Richlands @ Graham

Ryan4VT

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a lot of work to do and alot of maturing. Coach is doing a great job so far. Now if he can get the kids to buy into offseason workouts, there will be a huge improvement in the future. It has to be a culture change here in Tazewell. Not just football, but every sport, and especially in the school. A winning football team can make that happen soon. If you haven't been around THS in the last 10 years, you can't grasp how bad it really is.

Historically, if we are good enough to beat Bluefield we are good enough to beat Richlands.

Hmmmm. You've defeated Richlands just one time since 2003 (2007) and you lost to Bluefield that year. You defeated Bluefield once in 2005 and lost to Richlands twice. You blew Bluefield away in 2006 and lost to Richlands twice. You beat Bluefield in the final seconds of the game in 2008 and lost to Richlands by 3 tds. How far back in history are you going to make that correlation??

Edited by parsons

Hmmmm. You've defeated Richlands just one time since 2003 (2007) and you lost to Bluefield that year. You defeated Bluefield once in 2005 and lost to Richlands twice. You blew Bluefield away in 2006 and lost to Richlands twice. You beat Bluefield in the final seconds of the game in 2008 and lost to Richlands by 3 tds. How far back in history are you going to make that correlation??

+1

I Love stats!

True, We did beat a sub par Gate City team, and a really untested Union squad I will give you that. However Our defense is stout I don't see you guys being able to move the ball on the ground at all. I truly want to believe Graham is back I just really have a hard time seeing them competing much less beating Richlands. The blues are extremely physical and you will see that Friday night. And trust me we don't overlook opponents you will see that soon enought. :)

You forgot the marrs factor. Plus you replaced a whole lot. I guess we will see.

True, We did beat a sub par Gate City team, and a really untested Union squad I will give you that. However Our defense is stout I don't see you guys being able to move the ball on the ground at all. I truly want to believe Graham is back I just really have a hard time seeing them competing much less beating Richlands. The blues are extremely physical and you will see that Friday night. And trust me we don't overlook opponents you will see that soon enought. :)

It has already been said here but i will repeat it. This is not the same graham team that you played last year, (1) they are more physical (2) they are better at staying with their lanes and assignments on defense and offense. (3) they are a little bit bigger and a lot stronger. (4) their running game is a lot better. (5) second year under this system and over the summer more kids in the weight room. and finally they are playing as a team now. all this means is that they are a better team than even last year, does it mean a win, no but it does not mean they will roll over for rhs, They will be ready and they will hit. If they hold onto the ball and cut down on the penalties they will be in the game. One more thing they will be there in the 4th quarter hitting just as hard as in the first, They are in much better shape this year. They will be competing with richlands and stand a good chance of winning.

Well no doubt you've owned us the last 9 years no question. But Coach Carlock owned Richlands for 30 years before that. I just said that historically we are good enough to win, you had great talent those years. Do you have the same talent now? No you don't.

Good post, I respect your opinion and may the best team win. We find out a lot about ourselves Friday night.

IMO, if Graham doesn't turn the ball over and cuts way down on the penalties it will be a good game. If not, then it may be a long night for the G-Men. But like everyone has said this Graham team will hit hard and they create turnovers. Good luck to both teams but I believe this will be a competitive game.

Well no doubt you've owned us the last 9 years no question. But Coach Carlock owned Richlands for 30 years before that. I just said that historically we are good enough to win, you had great talent those years. Do you have the same talent now? No you don't.

There's no doubt in my mind that this year's team has more talent than 2008 and possibly 2009......

There's no doubt in my mind that this year's team has more talent than 2008 and possibly 2009......

Good then. No excuses then from either of us. Lets get it on and find out who's better.

I think the Blues win by 14+ (if we get rid of the fumbleitis and pens). However Union moved the ball on us and I not going to say that Graham won't be able to move the ball but feel the Gmen will not score more than 14 points. If we hold Gmen to 14 I like our chances of winning by 14 to 20 points.

Baker looked 100% better last week than when I seen him in the Bassett game. If he continues to improve by ends season he will be a very good QB, for us anyway.

I think the Blues win by 14+ (if we get rid of the fumbleitis and pens). However Union moved the ball on us and I not going to say that Graham won't be able to move the ball but feel the Gmen will not score more than 14 points. If we hold Gmen to 14 I like our chances of winning by 14 to 20 points.

Baker looked 100% better last week than when I seen him in the Bassett game. If he continues to improve by ends season he will be a very good QB, for us anyway.

you always the think the blues will win by 14 to 20 points or even more no matter who they play

you always the think the blues will win by 14 to 20 points or even more no matter who they play

I gotta watch myself to be honest, I am used to the Blues winning big. I would have to look back at some of my post but I thought I predicted the Richlands-Union game closer than that. I will def. have a closer pick for Pulaski game not sure the Blues can handle those guys this year. Who knows Richlands may only beat gmen by 1 but I like 14 to 20. Who cares as long as we get the W, win by 1 or 100.

I gotta watch myself to be honest, I am used to the Blues winning big. I would have to look back at some of my post but I thought I predicted the Richlands-Union game closer than that. I will def. have a closer pick for Pulaski game not sure the Blues can handle those guys this year. Who knows Richlands may only beat gmen by 1 but I like 14 to 20. Who cares as long as we get the W, win by 1 or 100.

Any thoughts...........Predictions

Richlands pulled off a close one at Union last season are we in for another close one at Ernie Hicks?

I look for another close game with Richlands pulling out with the victory.

Richlands 21 Union 14

I predicted only 7 point advantage

I would agree this yrs d is the best I've seen in 5-6yrs maybe the most speed ever but now I can only go back 23 yrs memory wise lol. Just think they will not over look the g men they have a 31 game win streak going and do not want you all to end it like the last one. Blues by 14

I would agree this yrs d is the best I've seen in 5-6yrs maybe the most speed ever but now I can only go back 23 yrs memory wise lol. Just think they will not over look the g men they have a 31 game win streak going and do not want you all to end it like the last one. Blues by 14

Soid defense but I don't think the best in 6 years. It really surprised me that Union got that many yds running the football. To be honest I thought our Offense looked better than our Defense did last week.

Which Richlands is notorius for not doing to well against the offense of teams like Union,Pulaski,CC, Poq,Turner Ashby,CS last season, see the similarities...........

Soid defense but I don't think the best in 6 years. It really surprised me that Union got that many yds running the football. To be honest I thought our Offense looked better than our Defense did last week.

Which Richlands is notorius for not doing to well against the offense of teams like Union,Pulaski,CC, Poq,Turner Ashby,CS last season, see the similarities...........

I agree Richlands seems to have a hard time defending the wing tee type of offence.

My biggest worry for this game is that Mr. Baker tries to do too much instead of letting the game come to him. Other than that I'm not too concerned. I'm sure the g-men will be fired up for this one and would love to beat down their former teammate. IF Mr. Baker can keep it under control I'll go with 34-14 Blues. Hopefully Mr. Baker has been coached up enough since he's been in the lands to handle the pressure. I'm sure Mance has prepared him for the drama.

I would agree this yrs d is the best I've seen in 5-6yrs maybe the most speed ever but now I can only go back 23 yrs memory wise lol. Just thinIk they will not over look the g men they have a 31 game win streak going and do not want you all to end it like the last one. Blues by 14

what?! that's a crazy statement.