Joe Pa

battleftbl

Everything we're saying is pretty much speculation on what happenend...and just how much JoePa knew... Like I said...if it comes out that he knew more, My entire opinion of him will change....it'll be very dissapointing. I do however think I'll wait until every bit of information is out there, and every testimony is heard, before throwing him under the bus.

Maybe I'm a little to loyal here. I know if I'm in his place, that I'd stay on top of it. I know he didnt follow up on it as he should have..... but covering it up on purpose? I'll hold off on that judgement.

Of course, IMHO, the University as a whole should have been on top of things even after the allegations in 1998. Like I said earlier, Everyone involved with this dropped the ball at some point or another.

Bare minimum he was told that one of his coach's was showering with a 10 year old and some sexual activity was taking place.

That is what he testified to (Grad Assistant testified he told JoePa more details), how much more does he need to know in order for him to act?

Shouldn't be allowed to coach another game

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is simple for me. If Joe P. found out that it was his 10 year old grandson I bet he would have went to the police immediately! End of story for me. No respect for Joe Paterno if you put it into that kind of perspective. :mad:

this sums it up in a nutshell

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/hill-111109/penn-state-not-allow-joe-paterno-retire-terms

as good as a coach he was, he lost all control of that program years ago and he should have been let go many moons ago...

Edited by 2dalejrfanz

The sad fact is that when you stay around too long, you become deluded as to how untouchable you are. He had operated in a bubble and in the end he was unaware of the impact his action, or in this case the lack thereof, was beyond the pale.

The Trustees in the end had to make the decision to preserve the brand of PSU. In this case there was no other choice.

Guest The Variable
Penn State fans are PISSED! Students are rioting.

College Students...the dumbest demographic of America.

College Students...the dumbest demographic of America.

On behalf of college-aged America, I do apologize for their actions. Despite the small sample you see on TV right now, I promise we get it. I would never stand for something like this. Life and all that goes with it > football.

Bare minimum he was told that one of his coach's was showering with a 10 year old and some sexual activity was taking place.

That is what he testified to (Grad Assistant testified he told JoePa more details), how much more does he need to know in order for him to act?

Shouldn't be allowed to coach another game

Here's the thing... I know he's JoePa, but how much power did he have back then?

Assuming he didn't see it with his own eyes, could HE fire an asst.? Really? I don't think he signed their paychecks, and I don't think he could have done much. You tell the boss (A.D.) and go back to YOUR job.

And I REALLY think it's stupid to fire a coach during the season when he may have done nothing wrong. He already said he was retiring and the team's all messed up over THAT, THEN you fire him less than 72 hours before the final home game??? Sounds to me like the school is looking for a scapegoat to deflect some of the criticism.

Here's the thing... I know he's JoePa, but how much power did he have back then?

Assuming he didn't see it with his own eyes, could HE fire an asst.? Really? I don't think he signed their paychecks, and I don't think he could have done much. You tell the boss (A.D.) and go back to YOUR job.

And I REALLY think it's stupid to fire a coach during the season when he may have done nothing wrong. He already said he was retiring and the team's all messed up over THAT, THEN you fire him less than 72 hours before the final home game??? Sounds to me like the school is looking for a scapegoat to deflect some of the criticism.

^^^this^^^

I think they are using him to deflect the media hate off of the university. And it's not fair to him. He should have remained the coach until they found that he had did more. Just my two cents, anyways.

Did you see the riots that took place tonight?

The BOT knew those would happen, you don't fire a living legend unless they know he was wrong, which he was.

JoePa has known about this since 1998 after the first Sandusky investigation, which directly afterwards Sandusky "conveniently" resigned.

He may not had the stroke to fire any one Helper but he could of QUIT took the high ground and made it known why he quit. The good name of the University is all that matterd to him and every one else in that circle. He was one my heros growing up turns out he wasn't worth all the praise I gave him.

JoePa ran PSU. Just 2 years after this the AD and president of the school came to JoePa's house and asked him to resign. He told them to get out of his house, he will leave when he is good and ready. JoePa could have fired anyone at anytime really. The thing is Sandusky was no longer a coach, and it really doesn't matter if he could have fired him or not. He still could have called the law, not the AD. McQueary should have called the law instead too.

Guest The Variable
JoePa ran PSU. Just 2 years after this the AD and president of the school came to JoePa's house and asked him to resign. He told them to get out of his house, he will leave when he is good and ready. JoePa could have fired anyone at anytime really. The thing is Sandusky was no longer a coach, and it really doesn't matter if he could have fired him or not. He still could have called the law, not the AD. McQueary should have called the law instead too.

Bingo. And thats why he loses his job. If he had done the right thing, he would be an even bigger hero than he was a month ago.

Perfectly said. Dont let the media fool you, after talking with a few coaches, Paterno followed the same chain of command that is in place at any college or university..Maybe thats why most coaches are in support of him.....heck, its the same chain of command as any work place. If you see your co-worker doing something, do you fire him or does your supervisor? He's just the scapegoat.

Perfectly said. Dont let the media fool you, after talking with a few coaches, Paterno followed the same chain of command that is in place at any college or university..Maybe thats why most coaches are in support of him.....heck, its the same chain of command as any work place. If you see your co-worker doing something, do you fire him or does your supervisor? He's just the scapegoat.

Sandusky wasn't employed at that time, and Paterno had more power than the president of PSU or the AD. You don't have to fire him, you just have to call the police. OPEN YOUR EYES.

Guest The Variable

B.S.

If your coworker commits rape and you witness it and your immediate reaction is to go to your supervisor, you are a M-O-R-O-N. You go to the cops. Its not about being fired, its about getting arrested. JoPa was the supervisor getting a report from a WITNESS to a child rape. His idea was to go to the AD? Try the DA instead next time, or is your next excuse for him going to be that he is dyslexic and mixed Athletic Director up with District Attorney?

My real question is why didn't the guy who witnessed it go to the police?

Now thats a good question........but he's out on a recruiting trip talking to 16 and 17 year old kids and their parents, so it may be a little bit before we find that out.

Now thats a good question........but he's out on a recruiting trip talking to 16 and 17 year old kids and their parents, so it may be a little bit before we find that out.

Wonder how those in house visits are going? If I were some recruits dad, that's what I would ask this guy. If he wouldn't go out his way to do something for someone elses kid, why would I expect him to do the right thing for my son? This guy should be canned with the rest of them.