Richlands @ Graham

Ryan4VT

Well, due to health issues, I wont be able to make it to the game tomorrow........I really wanted to be able to make it. I haven't missed but maybe 2 or 3 games in the last 20 years.

I think this is gonna be ONE fun game to be at too ! It's gonna be a great atmosphere with a lot of fans on both sides and 2 teams that bring some lumber !

Man I hate to miss it, but I will be listening to it on the radio, so to all that is going, I hope it is a great game, and I hope all have a safe trip to and from the game........both sides ! I hope both teams come out of it healthy also !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, due to health issues, I wont be able to make it to the game tomorrow........I really wanted to be able to make it. I haven't missed but maybe 2 or 3 games in the last 20 years.

I think this is gonna be ONE fun game to be at too ! It's gonna be a great atmosphere with a lot of fans on both sides and 2 teams that bring some lumber !

Man I hate to miss it, but I will be listening to it on the radio, so to all that is going, I hope it is a great game, and I hope all have a save trip to and from the game........both sides ! I hope both teams come out of it healthy also !

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you get better soon. Let's hope it's a good clean game and that nobody gets hurt.

Man I hate to miss it, but I will be listening to it on the radio, so to all that is going, I hope it is a great game, and I hope all have a safe trip to and from the game........both sides ! I hope both teams come out of it healthy also !

I hope you get well soon!!

Thanks guys for the kind wishes ! Been a rough summer !

Just really hate to miss this game, it just seems like it has the makings of one of those old SWD Friday night games like we use to see all the time ! Should be fun !

Penalties killed Richlands last week, as well as starting field position. Seems like Union had great field position each time we kicked. I feel we are going to have to improve drastically in those areas against any team. Trust me G-Men, Richlands boys are not overlooking you or thinking you’re going to be a push over by any means. They are preparing for a game of smash mouth football and they are coming to play. I am excited to hear that your team is ready to play as well, nothing excites me more than a hard hitting, hard fought football game. I feel due to the kicking game or lack of, Blues win this one 21-10 in a hard fought contest.

Edited by Blues#45

Where would I go to be able to obtain the current standings for the Western Section D2 Power Points? Thanks. Go G-Men!

I think the VHSL puts it out later in the year...but some folks keep up with it early in the season and calculate their own... This is current and accurate...

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=151&tid=157439042&mid=157439042&sid=914&style=2

I think the VHSL puts it out later in the year...but some folks keep up with it early in the season and calculate their own... This is current and accurate...

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=151&tid=157439042&mid=157439042&sid=914&style=2

Thanks for the link! I found this the other day; however, the schools were listed in alphabetical order with point totals placed on the side. This format is much easier to read and understand. Go G-Men!

From the BDT today:

Got a question: BDT said Richlands had 336 yrds of total offense. Yet individual states for two players amount to 475 yrds, one is the QB who had 50 something rushing so it cant be sacks. I cant imagine other players on the team had -139 when they touched it. Inflated stats by someone. Someones stats are very wrong by the coaching staff or BDT. So two kids have more yrds than the entire team and no one noticed. Comical

From the BDT today:

Got a question: BDT said Richlands had 336 yrds of total offense. Yet individual states for two players amount to 475 yrds, one is the QB who had 50 something rushing so it cant be sacks. I cant imagine other players on the team had -139 when they touched it. Inflated stats by someone. Someones stats are very wrong by the coaching staff or BDT. So two kids have more yrds than the entire team and no one noticed. Comical

He must have got his stats from the radio broadcast because I heard the crappy math when they provided the totals.

September 6, 2012

Hatfield focused on Richlands, not on Baker at QB

By BRIAN WOODSON Bluefield Daily Telegraph

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x72171188/Hatfield-focused-on-Richlands-not-on-Baker-at-QB

September 6, 2012

Another rivalry for the G-Men

By BRIAN WOODSON Bluefield Daily Telegraph

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1059009196/Another-rivalry-for-the-G-Men

September 6, 2012

Unbeatens meet at Mitchell

By MIKE DAVIS Bluefield Daily Telegraph

http://bdtonline.com/localsports/x1023272366/Unbeatens-meet-at-Mitchell

Although I would love to see Graham pull another upset, I have a feeling that Richlands still has too much fire power for the young G-men. Win or lose, I just want to see Graham play a great football game. I was talking to some of my friends that support Salem football yesterday. Graham's tough non-league schedule came up in the conversation and those folks could not believe that a single A team would go up against the likes of Bluefield, Princeton, and Richlands. I simply stated that tough opponents make tough football players and Graham certainly does not back down. I also told them that several adjustments were planned for next years schedule but the high level of competition would remain. Once I mentioned the Giles Spartans as one probable opponent their reply was ... "no backing down there." Tough, hard nosed Southwest Virginia football ... you gotta love it!

Safe travels to all the fans making the trip to Bluefield, and elsewhere, tonight.

My prediction ...

Richlands 24

Graham 12

Guest king kone

Been windy this week....time for the Blue Tornado to F5 it all away....LETS GO BLUES!!!!