Richlands @ Pulaski

Ryan4VT

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we continue to play sluggish, with fumbles,dropped TD passes, and penalites it could be a long night for the Blues. Get all that worked out and you got yourself a ball game. One thing for sure we have to play better than we have played all year to get the win. Richlands could be the underdogs this week but thats how I like it.

Im a Blues fan and can't go against the Blues........Rich 21 Pulaski 20.8

Well, if we commit turnovers and penalties, we're in for a long night against Pulaski. We have got to bring our A+ game Friday night. We have got to hold on to the football, and stop leaving scores all over the field. If we bring our A+ game, we'll win. But otherwise, we may lose.

Pulaski-21

Richlands-19

That's how I think it'll happen.

But A+ game, and it'll be Richlands by 10 points or so.

Judging by coach Mance's comments, the Blues are in for a tough week of practice. He wasn't a happy camper, especially at halftime. He mentioned the emotional trash talking between the two schools, and how it influenced the focus of the players from both schools. Coach Mance will have the Blues ready to play, and in my opinion the players will be more focused and hopefully cut down on the penalties and eliminate the turnovers. If that doesn't happen, Richlands will lose.

Everyone pretty much stated what I would say so.........+1 to all above !

If we don't play much better then we have the last 2 weeks, it WILL be a long ride home. This team has potential and talent to be a very very good team, but have to cut down on the mental mistakes !

Thanks Frito ! I am sure that Mance and staff will get this fixed. The 2nd half was better so maybe a good week of practice will help lower the penalties.

Good luck to you guys also, we might smack talk a little before the game and want to beat the snot out of each other, but i still pull for my Tazewell Co brothers the rest of the year !

If Richlands can limit the penalties they will be fine. I'm sure Mance will fix that. Good luck against Pulaski!

Thanks for the post--wish the G-Men success in the rest of their season. I agree with the other posters in regards to Sheets---it seems he would be better utilized at the slot instead of QB.

God bless

Life has many choices---eternity two

No offense to richlands but you guys act like these penalties are a new thing. Richlands always gave a ton of penalties.. If u don't believe me ask Caleb Jennings, he probably had 10 + TSS called back

No offense to richlands but you guys act like these penalties are a new thing. Richlands always gave a ton of penalties.. If u don't believe me ask Caleb Jennings, he probably had 10 + TSS called back

Penalties, yes. 3 straight games over 120+ yards worth of penalties, no.

If Richlands can limit the penalties they will be fine. I'm sure Mance will fix that. Good luck against Pulaski!

He can't it's been in their blood for three years now and he still can't get a grip on it.

I don't know if that stat is findable but I'd like to see Richland penalties per each game since 06. I think a lot of people would be surprised about how how many there have been. They've just been talented enough to overcome them

Guest king kone

I figured when I saw 2 of the refs from the Gate City game there it was going to be a long night....

The Blues have to reduce the amount of penalties to win this tuff game. As a Blues fan I cannot go against them.

Richlands: 28 Pulaski: 14

The outcome will depend on the amount of penalties the Blues muster during the game.

Obviously one can't make assumptions from a scrimmage but Pulaski beat Gate City 78-12 (without extra points, with them it would've been 91-15) & had 1033 yards of total offense. Then again, Richlands didn't throw the ball during their scrimmage so you can't completely base a prediction on this. But I digress, this will be Richlands' toughest game of the year, possibly until they get to the state level (if they get there). If the Blues can avoid too many penalties, they should win this Clash of the Titans

Win or lose it will help the Blues come playoff time. They can win if they play to their potential or they could get blown out if they don't get their head in the game. I would like to say that Frito is a real class act, i've never heard him say anything negative or this site he is a better man than me and most of us (no offense to anyone else).

Win or lose it will help the Blues come playoff time. They can win if they play to their potential or they could get blown out if they don't get their head in the game. I would like to say that Frito is a real class act, i've never heard him say anything negative or this site he is a better man than me and most of us (no offense to anyone else).

He ha the greatest quote of all-time on the board! There was a game between Graham and Tazewell a few years back where the loser finished last in the district. Graham lost, and he said, "does this mean we get the first pick next year? Or does that still go to Richlands?"

Greatest quote ever.

Win or lose it will help the Blues come playoff time. They can win if they play to their potential or they could get blown out if they don't get their head in the game.

Very true insight there. One thing that has killed Richlands in previous years has been the lack of decent competition (save Gate City) in the regular season. Most games, the starters only play the first half so when they reach the postseason and they need to play the entire game, they almost seem caught off guard