Richlands @ Pulaski

Ryan4VT

Relax, no one was talking bad about Sheets.

If your reading comprehension was a bit better then you would see that everyone in this thread was extremely complimentary of Sheets actually. He is the best player on Graham's team and moving him to the slot gets the ball in the best player's hands easily. He is too small to make a difference in the middle of the field. Get him on the outside and he's one of the best ATHLETES on the field as he's shown every game this season. Sheets is an ATHLETE not a QB. Nothing wrong with that if you use him correctly.

I still see sour grapes about Baker torching you though. I'd be pissed too if I was a Graham fan. The kid made a decision regarding his future and it has paid off for him obviously. Richlands now has a serviceable QB that fits their system and Graham isn't hurting with Sheets. What's the problem?

Exactly. I haven't see anyone down Sheets. And I can tell you that I am not a "players daddy", or a father at all for that matter. And it's easy to see that Sheets best fits your offense on the edges. Richlands had the same thing with Austin Fuller. Capable QB, But unstoppable on the outside. We are just fans trying to help out with insights that aren't swayed from the inside.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody is downing sheets either, but some have questioned whether he should be playing QB or another position.........and if you have watched Graham for the past 2 years, you would know that Sheets is clearly the man for the job. He is a leader on and off the field. Richlands made him a non factor at QB in that game.. (Mance said himself that was their game plan), so they tried something different and it worked.(for one series)....against Richlands.... Sheets has put his heart and soul into this team and is by far the best QB they've got. I think the kid would perform well at any position he played, because he puts his best effort forth on every play.

Edited by futbolking

Sheets is the only option at QB right now. At this point, he is at the best position to benefit the team. I would prefer him at QB with the ball in his hand given his ability to make something out of nothing. As the other QB progresses then I would move Sheets to other positions to get him some space. At this time though he is in the best position to make plays and it works(most of the time).

I was hoping that Pulaski would be coming into this match up undefeated; however, PH-Roanoke took care of business last week. Thus, the Cougars are 2-1. PH appears to be a little stronger than most of us from the Roanoke Valley expected. Richlands will certainly have their hands full this Friday night. As noted on many posts previously, if the penalties are cut down then the Blues win. If not, Pulaski County will earn the bragging rights on this one.

The streets, and Walmart, in Dublin will be empty this Friday night as everyone from Pulaski County will be gathered at the Cougar Den. This match up has been long anticipated before the season began. The Cougars are much improved from last year and their opening opponents, Radford and Northside, are not as good this year as they were last year. Pulaski and Northside went down to the wire with the Cougars coming out on top in the end. Northside has a good football team and plays a tough non district schedule. The Vikings will give any school in Southwest Virginia a run for their money regardless of classification.

Richlands fields a better team than Northside this year, and should be able to defeat Pulaski only IF the penalties are null and void. Can the Blues do this? YES ... and hopefully it will be evident this coming Friday!

Richlands 23

Pulaski County 20

Good luck to the Blues and as always ... Go G-Men!

I was hoping that Pulaski would be coming into this match up undefeated; however, PH-Roanoke took care of business last week. Thus, the Cougars are 2-1. PH appears to be a little stronger than most of us from the Roanoke Valley expected. Richlands will certainly have their hands full this Friday night. As noted on many posts previously, if the penalties are cut down then the Blues win. If not, Pulaski County will earn the bragging rights on this one.

The streets, and Walmart, in Dublin will be empty this Friday night as everyone from Pulaski County will be gathered at the Cougar Den. This match up has been long anticipated before the season began. The Cougars are much improved from last year and their opening opponents, Radford and Northside, are not as good this year as they were last year. Pulaski and Northside went down to the wire with the Cougars coming out on top in the end. Northside has a good football team and plays a tough non district schedule. The Vikings will give any school in Southwest Virginia a run for their money regardless of classification.

Richlands fields a better team than Northside this year, and should be able to defeat Pulaski only IF the penalties are null and void. Can the Blues do this? YES ... and hopefully it will be evident this coming Friday!

Richlands 23

Pulaski County 20

Good luck to the Blues and as always ... Go G-Men!

