New region d plan

Blues Man

The vhsl r and r committe met today and approved region d new district plan for next year. Marion lost their appeal to move to the hogo again.

New region d plan.

Black Diamond/ Council, Grundy, Haysi, Hurley, Honaker, Twin valley

Cumberland/ Castlewood, Clintwood, Eastside, Ji Burton, T Walker, Rye Cove, Twin springs

New district 1/ Abingdon, Lebanon, Marion, Tazewell, Richlands

New district 2/ Gate City, John Battle, Lee, Union, Va high, Central-Wise

Edited by Blues Man

The vhsl r and r committe met today and approved region d new district plan for next year. Marion lost their appeal to move to the hogo again.

New region d plan.

Cumberland/ Castlewood, Clintwood, Eastside, Ji Burton, T Walker, Rye Cove, Twin springs

Love it. Gives us options to keep some rivalry games on the schedule. We would have our 4 district games and could keep our Gate City, Honaker, Graham and Union games. And maybe pick up a few other new ones. I'd love to see us play a Burton or Battle.

I agree! I hate to think that there would no longer be a Southwest District. Many great teams and a lot of tradition over the past years.

The LPD is gone as of next year as well....Members won 21 State Titles in Football alone. (14 other teams got to the state final and lost)

Love it. Gives us options to keep some rivalry games on the schedule. We would have our 4 district games and could keep our Gate City, Honaker, Graham and Union games. And maybe pick up a few other new ones. I'd love to see us play a Burton or Battle.

If Battle wanted to play Richlands we would still be talking about a nine team CMD instead of whatever this is.

The nine team CMD was the best idea I've seen since the old SWD split up. This new plan sucks for everyone in "New District 1". They trade Carroll for Lebanon. That's it. They still have to play six non-district games in an area where the other districts don't need six. Do the math on that one! I thought one of the reasons for realignment was to make scheduling easier but this makes it harder. I hope Richlands drops every team in "New District 2" in all sports and then picks up Bluefield and as many NE TN schools as possible.

The nine team CMD was the best idea I've seen since the old SWD split up. This new plan sucks for everyone in "New District 1". They trade Carroll for Lebanon. That's it. They still have to play six non-district games in an area where the other districts don't need six. Do the math on that one! I thought one of the reasons for realignment was to make scheduling easier but this makes it harder. I hope Richlands drops every team in "New District 2" in all sports and then picks up Bluefield and as many NE TN schools as possible.

The 9 team plan would have benefitted teams in that district for easier scheduling. A school in the 4 team LPD would have to find 7 schools in football to schedule. The new plan is better for all.

New region d plan.

That's not a bad looking line-up at all. Personally, I would have preferred the more recent 9-team Clinch Mountain proposal. But this alignment seems to be pretty well balanced in terms of geography.

I like it a whole lot better than the Notre Dame to ACC deal.

The 9 team plan would have benefitted teams in that district for easier scheduling. A school in the 4 team LPD would have to find 7 schools in football to schedule. The new plan is better for all.

It's better for the schools that got their way. If it were better for all we would have an 11 team district like the old SWD. Scheduling would be a piece of cake in all sports, and since the district has no bearing on the post season you don't have to worry about 9-1 teams missing the playoffs.

It's better for the schools that got their way. If it were better for all we would have an 11 team district like the old SWD. Scheduling would be a piece of cake in all sports, and since the district has no bearing on the post season you don't have to worry about 9-1 teams missing the playoffs.

I would hate to see the same teams on the schedule year after year. Too many good out of district games.

^^ Agree 100%.

But since there is apparently some issue that prevents administrators from seeing the logic behind this argument, the five-team districts as proposed look reasonable enough.

for some reason the VHSL is hell bent on getting rid of the SWD...I've heard the new district will be called the Clinch River District, or at least that's one they are kicking around.

New region d plan.

Clintwood drives to Thomas Walker....what a long bus ride and expense of fuel to school and parents!!

New region d plan.

What happens when Dickenson County Consolidates?

they need to bring back the Highlands District. I just like the name better. It doesn't mean anything about who is in it, the name just has a better ring I think

that was a horrible district?

From what I understand they will be placed in the district with Tazewell , Richlands , Lebanon, Abingdon, and Marion.

I really hope not. Clintwood has alot of ties to Union, Central and GC so if for no other reason than to preserve some history I would rather see Ridgeview in district 2(CMD). The travel times would be alot longer in District 1(SWD) also, Marion and Tazewell are long trips.

I agree, things should be a little clearer then.

I would think Buch Co would join D1(SWD) and Honaker and Council to the Hogo? Honaker could join D1 but I would guess they would ask to join the Hogo and would probably be granted that request.

Edited by redtiger