Sleeper teams for 2011

vols4life

im not sure if i'm alil early but whos your pick to make alil more noise than their suppose to..marion may surprise a few this year,battle might be the sleeper with coach wright behind the wheel.one things for sure,the falcons should win it all..they are awesome and they even do that falcon leap..dont forget enter sandman..haha..wait till the warriors scalp them

Edited by vols4life

Lee may be a darkhorse in the CMD

I have expected Lee to break out for the last 3 or 4 years.....IMHO they cant make a legit run at GC in the CMD and would have to be considered the underdog vs Lebanon and VHS

I am interested in how they fair vs Union in 2 weeks

Marion may be better, maybe not a sleeper but better and may catch some teams by suprise

I dont think Lee can take GC but I dont know that they are that far behind VHS and Lebanon. I think they may have the best player in the CMD, just depends on the rest of the team. The opening game vs Union will tell alot. GC will be a different team this season, maybe throw more and not as powerful, if Lee can get it together who knows. I think GC will have a ton of talent(like always) but they have alot of new starters on O and I think its the same on D

I'm putting my money on Lee finishing 2nd in the CMD this year. I think the game with GC will be a good one, but I just don't see Lee winning it. I really hope Battle does turn some heads this year. Sounds like we got a really good (known) coach, but it'll take some time to adjust and unless we have a lot of good young runners coming up, we lost our running game to graduation, which is gonna hurt.

I havent seen Lee in a couple of years but im probably gonna watch them play Clintwood this year. I just dont understand, a big line and a very good RB. They just seem to focus on that too much and arent as diversified as they need to be to beat the top notch teams. Is it possible that a school that size doesent have a QB that can pass? Or WRs that can catch?

Maybe this is the year?

i dont think twin valley will win the bdd but i think they can upset haysi, and upset hurley with a little luck,and maybe sneak into the playoffs : )

??? When was the list time they even played a close game with Haysi?

??? When was the list time they even played a close game with Haysi?

'01, Brit Coleman was a beast

'02 was in the neighborhood of 30-7

From there on has been 40+ point beatings

Haysi will beat TV, maybe not by as much as in previous years but I dont think the game will be close.

TV wont come close to Hurley

i dont think twin valley will win the bdd but i think they can upset haysi, and upset hurley with a little luck,and maybe sneak into the playoffs : )

Well if that's the case they'll destroy Grundy :)

Why?

Because Lee seems to under deliver EVERY year Lebanon even when they are down are in the running year in and year out.....VHS was making strides the last 2 years

Why do you think this season will be any diff for Lee?

Because Lee seems to under deliver EVERY year Lebanon even when they are down are in the running year in and year out.....VHS was making strides the last 2 years

Thought Lee did pretty well last year myself, especially as the year progressed. Seemed they were the ones making some strides. Lee did beat Va High last year. Reports from VHS camp haven't been much positive so far with low numbers and all. Lee lost to Lebanon, but that was the Lebanon team with a healthier Nick Smith and they were a much different team with him in there. They lost a good bit from this past year including Smith. Lee returns quite a bit from last year and with they were looking at the close of last year and Palko coming into his 2nd season with the team, I don't see much to say they won't be better. Maybe you'll be right, we don't know for sure. Its hard though I would think to do a whole lot when you have program trying to build itself back up and you keep going through different coaching changes every other year...Sanders had them seemingly going in the right direction it seemed before he left, then Coomer came along and just had a one year stint, another change, and now Palko is at the helm...hopefully he can stay and try to establish something. They've got a good group returning along with some pretty good freshman coming up and a couple may be able to provide an impact this year.

Guess we'll just have to see what happens though.

Edited by Beamerball

Virginia High making strides the past two years? No I think not - if anything they took steps back in their program. The coach they had brought in came from a school that was loaded with talent & the parents there didn't try to interject anytime something didn't go "little Johnny's way". That coach had never built a program, only took over the reigns of a successful one. He seen how tough of a mountain he had to climb in Bristol and got out while the getting was good. In the process he pushed the program back several years with his departure and bringing in yet another coach - one that has been at VHS before as the head coach...until he more or less was ran off in a similar manner that Thurman was to be quite honest. Virginia High has decent talent, nothing of a great magnitude but enough to be worked with by a coaching staff if parents and members of the community would allow them to do their thing. Will this happen in Bristol? Time will tell.

I look for Lee High to make a charge this season, pardon the pun. I think they'll beat CMD foes Lebanon and Virginia High as well as John Battle and could very well win the district over Gate City if the Blue Devils don't bring their A game.

VAHigh was terrible last season; no defense and the offense was on fire at times and sputtered at others(but thats kind of the offense Thurman ran). The year before they were better. Lee should challenge, I seriously think it depends on how well they are able to throw the ball.