Tim Tebow

-oo-

Hmm. Decking your profile out with Tebow stuff sounds good but what if the Broncos lose? You name that part. Both parts of the deal last up to the Super Bowl.

Deck yours out in Anti-Tebow stuff. I'll even pick it for you. :D

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow Tim Tebow does it again. Now 5-1 as a starter this year.

Here is another question for everyone:

If you could choose Tim Tebow, Philip Rivers, Mark Sanchez, or Jay Cutler (all decent quarterbacks on good teams) who would you choose to put on your team?

I would have to say Tebow, I don't know how he keeps doing it but he just keeps winning.

Somehow Tim Tebow does it again. Now 5-1 as a starter this year.

Here is another question for everyone:

If you could choose Tim Tebow, Philip Rivers, Mark Sanchez, or Jay Cutler (all decent quarterbacks on good teams) who would you choose to put on your team?

I would have to say Tebow, I don't know how he keeps doing it but he just keeps winning.

I would take Rivers hands down. He's having a bad year this year because he's hurt. He won't say it, but I think he's hurt.

Guest The Variable
I would take Rivers hands down. He's having a bad year this year because he's hurt. He won't say it, but I think he's hurt.

Yeah, Philip Rivers at least knows how to take a snap without fumbling it...even the super easy ones at the end of a game to set up a game winning field goal.

stuff like that is pretty important.

Yeah, Philip Rivers at least knows how to take a snap without fumbling it...even the super easy ones at the end of a game to set up a game winning field goal.

stuff like that is pretty important.

I still think he's hurt. Which could contribute to what you mentioned.

Guest The Variable
I still think he's hurt. Which could contribute to what you mentioned.

mhmm. Bottom line, Tebow has risen to the occasion when the game is on the line. I have not seen that performance from Rivers. At all.

mhmm. Bottom line, Tebow has risen to the occasion when the game is on the line. I have not seen that performance from Rivers. At all.

Uhh. Have you watched the NFL? Rivers has had a 13-3 season. Put up huge numbers. Won countless games. Tebow can't even score more than 18 except one game, and he can't, I repeat, CAN'T keep taking the kind of hits he is. Look at Vick, it just doesn't work.

Guest The Variable
Uhh. Have you watched the NFL? Rivers has had a 13-3 season. Put up huge numbers. Won countless games. Tebow can't even score more than 18 except one game, and he can't, I repeat, CAN'T keep taking the kind of hits he is. Look at Vick, it just doesn't work.

Rivers is immensely talented, obviously. He relies on that. He seemingly cannot rely on his composure in an important game with little time on the clock. This he has proven pretty simply. As the saying goes: Want to beat the chargers? Just wait until the 4th Quarter and watch them beat themselves. That applies to Rivers. Its one huge reason he isnt being put in the same circles as Aaron Rodgers.

I do not have the numbers, and maybe you can check them for me. But I would wager that Tebow in less than 1 seasons worth of starts has a fair percentage of career 4th quarter comebacks as Rivers career.

Rivers also leads the NFL in INTs...Tebow has had only one this season and NO fumbles. BTW, Tebow is a big boy...not the same as 6', 200lb Mike Vick getting pounded by LBs...Tebow is as big as most LBs (6'3", 235lbs) and he is typically the one delivering the hits.

Don't take him as your FFL QB 'cause he won't put up big numbers, but face it, he KNOWS how to WIN...

Let me preface this by saying I have nothing against Tebow at all. The whole story this year has been entertaining to say the least.

The question I keep asking myself about him, however, is "are the Broncos winning because of him or in spite of him?"

With the way the Broncos' defense is playing and with the less-than-stellar teams they've played against, you have to wonder how many mediocre or worse QBs would have the same record as Tebow. They've scored more than 20 points just once since he became the starter.

As a Titans fan, it reminds me of 2006 when they came out 0-5 but then started winning once Vince Young took over as QB. Everyone was talking about what a winner he was when it was really the defense that was carrying them. Then in 2008 the retread Kerry Collins replaces him as starter and guess what...they go 13-3.

OTOH, I have to agree that Tebow's the only QB in the NFL (with the possible exception of Cam Newton) who could run a zone read scheme effectively and not get killed.

Edited by hoard

Let me preface this by saying I have nothing against Tebow at all. The whole story this year has been entertaining to say the least.

The question I keep asking myself about him, however, is "are the Broncos winning because of him or in spite of him?"

With the way the Broncos' defense is playing and with the less-than-stellar teams they've played against, you have to wonder how many mediocre or worse QBs would have the same record as Tebow. They've scored more than 20 points just once since he became the starter.

As a Titans fan, it reminds me of 2006 when they came out 0-5 but then started winning once Vince Young took over as QB. Everyone was talking about what a winner he was when it was really the defense that was carrying them. Then in 2008 the retread Kerry Collins replaces him as starter and guess what...they go 13-3.

I've been trying to get this point across for over 40 posts. They won't have it.

i dont think he will take that kind of abuse for long before either gettin hurt or dumping the ball.just not meant for qb to run that many times a game, and their will be a price to pay if he does.but i think he is a winner and has proved to be a good kid and roll model for younger kids.

tim tebow hasn't proved that he is a great QB. he hasn't had the time to. What he has proved is that he is the best QB for the Broncos. If the guy is winning games then why even talk about him?

Because of the lackluster way he's doing it.

On a side note, I still think the Broncos take a QB first round, regardless of what happens this year.

Guest The Variable

If Tebow was doing this with the Hokies...would people here be as critical?

If Tebow was doing this with the Hokies...would people here be as critical?

Logan Thomas kind of is, right? Putting up mediocre to bad passing numbers but still getting wins.

So the answer is no. Virginia Tech fans would probably defend Tebow like we defend Thomas if he played for VT, and we wouldn't be near as critical. But then again, doesn't that come with the territory? I mean, come on. Observer even defended Michael Rocco for a while.

Trent Dilfer won too......and I don't see Anyone putting him on a pedestal.

I'm not putting him on a pedestal. He is winning and he deserves to remain the starting QB as long as that happens.

Trent Dilfer won too......and I don't see Anyone putting him on a pedestal.

No one is putting him on a pedestal if he was bad and NOT WINNING games i would be the first to have said you were right but the fact that you have made excuses for everyone of the wins being against what you called "trash teams" not exact words but close enough proves to me that you want the guy to fail and are trying very hard to find anything you can to hold against him. He is a winner plain and simple is it pretty no it is not but does that matter not to me or anyone else other than you and a couple others. Never did hear what you had to say about the jets win he had i was looking foward to you getting in the crow buffet on that one but it looks like that is not going to happen until they beat that Pats.