brown, Eddie Hall, Mark Cundiff, Bill Dudley, Marcus Latimer, Mike Mullins, Chris Patton

Others receiving votes: Danny Rusniak, Tony Palmer, Brian Denham, JoJo Jenkins, Milton Byard, Jacob Dews, Kimbo Spencer

No Paco?

Not sure about a top 10, but #1 for Virginia High is undoubtedly Beattie Feathers. I know he played almost 85 years ago, but I can't think of anyone else who accomplished what he did. Including becoming the first NFL player to ever rush for 1000 yards in a season. That's right, the first person to ever do that went to Virginia High School

Richlands... Terry Wess, Jerry Wess, Timmy Brown, Justin McCracken, Caleb Jennings, Brandon Breeding, Bradley Strong, WIll Lowe, Cody Thomas and Mike Compton.

A very good list, but, I always thought Jeremy McCommons was one of the best at RB & LB, not THE best, but certainly among them. Also Sandy Rodgers at RB.

I'll bet that Devon will be there too by the time this year is through. Also almost forgot about Austin Fuller ! Just my opinion though.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

A very good list, but, I always thought Jeremy McCommons was one of the best at RB & LB, not THE best, but certainly among them. Also Sandy Rodgers at RB.

I'll bet that Devon will be there too by the time this years is through. Also almost forgot about Austin Fuller ! Just my opinion though.

What about Adam Lallande?

For Bluefield: Donnie Jackson, Jay Simms, Steve Wilks, Raymond Isabelle, Yubrennal Isabelle, Charlie Tynes, Donald Amaker, Ansel Ponder, Rusty Coeburn, and Will Cole.

I'm not remotely qualified to chime in much on a Beaver post, but I feel compelled to mention Cortez Martin -- he was a man among boys back in the mid '80s.

It hurts even today to see the talent he had, yet never had the chance to showcase nationally.

i would have thought Paco would have made the HM list lol...i saw that guy play a few times and thought he was pretty solid...also thought he paved the way for AB to go to Marshall after the UVA issues...