The 2012 Atlanta Braves thread....

Lance

Gotta remember for the nats, strausburg is sposed to be on an innings limit......sposedly.

yeah...we'll see how that plays out down the stretch if they are in first or contention for a wild card slot.

A bit of an aside, but is it me, or does Strasburg remind anyone of Mark Prior?

Cannon of an arm, injury-prone, innings limits...

that and Kerry Wood...

Figured this was a low risk, high reward move by Cleveland on ex-Brave Derek Lowe. He almost has as many wins this year as he did all of last year in the ATL. In the American League of all things.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/7831/derek-lowe

Lowe is a pitcher who's as useless as a dirty diaper if his head's not in the right place. Hence, the big swings in his record we've seen throughout his career. Not as big as Barry Zito, but he's certainly Zito Lite.

If any of you follow him on twitter, you couldn't help but get a kick out of him yesterday after it was made public. He at least doesnt just take a downtrodden look at life.

On the bright side, it was nice to win a series versus the Yanks yesterday. That was a HR derby.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw that the braves signed former 4 time all-star Ben Sheets to a minor league deal, and they hope to have him make a "couple" of starts, then bring him up. The dude's been out of baseball a while now, think about 2 years, but I really hope this will work out. They need some pitching bad.

The Sheets signing was a great investment. Little $$ risk, with very good potential return.

what will happen knowing the Braves luck, Sheets will do good enough to earn a shot with another team like Cleveland where he will go on to become an ace...lol...Braves are good at recycling pitchers for other theams it seems.

• 2 weeks later...
what will happen knowing the Braves luck, Sheets will do good enough to earn a shot with another team like Cleveland where he will go on to become an ace...lol...Braves are good at recycling pitchers for other theams it seems.

Well, your prediction is looking good at this point. Sheets went 6 innings scoreless and helped finish a sweep of the Mets. Good outing for him.

Well, your prediction is looking good at this point. Sheets went 6 innings scoreless and helped finish a sweep of the Mets. Good outing for him.

i didn't get to watch the game, but i heard he looked pretty good...hope he keeps it rolling.

I forgot about the Braves being on MASN tonight and turned it over to see the 9th after they had made a comeback. I felt like I watched a whole game just seeing 3 innings.

Since there's no where in the northeast to watch the Braves, I had to read a recap this morning. Seemed like quite a game!

missed a good chance to take 2 from the Nats...i hate days like today when you split a DH...seems like a wasted opportunity.

Reading the quotes after the game, I think the Nats saw the second game as a game that really, really mattered. If we look back on this weekend sometime in October or November as a "turning point" in the division one way or another, I wouldn't be at all surprised, and I think that's what Washington understood and was playing for as well. Even though it didn't watch one minute of it, it seemed like a great series, and I hope we're in for an exciting late-summer and fall of baseball.