Union @ Richlands

Nadoball

If conditioning is the question, I was at the Union-Lee game, probably 10 or more cramps from Lee, none on the Union side.

i think thats more of a hydration issue than a conditioning issue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect a close game. Didn't Union have over 400yds on the ground last week? Was this due to a great ground attack and/or a poor defense by Lee?

A bit of both. Lee has a down D, combine with a few good backs for Union.

I think this stays close for 20-24 minutes, but our D will be too much in the end plus I'm not at all convinced that we showed Anything against Gate city.

this will be a battle of what we all love, hard hitting slobber knocking football. Union has a "small" front line an average of roughly 215 pounds per lineman and quick backs that can run the ball good. Not to mention a scrappy little qb that can run as well. Richlands is a solid defensive team with heart and pride. When you mix running offence and proud deffense you get what we all love, GREAT COUNTRY HARD HTTING FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think that richlands will be able to control the line of scrimmage with their power running game(BASSET)and wear down the union defense, if you can control the clock 9-10 minutes a quarter then it is had for a defense to cope with, I think our athletes are conditioned well as I could tell at Gate City there were a lot of hands on knees and hips on the Blue Devil side where Richlands was just cramming it in the Third quarter, point is if Richlands plays good defense then I feel confident with our offense, Like I said 28-7...

I know scrimmages can be very misleading, but with Richlands controlling George Wythe (17-0) and Bassett (10-0) while Gate City was somewhat competitive with Union....I'm guessing Blues 28 -12.

i was going to say the same at va high gate city had already played one half union was the fresher team and only scored once should not be a problem for the blues if they play their game blues by 3 scores

First of all gate city didn't even play competitive against union and gate city was the fresh team since union had just finished playing Grundy. Richlands better bring more than they had last year to stop their run game. They have the same backs from last year that posted 250+ yards against them.

First of all gate city didn't even play competitive against union and gate city was the fresh team since union had just finished playing Grundy. Richlands better bring more than they had last year to stop their run game. They have the same backs from last year that posted 250+ yards against them.

1, last years D was missing several starters the union game, and also had an injured Devon Johnson. 2, I think this years D is actually better. 3, the game being at Ernie is a 10 point advantage for Richlands.

Ryan, I dont mean to go straight to the point, but home field advantage doesn't exactly apply to Richlands. I mean, are any of the players actually from Richlands? If anything, it would give Richlands a 10 point disadvantage on account of the kids from the surrounding towns driving from so far away. I do hope you are right about the defense though because I know what kind of game Union has. I like close games. : )

Ryan, I dont mean to go straight to the point, but home field advantage doesn't exactly apply to Richlands. I mean, are any of the players actually from Richlands? If anything, it would give Richlands a 10 point disadvantage on account of the kids from the surrounding towns driving from so far away. I do hope you are right about the defense though because I know what kind of game Union has. I like close games. : )

Funny funny funny. Have a safe trip up :-)

Ryan i actually was beginning to think that frankthetank was going to be a decent guy with constru tive thoughts. He just threw all his credibility out the window. Unbelievable!.

He is not even worth commenting on. I do think Union will be solid and very tough. I love the way they play the game. Coach Turner has a great opportunity there and i wish him and all the Union football players and fans all the best. Such a great tradition and respected program.Yes i am speaking of the two joined together but i mean it as them together now. Coach Mance thinks Coach Turner is the right man for the job and most would agree.

I think Richlands pulls away after a really hard hitting first half. After all this is a thread started on what we thought the game would be like. Really dissapointed in the previous post. It doesnt take long to find out peoples real colors.

To all the great Union football fans coming tonight, we hope you have a safe trip. We both know the boys will put on a show for us all !

Bluerazor, I hope you didn't take my statement literally. I was just trying to make light of the situation. Im sorry if I offended you as I meant nothing by it. It was just my attempt at a joke. I mean, I could have mentioned something about their cleats, but we all know that isn't funny anymore. I don't mean to come off sounding arrogant or anything, but I think the trophy display in at Union is credibility enough in itsself. If you promise not to be mad, I will take your picture in front of all 13 state championship trophies. : ) It sure could get lonely looking at just two. Its bed time for now and hopefully Im not on the recieving end of these jabs come tomorrow night! : )

Edited by frankthetank

Thank you! I apologize for jumping in. It just gets so old, i can laugh about it now. Thanks!

I cant wait for the game. Our intire Football program from Coach Mance to the fans have great respect for you all. I know you all will be prepared for us. I can promise you our boys are ready. This game is why i love football with everything in me.

Once again i apologize. For being so edgy.

Guest king kone
Bluerazor, I hope you didn't take my statement literally. I was just trying to make light of the situation. Im sorry if I offended you as I meant nothing by it. It was just my attempt at a joke. I mean, I could have mentioned something about their cleats, but we all know that isn't funny anymore. I don't mean to come off sounding arrogant or anything, but I think the trophy display in at Union is credibility enough in itsself. If you promise not to be mad, I will take your picture in front of all 13 state championship trophies. : ) It sure could get lonely looking at just two. Its bed time for now and hopefully Im not on the recieving end of these jabs come tomorrow night! : )
Frank....if you didn't mean it you wouldn't say it....

Well, an advantage may have just gone to the Union Bears for this game.

I was just reading about the game and saw were Ben Brown had to have knee surgery for a torn meniscus and will be out 3 to 4 weeks !

It's hurts the blues because he is a good QB, but I think it really hurts because he also is the punter / place kicker and also plays DB on defense when Baker is the QB, and when Brown is at QB, Baker plays DB.

Could make a big difference in the game. I worry more about loosing him as a punter and field goal kicker.

Ben is a very good field goal kicker. You could count on him from about 35 yards in. And is dangerous from about 40 to 45. If I am not mistaken he kicked a 35 to 37 yarder last week at GC. Plus the extra point factor also ! I guess we'll see who steps up.

A field goal was the difference in the game last year !

No excuses..........the next guy has to step up ! But make no mistake, it will hurt that's for sure.

1, last years D was missing several starters the union game, and also had an injured Devon Johnson

Exactly. They were more banged up for that game than any I can remember the last few years. None of the starting linebackers were healthy for that game and Devon Johnson was more or less just a decoy on offense.

I will take your picture in front of all 13 state championship trophies. : ) It sure could get lonely looking at just two.

Must've lost one of the trophies cuz there's supposed to be 14 :)

Edited by sup_rbeast