So did anyone feel an earthquake?

Been reading Facebook reports about a 5.9 quake near Charlottesville. Friends in Richlands, Richmond, and Raleigh have made comments about it. I'm in Abingdon and I didn't feel anything, although I was driving at the time which might explain why.

Felt nothing between Tazewell and Richlands and our office shakes when big trucks go by on 460.

Wife felt it in Bluefield. She called me at 1:55 (according to my computer clock) and was like "Did you feel it? Did you just feel that earthquake?" I thought she was full of it and pulled up the USGS website and sho'nuf, 5.8 earthquake between Richmond and C'ville.

Guest The Variable

Damn global warming.

I felt it big here in Ashland, VA

Guest The Variable
felt nothing here, but WDBJ's comments had someone from Pikeville who felt it.

Heard some kind of damage to DC's National Cathedral, and UVA is checking their old buildings big time

Washington Monument may have a crack in it.

Been reading Facebook reports about a 5.9 quake near Charlottesville. Friends in Richlands, Richmond, and Raleigh have made comments about it. I'm in Abingdon and I didn't feel anything, although I was driving at the time which might explain why.

5.9 north of richmond and we felt it here in staunton for about 5 -6 seconds a lot of fun i thought

Guest The Variable
5.9 north of richmond and we felt it here in staunton for about 5 -6 seconds a lot of fun i thought

About 20 seconds here, probably 30 miles from the epicenter as a crow flies. I was on the phone with a shop and was more annoyed at having the call interrupted.