The 2012 Atlanta Braves thread....

Lance

His ERA is 1.51 with 125 innings pitched. If he were to go 24 more innings this season like he has been, his ERA could be lower than his innings pitched which is unreal. I dont expect that to happen, but would be quite the accomplishment if true.

Dickey is going to win it either way, NY media has already given him the push he needed...i think.

Braves clinch a playoff spot with a walk off 2 run homer by freeman

4 games back...I will laugh if they manage to somehow win the division.

they have 5 left with the Phils who have totally owned them this year...might get interesting.

4 games back...I will laugh if they manage to somehow win the division.

they have 5 left with the Phils who have totally owned them this year...might get interesting.

The Gnats fans would choke on their own tongues if they lost that lead.

They've crowed for MONTHS about making the playoffs. I'd love nothing more than to see them fall in the WC game.

The Gnats fans would choke on their own tongues if they lost that lead.

They've crowed for MONTHS about making the playoffs. I'd love nothing more than to see them fall in the WC game.

of all the teams, Braves seem to have the best schedule for the last few games...Fish then the Pirates.

A great read/video

By Carroll Rogers

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

5:00 a.m. Friday, Sept. 28, 2012

On the eve of his retirement, Chipper Jones discussed some of the “best of†moments his career, from his most embarrassing moment to his proudest:

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/jones-career-by-the-moments/nSNMJ/

Anyone else? As in you're going?

It would be awesome to go but I can't swing it...

Yes, if I have to go by myself I am going. Right now I have a friend going with me, but he wont know for sure if he can get off work until tomorrow afternoon.

But if you can swing it then you should totes go with me.

Yes, if I have to go by myself I am going. Right now I have a friend going with me, but he wont know for sure if he can get off work until tomorrow afternoon.

Friday just isn't in the cards (you see what I did there?) for me, but fingers crossed they win because I'd do anything to get to either ATL or DC for a NLDS game...

Friday just isn't in the cards (you see what I did there?) for me, but fingers crossed they win because I'd do anything to get to either ATL or DC for a NLDS game...

Would they play the Nats in the NLDS? I thought you would only meet a division opponent in the NLCS. But who knows with all the changes this year.

If they do make it to the NLDS, then their only home games will be Sunday and Monday of next week, then they go on the road for the last 3. However, they could potentially be in Cinncy. So really all three places (ATL, DC, and Cinncy) are about the same distance from us.

Either way, I would love to go to a NLDS game, but I probably cant since I'm going Friday. I just couldnt pass up the chance since I havent seen Chipper play all year. However, I would def be in for a NLCS game in ATL, DC, or Cinncy if they make it that far.

A few thoughts about the actual game though...

1.) I don't feel as good as I probably should about having Medlen start Friday. He's been untouchable lately. My only concern is that his win streak HAS to end here sooner or later... and I pray that it isn't on Friday. Regardless, we have who want going and Hudson ready to start Game 1 of the NLDS if we make it there.

2.) We have to score early, IMO. I don't like our shot playing from behind in the 7th inning or anything like that. We've definitely got the bullpen to close should we take a lead late into the game.

3.) I really don't like the ONE play-in game. I think it should be a 3-game series, but obviously understand that's just not feasible in the playoff schedule. I guess if you don't want to be one and done then you should win the division and not even have to deal with it. I like that premise.

4.) I really hate the Cardinals.

Would they play the Nats in the NLDS? I thought you would only meet a division opponent in the NLCS. But who knows with all the changes this year.

If they do make it to the NLDS, then their only home games will be Sunday and Monday of next week, then they go on the road for the last 3. However, they could potentially be in Cinncy. So really all three places (ATL, DC, and Cinncy) are about the same distance from us.

Either way, I would love to go to a NLDS game, but I probably cant since I'm going Friday. I just couldnt pass up the chance since I havent seen Chipper play all year. However, I would def be in for a NLCS game in ATL, DC, or Cinncy if they make it that far.

I got an ESPN notification earlier today saying that the WC winner will play Washington, but I only glanced at it, deleted it, and now I don't know for sure, but I am almost positive that they've changed that bit up too this year.

I am pretty sure that it's strictly based on seeding, no matter how the division set is up now. 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3. If Cincy beat out Washington for the #1 seed and St. Louis won the WC game then it would've been Cincy/STL too.

A few thoughts about the actual game though...

1.) I don't feel as good as I probably should about having Medlen start Friday. He's been untouchable lately. My only concern is that his win streak HAS to end here sooner or later... and I pray that it isn't on Friday. Regardless, we have who want going and Hudson ready to start Game 1 of the NLDS if we make it there.

2.) We have to score early, IMO. I don't like our shot playing from behind in the 7th inning or anything like that. We've definitely got the bullpen to close should we take a lead late into the game.

3.) I really don't like the ONE play-in game. I think it should be a 3-game series, but obviously understand that's just not feasible in the playoff schedule. I guess if you don't want to be one and done then you should win the division and not even have to deal with it. I like that premise.

4.) I really hate the Cardinals.

1) I agree. I am also nervous, but I wouldn't trust anyone else in our rotation with the ball in a one game playoff right now.

2)Agree 100%

3)It does suck because so much can sway a single game in baseball. But I would have killed for it last season, since we would have been the second team.

4) Ditto

I got an ESPN notification earlier today saying that the WC winner will play Washington, but I only glanced at it, deleted it, and now I don't know for sure, but I am almost positive that they've changed that bit up too this year.

I am pretty sure that it's strictly based on seeding, no matter how the division set is up now. 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3. If Cincy beat out Washington for the #1 seed and St. Louis won the WC game then it would've been Cincy/STL too.

I feel much better that we're going against a Washington team who's struggled badly lately.

Let the playoffs begin, and let Medlen's arm hold up one more time.

And I lied. My friend baled on me cause he had to work. I was seriously contemplating goin solo, but thats a long drive and a sad and lonely drive home if we lose.

Guess I'll be at home watching it...by myself :(