Band is Not A Sport

Guest The Variable

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Variable
I think you just confused VaTech fans with UVA fans...

When we lose we blame Brian Stinespring, regardless.

Its really the only reason I know who he is.

Hey man.... This was supposed to be a joke.... He didn't mean it seriously....

To be fair, sometimes it is difficult to pick up on sarcasm over the internet. Especially if you just read this thread without reading all the posts in the chatbox from last night.

bowling isnt a sport either.

That's why the bowling thread is posted in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum...kinda like drinking beer. However, if either of those were real sports, they'd definitely have their own forums here...

That's why the bowling thread is posted in the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum...kinda like drinking beer. However, if either of those were real sports, they'd definitely have their own forums here...

And all this time, I thought me bowling in a league made me a SPORTS STUD!!!!!! :)

Just a little FYI

I consider myself quite the bowling athlete. I have the coordination to roll my wheelchair between the narrow opening between the seats and the scoring machine and not tear my hands off. I am also able to roll up to the line, lock down and throw my 14 lb bowling ball (just barely missing my wheel as I come through) and not fall out my chair!! lol

I consider that quite ATHLETIC!!!!! :)

Just a little FYI

I consider myself quite the bowling athlete. I have the coordination to roll my wheelchair between the narrow opening between the seats and the scoring machine and not tear my hands off. I am also able to roll up to the line, lock down and throw my 14 lb bowling ball (just barely missing my wheel as I come through) and not fall out my chair!! lol

I could not do that...+1000

The pride of Washington County is our aprreciation for the musical arts. I think that is why we are the front runners in advanced education. Our school board has carried out new construction for new band halls for 2 schools already. Band is more than a sport, it is way of life over here. I was a band member and have discussed the rigoruous routines and tremendous amount of athleticism I had to display during marching band season. The instant pressure of staying on point with my steps while keeping rythym with the musical set was very apparent during half-time shows at Falcon Hill. Camelot would not be Camelot without the stimulation of music and I think that the Mighty Falcon Regiment is second to none! So, to say it in terms you will understand: BAND IS MORE THAN A SPORT! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU LIKE!

I'd say that bowling's a sport. We could quibble if our leagues qualify, but I have no doubt that the PBA is a sport.

Just a little FYI

Always have had much respect for your bowling.

Guest The Variable
I'd say that bowling's a sport. We could quibble if our leagues qualify, but I have no doubt that the PBA is a sport.

In all honesty, there are things I consider "sport" as in an athletic competition and stuff that is just competition.

Is Major League Gaming a sport?

I wonder why high schools don't have bowling teams.......or kickball or dodgeball teams? I think a lot of kids would go out for something like that.

High school bowling teams makes sense, especially in the bigger areas!!

Colleges have bowling teams. Would only make sense to have high school teams!

Edited by mv91

I was in my high school band for 4 years on the drumline and I would like to see you (those that dont believe band is a sport) go to band camp for a week where we wake up at 8 am and practice music, marching, and do tons of push ups until 9 or 10 at night.

I was in my high school band for 4 years on the drumline and I would like to see you (those that dont believe band is a sport) go to band camp for a week where we wake up at 8 am and practice music, marching, and do tons of push ups until 9 or 10 at night.

I am so glad you said 9 or 10 at night because when I read 9 or 10, I was already thinking AM!!! :)

Guest The Variable

Or you could just watch American Pie: Band Camp.