I think everyone would agree that Richlands is alittle down this year (young) compared to the resent history. At this point im not sure any of us know just how good we are yet but we know we have a good solid football team. We got a young team (which shows with the pens and turnovers). IF you notice most of our fumbles are when a WR,QB has the ball and 3 people on him fighting for extra yds..........just go down and play the next down.Every year Richlands has a game in which they look as if they have come together and we roll from there out. Usually it is around week 4 and I hope that history repeats itself. I feel we took a step backwards at Graham last week - offense anyway. If I worked on anything this week to get ready it would be---------hang on to the football, play smart (no pens) and execute the game plan. I felt we just looked very sluggish last week. As for the defense don't over commit and watch for the sneaky playaction. Something we don't do and I would like to see is when we are on defense try to strip the FOOTBALL.

Blues will be ready to play. They are pumped up and know what they are up against. Kicking game is back this week. I think it will be a tough game but this team is coming together. I disagree with taking a step back against Graham. Baker had a lot of presure coming "home" and he handled it well. Cut the yellow flags and this team will put another one in the W side.

Blues will be ready to play. They are pumped up and know what they are up against. Kicking game is back this week. I think it will be a tough game but this team is coming together. I disagree with taking a step back against Graham. Baker had a lot of presure coming "home" and he handled it well. Cut the yellow flags and this team will put another one in the W side.

Just saying that I thought our offense looked very sluggish and alot of mistakes, thought we looked better against Union. Yes I thought Baker played well, just needs to secure the ball when running. Anytime you throw for 160yds and 4 TDs its been a good night..............he would have had more than that if we hadn't dropped passes, but hey thats part of football and something we need to work on. I just think all the flags is what is throwing us off...........can never get in rythme

Isn't it amazing how Richlands has had so many different QBs that have done well under Coach Mance? They just keep sticking bodies in there and they keep producing. I for one am very impressed with that. Year after year, no matter what, they have a solid QB. And for those who will jump at the transfer issue, those kids still have to learn a new system and that just proves my point even more. Good luck to both teams Friday night and I hope everyone comes out healthy.

Isn't it amazing how Richlands has had so many different QBs that have done well under Coach Mance? They just keep sticking bodies in there and they keep producing. I for one am very impressed with that. Year after year, no matter what, they have a solid QB. And for those who will jump at the transfer issue, those kids still have to learn a new system and that just proves my point even more. Good luck to both teams Friday night and I hope everyone comes out healthy.

Thats why we love the coaching staff we have.

From what I have been hearing your QB for Richlands will be a kid this is on the 8th grade team now. Keep hearing he is a great QB and probably will be your starter as a 10th grader when Baker graduates.

Edited by Nadoball

Totally agree barondawg77 ! I truly think that is what our advantage is here in Richlands.........Coach Mance and the rest of the staff ! They get the kids and fans to completely buy into the program ! They just do a great job with the Kids !

I thought we looked good Friday if you noticed Graham was sending 9 alnight. Thought we should have run better Johnson was who I thought would have a big night never seen him carry the ball but I did go smoke a few times. If the bus ride dose not kill them we will be fine I think we come out slow on those games and we can not do that get behind and it may be a long night. The jv and eight grade are winning big so the future does look good. I think union has a faster backfield than Pulaski I think if we play smart it will be fine

Blues 31

Pulaski 24

I am a richlands fan. But there will be a lot of penalties against them. For what ever reason it happens every game. It pains me on Friday nights to listen, even when their teams are great they have penalties. It's a pattern they have not broken yet. It cost them a state championship! I hope they make me eat my words! It would make me very happy to see them clean up this part of their game. Prove me wrong Big Blue!!!! I will be pulling for you!!!!

Edited by wishbone84

From what I have been hearing your QB for Richlands will be a kid this is on the 8th grade team now. Keep hearing he is a great QB and probably will be your starter as a 10th grader when Baker graduates.
just like jack vance was supposed to be the starter, and reece strong was supposed to start as a sophomore and ben brown was supposed to start this year... i'm sure a starter will show up from somewhere else haha ;)

Guest king kone
just like jack vance was supposed to be the starter, and reece strong was supposed to start as a sophomore and ben brown was supposed to start this year... i'm sure a starter will show up from somewhere else haha ;)
Do the voices you hear tell you to post stuff like this? There is medication that can be prescribed that will stop it.

no, if its the kid I've been watching at the eighth grade games he is not a transfer nor a holdback I remember him playing smurfs with my Little Brother and they are both in the same grade...

The kid is a lefty, and from what I'm told, he could start next year if needed.

Guest king kone
Tell me where I was wrong! You can't. Truth hurts some, some laugh at it. If you can't take atruthful joke then you're in the wrong place.
The truth is we keep on winning and there are plenty of players in the pipeline to keep it going and plenty of whiners out there like you who pull for substandard programs that get on here and post negative comments because that is all you have.