North Carolina @ Virginia Tech

Ryan4VT

Will do! Had a great time as always with everyone as always and can't wait to do it again! The seats with Mr. & Mrs. GMan are a lot of fun. Of course, I really enjoy my seats in Sec 10 Row AA too

GMan, you can drink the rest of my beer I left in your car if you choose! haha

Your seats are awesome too! I've sat in basically everywhere you can sit in Lane and both of you can't do any better than your current seating arrangements!

And, bhs7695, let's be honest... that beer is gone already! :D

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you got to sit with us last night. Too bad about all the UNC fans in our section last night...not sure what the regular season ticket holders were thinking, I guess it was all about the $$$ to them and not about whether it was a VT fan or a UNC fan in their seats.

We will all have to hook up and tailgate next season (for one of the "warmer" games)...me, you, bhs7695, hokie07, stoney_calhoun, Ryan4VT, etc...a "mini" SWVASports.com gathering, if you will...

Count me in!! Also, if you ever run across any stray tickets, I'll buy em. Lol

Guest StoneyCalhoun
LOL, tried calling you after the game to see if you needed anything before we headed out man, but it went straight to voicemail. Glad to hear everything is working out.

I felt bad about your car, but I felt even worse that you were down a glove all game too!

No worries, the hands never got cold. Went to a dealer with the vin number, and they cut me a key for free. Wouldn't start the car but got me in it.

Glad we got it all worked out with the ticket though.

I'm glad you got to sit with us last night. Too bad about all the UNC fans in our section last night...not sure what the regular season ticket holders were thinking, I guess it was all about the $$$ to them and not about whether it was a VT fan or a UNC fan in their seats.

We will all have to hook up and tailgate next season (for one of the "warmer" games)...me, you, bhs7695, hokie07, stoney_calhoun, Ryan4VT, etc...a "mini" SWVASports.com gathering, if you will...

Count me in! Just let me know which game yall wanna do it for. Georgia Tech looks like it could be a good one, or possibly even UVA. That way UVAO can join us, and we could all listen to him complain about the refs after the game.

Count me in! Just let me know which game yall wanna do it for. Georgia Tech looks like it could be a good one, or possibly even UVA. That way UVAO can join us, and we could all listen to him complain about the refs after the game.

Doubt that we'd ever catch UVAO in Blacksburg for a football game. We might have to wait around for the spring sports before he'd show his face. We can catch a soccer, lacrosse, or baseball game maybe. ;)

Doubt that we'd ever catch UVAO in Blacksburg for a football game. We might have to wait around for the spring sports before he'd show his face. We can catch a soccer, lacrosse, or baseball game maybe. ;)

I wouldn't be opposed to baseball. Excuse to tailgate. Is it still free to get in to those? I wouldn't even care if UVA beat us by 30, and we could enjoy UVAO's company while he's in a good mood.

I checked my 2011 Media Guide and VT is 11-1 from 2000-2011. UVA's only win was Nov. 29, 2003 @ Scott Stadium, 35-21. I understand now why the Wahoo fans are frusturated with the bias officiating, in favor of Tech. The HOOS cannot catch a break with those zebras.

I wouldn't be opposed to baseball. Excuse to tailgate. Is it still free to get in to those? I wouldn't even care if UVA beat us by 30, and we could enjoy UVAO's company while he's in a good mood.

I'd do baseball, anything. I dunno how well you guys like basketball, but I'd say that could be an option this winter or something similar. Most of us aren't opposed to basketball, but I know getting GMan to a VT basketball game is like pulling teeth now. :D But I'd throw down a few drinks before hand or after the game at Bull & Bones, BW3's, anywhere.

I checked my 2011 Media Guide and VT is 11-1 from 2000-2011. UVA's only win was Nov. 29, 2003 @ Scott Stadium, 35-21. I understand now why the Wahoo fans are frusturated with the bias officiating, in favor of Tech. The HOOS cannot catch a break with those zebras.

