Graham vs Beaver 2012

-oo-

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It, most likely, will not be close this year ... Bluefield rolls again! However, give the Graham program two more years under the leadership of Williams and then I'll say ... "watch out!" I just hope that Graham plays a really good game in order to build more confidence for the remainder of the season. Bluefield simply has too much talent and speed this year for the G-men to keep up. The important thing is for the Virginia side folks to realize that change is coming but it will take a little while longer. Be patient my friends!

I hope that I am wrong but my prediction is ...

Bluefield 35

Graham 7

Disagree.... I look for Graham to be in it until the end.... they couldn't tackle worth a darn last season (until the end)... much improved team fundamentally... will make a big difference in this year's team...They are in MUCH better physical condition as well... A few kids have really taken off under the conditioning program already...

Bluefield's speed may do them in, but....they Will definitely score more than 7 points... they have some very talented RB's....and a Fullback that will be a monster to bring down...

I agree about the tackling. That was reinforced when I saw a clip from last year's game last night. You would see a Graham player hit the player and then the back would just run through the tackle. If they are stronger and wrap better this year, it will make a difference.

Disagree.... I look for Graham to be in it until the end.... they couldn't tackle worth a darn last season (until the end)... much improved team fundamentally... will make a big difference in this year's team...They are in MUCH better physical condition as well... A few kids have really taken off under the conditioning program already...

Bluefield's speed may do them in, but....they Will definitely score more than 7 points... they have some very talented RB's....and a Fullback that will be a monster to bring down...

I hope that you are right and that my prediction is wrong! I would love to see an upset here. Go G-Men!

Graham will keep it closer than what you think.... They'll have the ability this year to drive the ball and eat up some of the clock.... I'm going with Graham in an upset 28....27.

All I can say is..... I called it....

Can't explain it... just had a feeling about it... man, that game was exciting tonight... one of the best I've ever seen between these two teams... Graham deserved the win... It would've been a shame if Bluefield would've come back and won it at the end...I think Graham truly deserved the "W"... Great game plan by the coaches... I"m still hyped up over it.... awesome game....right up there with the 2008 game and the 6-4 game...

How about those uniforms for Graham, those were awesome....they looked sharp tonight especially under the lights...it's a good look for them.

Definitely. Graham will have to win the time of possession battle BIG TIME.

I think i actually hit the nail on the head with my comment on ghs running the ball and having long drives while holding onto the ball, other than the holding onto the ball after the first blfd drive the offense and defense did an excellent job.

I think i actually hit the nail on the head with my comment on ghs running the ball and having long drives while holding onto the ball, other than the holding onto the ball after the first blfd drive the offense and defense did an excellent job.

Blfd scored quick, but Graham being able to score after holding the ball for so long is what won it. If they'd held onto the ball for that long amount of time but didn't score each time, it would've been pointless. Great all-around game from both teams for the most part.

Blfd scored quick, but Graham being able to score after holding the ball for so long is what won it. If they'd held onto the ball for that long amount of time but didn't score each time, it would've been pointless. Great all-around game from both teams for the most part.

actually graham held onto the ball a lot but fumbled the ball away on at least 3 occasions deep in beaver territory inside the 20 so if they had scored on each drive the score would have been a lot worse that what it was. overall they did what they needed to in keeping the ball away from beaver and their speed. at the end of the game i thought beaver looked tired on defense standing with their hands on their hips, which surprised me.

Graham committed way too many dumb penalties (false starts,offsides.) if they can get that straightened out they'll win 7 or 8 games. Great play calling for the gmen btw

They had 7 or 8 false start penalties alone...