Yeah, since obviously all 10 of those wins are a direct result of biased officiating. :cool:

I'd do baseball, anything. I dunno how well you guys like basketball, but I'd say that could be an option this winter or something similar. Most of us aren't opposed to basketball, but I know getting GMan to a VT basketball game is like pulling teeth now. :D But I'd throw down a few drinks before hand or after the game at Bull & Bones, BW3's, anywhere.

Yeah, baseball or basketball.

If we lucked into tickets against a good team on a non-work night, maybe GMan would take a chance coming down for some Hokie Hoops. Lets be honest, its not an official "SWVASports Event" unless he is there. Otherwise, its just dudes meeting over the internet. lol.

I'm okay with anything that involves drinking before or after to mask the awkwardness of message board guys meeting up to hang out.

Who all is on the NRV roster? Me, you...

I'm pretty sure he's been to the last 3 UVA VT games at Tech.

4, but who's counting. Had primo seats for 3 of 'em. Been to every one since I first went to UVA, and God willing, will be at every one until I die.

I couldn't remember if you'd said 3 or 4. Lol. Knew it was right around there though. Lol

I'm pretty sure he's been to the last 3 UVA VT games at Tech.

4, but who's counting. Had primo seats for 3 of 'em. Been to every one since I first went to UVA, and God willing, will be at every one until I die.

Excellent! For some reason, I had it in my mind that you didn't travel to Blacksburg for the football reason for [insert reason here], I can't remember.

But nonetheless, if the Official SWVASports Tailgate happened next season at the UVA game, it would be awesome to meet you too.

Who all is on the NRV roster? Me, you...

GMan, bhs7695, bluefieldRocks, beaverbaseball (both of which might actually come to a VT function if there is enough alcohol), Stoney Calhoun, and several others that are slipping my mind right now.

Excellent! For some reason, I had it in my mind that you didn't travel to Blacksburg for the football reason for [insert reason here], I can't remember.

But nonetheless, if the Official SWVASports Tailgate happened next season at the UVA game, it would be awesome to meet you too.

I would like to stop by and meet as much of the gang as I can. I would need a map, because for some reason, it's easier to find Jimmy Hoffa's body than it is to find a specific parking lot near an opponent's stadium. But of course, I'll be there. Like always.

And nothing personal about my comments last night. They were made in the heat of the moment. However, that doesn't mean that I don't believe that (1) there was crappy officiating pro-VT, (2) the game was a 3.5 hour VT ad, and (3) UVA beats VT by 10+. 11/26 can't get here soon enough.

I would like to stop by and meet as much of the gang as I can. I would need a map, because for some reason, it's easier to find Jimmy Hoffa's body than it is to find a specific parking lot near an opponent's stadium. But of course, I'll be there. Like always.

And nothing personal about my comments last night. They were made in the heat of the moment. However, that doesn't mean that I don't believe that (1) there was crappy officiating pro-VT, (2) the game was a 3.5 hour VT ad, and (3) UVA beats VT by 10+. 11/26 can't get here soon enough.

Don't worry, I'll use my extensive Microsoft Paint skills and draw a comprehensive location if/when the time comes next season.

Your comments weren't taken personally last night by many, TBH. A few refuted your points and it's laid to rest. And believe me, you aren't the only one who can't wait for 11/26 to come. As a matter of fact, if you want to make a friendly board wager (i.e. no posting for a week, winner chooses loser's signature for a week, etc.) on the game to bring even more attention to the importance of next week's game, then I'm all ears! :D

Don't worry, I'll use my extensive Microsoft Paint skills and draw a comprehensive location if/when the time comes next season.

Your comments weren't taken personally last night by many, TBH. A few refuted your points and it's laid to rest. And believe me, you aren't the only one who can't wait for 11/26 to come. As a matter of fact, if you want to make a friendly board wager (i.e. no posting for a week, winner chooses loser's signature for a week, etc.) on the game to bring even more attention to the importance of next week's game, then I'm all ears! :D

Signature? Let's go signature + avatar. I'm confident. ;)

I think we may know the same person you got those seats from if the seat numbers are the same ones I'm thinking of. Even numbered seats?

they were seat's 2 & 4. But I bought em off someone who bought them off someone who works for Rish Equipment (thats what I was told anyways)